SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

It's on the right side for me no matter what skin I'm on ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 09, 2014, 08:02:44 AM
Yes I meant that and there was also another message by another guy but it has been deleted for some reason O.o
It was saying some useful informations about the colors...

Thanks mate..... Looks like i missed his post then  :(

There must be a way to change it!!

Ninja ZX-10RR

In my opinion there isn't without rewriting a whole piece of the mod itself. But it's just my opinion and I'm not really good at coding so...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

peterwaalker

SMFPacks Shoutbox is a mod i have used for years. I had a problem on my site and have a clean replacement of files using Large Upgrade.
After every thing is i had to reset all mods.
Finally i began to install the mods one after the other until SMFPacks Shoutbox.
SMFPacks Shoutbox installed very very successfully but is not showing up from home.
Please tell me what to do?

br360

The Solid Community

Hi there!
I was wondering if i could get some help to install?

Well, i downloaded the mod from the mod site and uploaded it, tested and configed. But it doesn't show up in my main index...

I did add the extra commands lines BOTH to my core AND custom theme.
What did i do wrong? Is it in the configurations menu?

Note: Im new to SMF

Thank you :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just a quick guess... Did you set the permissions for it? :P
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

The Solid Community

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 20, 2014, 08:56:58 PM
Just a quick guess... Did you set the permissions for it? :P
In file manager? Yes i just tried that... and dumb as i am i edited ALL 0755 permission to 0644 (Insert LOL here) which ******ed up my forum...
But i managed to set the ones i know back to 0755...  O:)

But i get these messages when re-installing it

3. Replace index.php
Code: (Find) [Select]
call_user_func(smf_main());
Code: (Replace) [Select]
// SMFPacks Shoutbox
call_user_func(Shoutbox_Load(smf_main()));

$context['browser']['is_ie'] = $context['browser']['is_ie4'] || $context['browser']['is_ie5'] || $context['browser']['is_ie5.5'] || $context['browser']['is_ie6'] || $context['browser']['is_ie7'] || $context['browser']['is_ie8'];
$context['browser']['is_ie'] = !$context['browser']['is_opera'] && !$context['browser']['is_gecko'] && !$context['browser']['is_web_tv'] && preg_match('~MSIE \d~', $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) == 1;

$context['browser']['ie_standards_fix'] = !$context['browser']['is_ie8'];
$context['browser']['ie_standards_fix'] = $context['browser']['is_ie4'] || $context['browser']['is_ie5'] || $context['browser']['is_ie5.5'] || $context['browser']['is_ie6'] || $context['browser']['is_ie7'];

Are these errors here because i already installed them twice? Because when i ******ed up with the permissions EVERY addon got un-installed....

Kindred

ummm.... no.   not chmod/file permissions.

permissions for users to use it  -- in the smf permissions section.

and why the heck would you reinstall a mod that is already installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterwaalker

Quote from: br360 on August 19, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
Did you get a chance to try my suggestion on the other thread? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=526576.msg3732895#msg3732895
Yes the solution you gave me on that thread worked.
Thank you so much

The Solid Community

Quote from: Kindred on August 21, 2014, 06:31:29 AM

I didn't install it again after it was already installed... i was forced to do so since i managed to ****** the system files....
And I'm pretty sure i created a category with the name ''Shoutbox'' but i believe that install was pretty much broken since i was tired and i didn't care about the errors that came up in the installation...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: The Solid Community on August 21, 2014, 01:01:19 PM

I didn't install it again after it was already installed... i was forced to do so since i managed to ****** the system files....
And I'm pretty sure i created a category with the name ''Shoutbox'' but i believe that install was pretty much broken since i was tired and i didn't care about the errors that came up in the installation...
Meh, as a general suggestion you are admin of your own site, at least do things when you really want to do them, not when you are tired. Also "didn't care about the errors that came up in the installation..." and you complain that it didn't work? Lol seriously? Not to be rude but you made me laugh and also my girlfriend did (even if she is a total newb)  ;D

Being serious... In the end what did you do? Did you uninstall it and tried again or what? Does it give you errors when trying to install it?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

If you installed it, but ignored the errors
and the uninstalled it, but ignored even more errors...

then who knows what state your site is in...

You are either going to have to MANUALLY go through every file edit and confirm that it was done if you want it to be installed (or undone, if you want it to be uninstalled).

Or, you will need ot load a clean set of files and reinstall all of your mods

there really is no other choice.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

The Solid Community

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 21, 2014, 04:00:32 PM
Quote from: The Solid Community on August 21, 2014, 01:01:19 PM

Meh, as a general suggestion you are admin of your own site, at least do things when you really want to do them, not when you are tired. Also "didn't care about the errors that came up in the installation..." and you complain that it didn't work? Lol seriously? Not to be rude but you made me laugh and also my girlfriend did (even if she is a total newb)  ;D

Being serious... In the end what did you do? Did you uninstall it and tried again or what? Does it give you errors when trying to install it?
Well, i had to re-install everything... still can't download it via the package installer... either i fix it by uploading it to the package installer or edit the file permissions (proper this time) :P

Ninja ZX-10RR

Never download the mods through the package manager, download them from the website and then upload them trhough the package manager. This is because when you use the package manager you get a *LOT* of server load because it has to communicate with SMF server and then back to yours - kinda messy and uses too many resources. ;)
But in the end I guess you made it since you said "I fix it", what was the problem anyway?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

The Solid Community

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 22, 2014, 11:08:05 AM
Never download the mods through the package manager, download them from the website and then upload them trhough the package manager. This is because when you use the package manager you get a *LOT* of server load because it has to communicate with SMF server and then back to yours - kinda messy and uses too many resources. ;)
But in the end I guess you made it since you said "I fix it", what was the problem anyway?
Probably because the index.php and many more were currupt... had missing lines etc
So i thought there was something wrong with the mod... but it was the whole forum.

Hersfeld

Is there any way to drag the shoutbox from the top of the boards to the bottom of the boards?

Kindred

to drag it? no.

to reposition it by moving the code, probably so...
Слaва
Украинi

Hersfeld

And how do i have to modify the code to reposition it?

Kindred

in index.template.php...

dunno aside from that specifically... That would be the author's job to support you on that request... but we all know when that will happen.

maybe one of the other users of this mod can help you.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: