SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Now you got me lost :P

Did you uninstall the MOD or not?
Permissions for the shoutbox are defined in the same place as the other permissions are: admin --> Members --> Permissions.
For each membergroup you can see and define the adequate permissions.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Cod3rx

im getting a white index page on 209

kat

You mean SMF v 2.0.9?

Check with your host. You may be short of memory. Or, perhaps, they have weird settings for "mod_security".

Cod3rx

running on 2 gig hosting ok i think it the way i set it up will report back yes 209 inthe index and where is the full mod for this as theres no shoutbox php at all now do we have working mods on here for the 209 or what ? if not i go away and get something else where you can get the mods if mybb can do a shoutbox js im sure here can to instainstesd  of giving the run about here there every where nothing works and do not say it its my hosting as its not its the mods here where some of them not working on the 209 full stop

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Cod3rx on November 22, 2014, 12:07:32 PM
running on 2 gig hosting ok i think it the way i set it up will report back yes 209 inthe index and where is the full mod for this as theres no shoutbox php at all now do we have working mods on here for the 209 or what ? if not i go away and get something else where you can get the mods if mybb can do a shoutbox js im sure here can to instainstesd  of giving the run about here there every where nothing works and do not say it its my hosting as its not its the mods here where some of them not working on the 209 full stop
Can I say WTF?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Cod3rx,

1- learn to write in proper english. This includes capitalization, punctuation and actual grammatical structure.
2- so, the thousands of other folks who have installed this one and hundreds of other mods on 2.0.9 are all liars?
3- If you are actually getting a fully white page with no text at all (known as the "white screen of death") then you have an issue on the server side of php.  It might be software related... it might be host related...  but you would have to look into the SERVER SIDE errors logs to find out.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zoots

Hi there,

I'm using SMF (of course lol) and I want to add that shoutbox thing.

I installed it and so far it seems to be working when I access this link www. thekzworld .com/index.php?action=shoutbox but for some reason.. I can't get it to show on my main page or any page at all.

Am I missing something ?

Sorry but i'm not good at html and stuff like that.

Hope you guys can help me :)

LoKe

Hi,

I just updated to the 1.0.9 version.  Is there a way to set the notification sound as off by default, and users can choose to enable it?

brynn

125 pages!  Of course I can't read them all, but I did search, with mostly unhelpful results.  Here's the problem:

Suddenly, I don't get the audio alert that a new shout has been posted.  It doesn't seem like it's my system, because I have audio otherwise -- email alerts, sound with videos, etc.  I've toggled the sound button in the shoutbox at least 20 times, and I'm positive it's set for the sound to be played.  Also, it's become accidentally toggled off in the past, so that's the first thing I checked when I noticed it wasn't working.  I just don't know what could have happened.

I do see that there's a new version of this shoutbox.  But when I tried to uninstall, I got errors, and I'll have to wait for someone to help me with those, before I can install the new version.

But maybe someone can tell me where to look for things that might have otherwise gotten misconfigured?  If it's "mission impossible" just let me know.  But maybe someone has an idea?

This is SMF 2.0.9 with Tiny Portal 1.107 and approx 40 other mods.  I can list the other mods if necessary.  Also, this is with Win7, 64-bit and Firefox.  While waiting for reply, I'll open IE and wait for a new shout, to find out if the problem is related to the browser.  At the moment though, I'm not sure.

I can't think of any other info you might need, but if there is, let me know what, and I'll provide it.

Thank you very much   :)

brynn

Ok, now I'm upgraded to the current shoutbox version, but still no sound.  Other people hear the sound in my forum.  And I even hear the sound in other SMF forums which use this same shoutbox!

(Hey, where your smileys go?   I'll bet you switched to Xmas smileys, and I need to go to my profile to switch also.)

The problem seems to me to be in my particular installation of SMF!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks  :-)

Steve

Quote from: brynn on December 22, 2014, 05:28:08 PMOther people hear the sound in my forum.

Wait. What? If it works for others then there's a local problem, not a problem with the shoutbox, right?
DO NOT pm me for support!

brynn

I see your point!  Something on my end, but it can't be Ff, or I couldn't hear it in your forum.  I just don't know where to look.

Chances are it's a conflict somewhere.  I just don't know where to look. 

I've uninstalled/reinstalled NoScript and AdBlockPlus (separately, one at a time).  As for other Ff plugins, DoNotTrack changed over to Blur....possibly about the time I lost the sound.  ....oohhh.....  You know, when it went to Blur, I started getting alerts in forum and PM message editors asking if I want to block my credit card info!!  I've told them about it, and they are supposedly working on it.  But if something so bizarre as a credit card alert in forum and pM editors is happening, who knows, maybe it could somehow be affecting sound in the Shoutbox??  And it's only in SMF forums!!  Doesn't happen in phpBB, or other forums.

Well, still investigating.  Any comments welcome  :-)

brynn

Whatever the problem is, occurs in IE and Firefox both  (no sound in either).

brynn

Ok.  I managed to find the shoutbox.mp3 file within the files, and it plays beautifully with Windows Media Player.  So somewhere between that file and where the shoutbox is installed on my forum, it where the breakdown happens.

Now, even though I don't know programming, sometimes I can learn things by looking at the code.  So next, I'll try to find the place where the code calls on the mp3 file.  Maybe a clue there.  Who knows?

It would be very helpful if someone who understands this mod could give me a clue  :-)

karavan2

Hello. For many years been using your events, but after the update to php 5.5 got the error

8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /forum/Sources/Shoutbox.php
Line: 312

please tell me how to solve this problem , thank you.

fabriig2

Hi!! i have a problem with google chrome !!! any can help me ?? look please

brynn

Still trying to get help, I contacted smfpacks.com.  Here's the response I got, from nibogo who apparently is the author:

"Sorry, but I don't support my lite versions, you can get the pro one and get support plus all the awesome features."

Imo, not providing support for the free version, is not much of an incentive to buy the supposedly better version.  Why bother making a free version, if you're not going to support it? 

I think I'll try out some of the other shoutbox mods!

margarett

After some requests and the compromise of the author to provide support for the free version of this MOD, it has been restored.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gwenwyfar

Inaugurating then, bringing back that problem we had no answer for before:

Are there any plans to fix or any fix you can give for that refresh problem when there is more than one window of the chat open? (which includes different computers). Makes the chat pretty much useless.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Nibogo

No, the shoutbox was designed like that to prevent abuse from users. Every user has a the last updated message in his session to prevent overload of queries for each page loaded.

Advertisement: