News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Quote from: Fortytwo on September 19, 2014, 07:23:12 PM... the creator of this mod is an ass if he's gonna be this greedy about this mod ...

I don't have any feelings about the guy one way or the other but in his defense ... it's not unusual for free programs not to have any tech support unless the paid version is obtained. I have many of those on my computer. Everyone belittles him but he did put a lot of hours and effort into creating this so if he wants only the paid version to have support he's well within his rights imo ...

Anyway ... back to your problem ...

(btw, I use the free version of this mod without issue so I don't know how to help :( )
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

It's funny, I was under the impression this was the Hack's Park Shoutbox taken over and rebranded, personally... And I did buy the paid version to see how 'rewritten' it was. Didn't look like it that much though.

I'm just curious to see if the habit of phoning home from the paid versions during installation will appear in the free versions, and whether hosts will flag that particular code as suspicious or not.

Steve

Quote from: Arantor on September 20, 2014, 09:23:05 AM
It's funny, I was under the impression this was the Hack's Park Shoutbox taken over and rebranded ...

That I didn't know.

Arantor

Nibogo

I actually helped developing the original mod as I am a friend of JCS and Makito (the main two devs), I even gave them the idea of doing that as this one just a private mod for their website (without a lot of current features which were added later).

About  Fortytwo, really nice way for asking things, you have done nothing here to gain the right to tell someone with more than 20 free mods that he is an ass. Please just don't use the mod, seek for something else.

Quote from: Steve on September 20, 2014, 09:13:38 AM
I don't have any feelings about the guy one way or the other but in his defense ... it's not unusual for free programs not to have any tech support unless the paid version is obtained. I have many of those on my computer. Everyone belittles him but he did put a lot of hours and effort into creating this so if he wants only the paid version to have support he's well within his rights imo ...

(btw, I use the free version of this mod without issue so I don't know how to help :( )

Thanks man, it's nice to know that some people actually appreciate what I have done over this website.

Ninja ZX-10RR

The support might be absent yes but asking things like that is wrong in any case :/ I didn't like that either...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Branko.

Quote from: Nibogo on September 20, 2014, 11:38:53 AM
....it's nice to know that some people actually appreciate what I have done over this website.
Go ahead Nibogo, good job.  SMFPacks Shoutbox, Users Online Today and Downloads System are my favorites.  ;)
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Steve on September 20, 2014, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: Fortytwo on September 19, 2014, 07:23:12 PM... the creator of this mod is an ass if he's gonna be this greedy about this mod ...

Sorry if that sounded too rude, but reading the previous pages and how he was responding to things and people still didn't solve their problems and he didn't care got me kinda bothered about it, couldn't think of a better way to say that, unfortunately it did seem a lot for me like he's caring more about the money than the mod :/ As you could probably see the original post was just the question and answers to others questions. I don't have a problem with paid versions of free things, if they're good I don't mind buying them, but that doesn't mean he should act like that about it, it doesn't even help him sell more on the long term at all.

Anyhow, sorry about how the post turned out, it was supposed to be mostly a comment at the end of the post and nothing more, I'm not really interested in discussing about it, there was enough of that on previous pages. I guess things were still too fresh in my head when I wrote it and I end up venting out and continuing on the discussion I was reading. Also out of frustration to spend so much time making customizations on this to see the creator ignore the same problem that I have. Not exactly expecting help from him at this point. He said he wouldn't help when Ninja asked, why it would be any different with me when I have the same question?

Edit: I edited the previous post, that should be more like the original intention ;)

I'm still curious though, why you'd want to use tables?  :o

About the problem... Any ideas at all that anyone has is welcome, I have no idea at all on how this works, unfortunately =/ I tried searching more the forum and found many other people with a similar issue even on other mods, but none of them seem to have found the problem.

Quote from: Hersfeld on September 13, 2014, 05:07:51 AM
Quote from: Hersfeld on September 09, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
Thanks a lot. It works nearly fine, but the shoutbox isn't before the Info-Center, it is inside of the Info-Center.
I took version #1 an inserted the code before

// Show statistical style information...

It might been lost due to the discussion.

If you want it outside the entire info-center, it starts at    // Here's where the "Info Center" starts..., try adding before that.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

KungFuJoe

Hello,

Hopefully this isn't something that was answered already, but I was wondering if the issue of having your message disappear if it's entered at the same time the shoutbox refreshes was ever addressed/fixed?  That was pretty much the only major grievance I had with it when I was using it.

Also, is there a way to just disable sound completely?

Just FYI, I've already paid for two SMFPack mods (Mentions and Likes Pro) not that I'm expecting any kind of special treatment for that.  ;)

Thanks!

Steve

Clicking the speaker icon disables the sound ... is that what you meant?

KungFuJoe

Quote from: Steve on September 23, 2014, 04:38:50 PM
Clicking the speaker icon disables the sound ... is that what you meant?

it does, but the default is ON and there doesn't seem to be a universal way to make it off by default.

br360

If you want to completely disable the sound, you need to delete the shoutbox.mp3 file. It should be in your Themes/default folder.

After you remove it, you will probably have to do a hard refresh.

KungFuJoe

Quote from: br360 on September 23, 2014, 05:04:46 PM
If you want to completely disable the sound, you need to delete the shoutbox.mp3 file. It should be in your Themes/default folder.

After you remove it, you will probably have to do a hard refresh.

Thanks! 

Have you experienced what I mentioned about the disappearing messages?

br360

Sort of, but it was only happening on one test site, so I never really did investigate why. I'm wondering if it has something to do with resources and the refresh rate. Have you tried setting the refresh higher than the default of 8000, to see if that resolves the issue?

KungFuJoe

Quote from: br360 on September 23, 2014, 06:07:16 PM
Sort of, but it was only happening on one test site, so I never really did investigate why. I'm wondering if it has something to do with resources and the refresh rate. Have you tried setting the refresh higher than the default of 8000, to see if that resolves the issue?

I did, but then it slows down the conversations.  Trying to find a happy medium...

littleangel

Good morning, sorry if you don´t undestand me well but my english is very bad(I am Spanish)

i have installed SMF packs Shoutbox in my forum, I haven´t any errors in the installation but the shoutbox don´t work...(so we have to install another chat)

We write some message but nothing appears in the chat...only a clock waiting...

forum: www.patinajeartitico.es/foro
version: 2.0.9

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: littleangel on October 19, 2014, 06:48:59 AM
Good morning, sorry if you don´t undestand me well but my english is very bad(I am Spanish)

i have installed SMF packs Shoutbox in my forum, I haven´t any errors in the installation but the shoutbox don´t work...(so we have to install another chat)

We write some message but nothing appears in the chat...only a clock waiting...

forum: www.patinajeartitico.es/foro
version: 2.0.9
The URL you provided gives me a 105 error as if the site doesn't exist.
The error is VERY much likely related to a custom theme you have on your forum, I had a similar issue, myself. Just use another one or uninstall the custom theme since on the default theme it will work.
Yeah I know that's not really good news for you, sorry :(
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

littleangel

Sorry, I miss a "s" in the URL :(

www.patinajeartistico.es/foro

We use the default theme...

Ninja ZX-10RR

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

littleangel

Permissions? I think It's ok but I don't know ... Sorry I can't explain it well in english

Advertisement: