News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Any group that you allow in that group's permissions can see it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

LoriMomof9

Where do you find the group permissions?

Steve

LoriMomof9

I guess I am not getting this permission thing.

I don't see anywhere in permissions where it talks about shoutbox permissions.  IN the shoutbox configuration - I see nothing about membergroups it is associated with....

Steve

When you go to Admin, then Permissions, you should see the list of your membergroups. To the right is the word 'modify'. Clicking that will show you that group's permission settings. There should be two options for Shoutbox settings.

LoriMomof9

Thank you so much for walking me thru this - I sure was looking for it to be somewhere different... LOL

But wow the possibilities this could be used for....  :)

Steve

Grammy

I'm sorry I'm doing the dense thing today, but I was wondering if I could remove "SMFPacks Shoutbox" from the Shoutbox's catbg by paying a fee?  I'd really like to have that customized to something that was unique to my forum and I'm happy to pay for the privilege to be allowed to edit it.  I just haven't been able to find out how to go about that.  Is it an option?

Thanks.   :)

br360

You can already change the name of the shoutbox in the shoutbox settings in your admin panel. Free of charge. ;)

Grammy

Quote from: br360 on July 11, 2016, 07:49:44 PM
You can already change the name of the shoutbox in the shoutbox settings in your admin panel. Free of charge. ;)

Ah, you made my day!   :D

manu3d

Minor issue: my wife just tested a Shoutbox I setup on our community website and she found that clicking on the whisper icon beside my name doesn't do anything. Which is strange, as I am using the same browser and I have no problem with that little icon, it immediately produce the expected @user string.

Anything we might be doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Manu

labspirt

does not send messages

smf 2.0.11
SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.0.5

youtube.com/watch?v=2jeCm9SGfVk&feature

Please help!!!

lemonhead57

I have changed the shoutbox size and positioning in the CSS by doing the following:

#shoutbox {width:50%;margin: 0 0 0 50%;}

so it's 50% size, how would one put something to the side of this shoutbox now?

I tried putting an echo test message above where shoutbox get's called but it's not putting it to the side of the half sized shoutbox now.

Any ideas?

Yorcsi

Hi!

I really like this shoutbox, but recently I have some problem with it. Since the latest Chrome came out (version: 56), the chatbox isn't scrolling up, when new messages arrive, but only in Chrome, and browsers based on Chrome (like Opera).
I checked the Console and Network tab in the Developer tool, but it says nothing (for me).

Could you help me solve this problem?

Thanks a lot! :)

xapim

not showing on board index on SMF 2.0.13 any ideas how to get it to show i tried to prse it but no luck

br360

Parse it? Are you saying it doesn't show on the main index page or when you are opening boards?

If it is not showing on the main index, are you using a custom theme? If it is not showing when opening boards, you need to go into the shoutbox section in your admin panel and add boardindex into the box that says Pages Where shoutbox will be printed

xapim

its not showing anywhere in the forum only if i go through the link index.php?action=shoutbox im using Theme Black Ops by Akyhne but i tried in the default its the same nothing on the main index neither on opening boards the settings for the boardindex are on in the pages where shoutbox will be printed i also tried sa chat no luck nothing shows im not getting any luck getting anny kind of chat between members working on this forum also tried in anoher forum i have in the same host same issue

Program
Version
Apache:
CentOS:
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)
cPanel:
56.0 (build 43)
Curl:
MySQL
5.5.51-38.2
phpMyAdmin
Python:
Perl:
PHP:
ionCube Loader:
Zend Optimizer:
Ruby:
Rails:
OpenSSL:
1.0.1e-fips

bynw

I've installed a new theme. What's the easiest way to get the shoutbox to display in the new theme?

Steve

Uninstall the mod then re-install it?

br360

Make sure to click "Install in Other Themes" as well when you do re-install ;)

Advertisement: