News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

I think it indents like that when there is a username that is rather long. If everyone that is in chat all have roughly the same shorter handle, it doesn't do that. Not exactly sure what the fix for that would be though.

mayeZ

is it possible to show the shoutbox only for logged in users? quests can see the shoutbox and i do not want it. :D

br360

You can change that in permissions.

Admin>>Permissions>>Guests. Click on modify, and make sure where it says Shoutbox, that "View Shoutbox" is unchecked.

aljones

Well, I came here to ask a question ...
I've installed Shoutbox 1.0.5 on SMF 2.0.8 and can't do anything with the sound icon.  It's off (muted) and if I click it, it stays off.  Why??
Any suggestions on how to enable sound in the shoutbox.  It does work on the chat bar and sound is enabled throughout so I don't understand why it isn't worting in shoutbox.

Ninja ZX-10RR

That question has been answered many times I think... And additionally the mod author is not supporting this mod anymore, at least not the free version.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

aljones

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 02, 2014, 09:31:52 AM
That question has been answered many times I think... And additionally the mod author is not supporting this mod anymore, at least not the free version.
I presumed it would have been asked, but trying to find an answer in this thread has proven to be frustrating to say the least.  Search for "no sound" turns up a plethora of hits ... none particularly helpful.
Your other comment is the reason for my initial "Well, I came here to ask a question ..." but since there's been more discussion about the author and his opinions (to be polite) I really didn't expect any answer.  If you can recall a link to the answer to the question I'd be grateful - not that I'd be apt to purchase the pro version from an author who isn't, apparently, interested in supporting the free version that many would convert.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed you have your point... I don't officially want to support this mod as I had a bad run-in with the mod author so I will be sending you a PM if you don't mind ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

RSI

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SMFPACKS !!!

The only way to get the guy to look into a problem is to pay via Paypal then dispute it. Even doing so the guy will just give you an excuse as to why it won't work. His mods should be removed from this SMF site completely.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: RSI on July 06, 2014, 10:41:13 AM
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SMFPACKS !!!

The only way to get the guy to look into a problem is to pay via Paypal then dispute it. Even doing so the guy will just give you an excuse as to why it won't work. His mods should be removed from this SMF site completely.

Makes me chuckle XD that's some negative feedback here... Dude if you are interested I have translated the whole mod to Italian a few messsages ago :)
Sorry for the late reply I have been *very* ill at hospital.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

OT:

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on July 14, 2014, 12:10:04 PMSorry for the late reply I have been *very* ill at hospital.

I was wondering about that since I haven't seen you in awhile. Hope all is well now.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

JoeBrodsky

Hey does anybody know how to get the timestamp to lineup on the left side?  I notice that the time of each post gets shifted over if the username is not the same length.  I uploaded a picture to show what I am talking about.

Steve

I'd be interested in knowing that too. I think it would look much better the way you want it. :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

It gets shifted just because the username lenght is different XD also as this mod is not supported from the mod author you will not find an answer.
(Even though I like it more "messy"-looking, come on, do you really want everything to be straight and linear? :P )

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Ninja ZX-10RR

Idk if you can actually say that XD but I can't go on otherwise we would go OT very much.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Well, anal here in the states means nearly the same as having OCD. Everything has to be in its place. :)

/OT

JoeBrodsky

Does anyone know how to fix the smileys being too big for the shoutbox? I want the smileys to be the same height as the letters so my shoutbox doesn't look weird.

I uploaded a picture to explain.

Steve

Short of resizing all of your smilies I can't see any way of doing it unless you want to increase the size of the text.

Edit: I forgot I was in a mod thread so maybe the author has an idea ...

br360

Do the default smileys fit properly? Do the smileys you added look larger than the text in posts on the forum as well?

If so, then Steve is- you are most likely going to have to resize the custom smileys you uploaded and make them a little smaller.

Advertisement: