News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akateisakate

JCS

Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 08:55:17 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response!

http://katyperryforum.com
And I did find it at http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?action=shoutbox but no dice.

:)

add this lines where you want to show the mod

# Hack's Park ||

template_HP_shoutBoxMain();
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

akateisakate

Quote from: JCS on October 22, 2008, 09:03:27 PM
Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 08:55:17 PM
Thanks so much for the quick response!

http://katyperryforum.com
And I did find it at http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?action=shoutbox but no dice.

:)

add this lines where you want to show the mod

# Hack's Park ||

template_HP_shoutBoxMain();

Thanks, but due to my crappy PHP coding skills, I keep getting parse errors wherever I place it. I looked at the manual edit files and I just stink. Any advice?

alex30

Does anyone know how to place this shoutbox on the top of stats?

Thanks you.

Cal O'Shaw

Asking my question another way:

1) Can I set up the shoutbox to be visible ONLY to Admins and Global Moderators to use when we need to communicate and coordinate in real time?

2) Can the shoutbox be made invisible and unusable by everyone else (guests and members)?

Grazie

Cal

brtz

Quote from: JCS on October 22, 2008, 08:48:02 PM
actually, as you can see, the shoutbox doesn't have so much features, it was meant to be that... a shotubox, i understand what you are trying to say..., what do you think about a modification, that allow you to put a "light" version of the shoutbox??

That would be very nice JCS :)

Do u have any idea if it's possible to change it into a horizontal box, placed on the left side of the infocenter? I had something like that with an old YaBB forum and it was great. (see screenshot :))

JCS

Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 09:40:40 PMThanks, but due to my crappy PHP coding skills, I keep getting parse errors wherever I place it. I looked at the manual edit files and I just stink. Any advice?

PM sent

Quote from: alex30 on October 22, 2008, 10:57:05 PMDoes anyone know how to place this shoutbox on the top of stats?

Thanks you.

abobe the stats is on the sats page???, or abobe the info center on the index of the forum??

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on October 22, 2008, 11:44:54 PMAsking my question another way:

1) Can I set up the shoutbox to be visible ONLY to Admins and Global Moderators to use when we need to communicate and coordinate in real time?

2) Can the shoutbox be made invisible and unusable by everyone else (guests and members)?

Grazie

Cal

unfortunately, there's an issue with the permissions, but that wold change on a newest version that is being prepared

Quote from: brtz on October 23, 2008, 03:55:06 AMThat would be very nice JCS :)

Do u have any idea if it's possible to change it into a horizontal box, placed on the left side of the infocenter? I had something like that with an old YaBB forum and it was great. (see screenshot :))

its possible to do that, it just need some work, give us some time ^^

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Mack450

Still a no go. I put ";forum" in the "Sites where shoutBox will be printed (?action=)" Box

and still its not even showing up on my default skin.
www.atvsector.com

Powered by SMF

JCS

mmm then a manual edit must be done, please send me your index.template.php

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Mack450

Ok here is the index.template.php to the theme I use. This is not the default theme. Would you like the default theme index template also? It is not working on the default theme either.
www.atvsector.com

Powered by SMF

alex30

Just tell me please where to replace code of shoutbox so it appears over index stats on the bottom.

brtz

Quote from: JCS on October 23, 2008, 08:08:44 AM

its possible to do that, it just need some work, give us some time ^^

great news, really looking forward to it! Let me know if u need someone to test it :)

Thanks!

akateisakate

Quote from: JCS on October 23, 2008, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: akateisakate on October 22, 2008, 09:40:40 PMThanks, but due to my crappy PHP coding skills, I keep getting parse errors wherever I place it. I looked at the manual edit files and I just stink. Any advice?

PM sent

I didn't get a PM...

ryozo

JCS, mine is already working.
i setup a frontpage, so it became the homepage.
and the forum page can now be invoke using the action=forum.
so adding forum in the HP's setting will force it to show in the forum page. :D

thanks thanks!

JCS

Quote from: Mack450 on October 23, 2008, 09:17:29 AMOk here is the index.template.php to the theme I use. This is not the default theme. Would you like the default theme index template also? It is not working on the default theme either.

don't know if this is what are you looking for :P, if you want it to be displayed in other part of the site, just tell me

Quote from: brtz on October 23, 2008, 09:48:44 AMgreat news, really looking forward to it! Let me know if u need someone to test it :)

Thanks!

ill let you know, thanks for your offer, and your suggestion

Quote from: akateisakate on October 23, 2008, 11:29:00 AMI didn't get a PM...

Solved

Quote from: ryozo on October 23, 2008, 11:44:33 AMJCS, mine is already working.
i setup a frontpage, so it became the homepage.
and the forum page can now be invoke using the action=forum.
so adding forum in the HP's setting will force it to show in the forum page. :D

thanks thanks!

glad it works

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Mack450

Hey it works! Thanks man! Also. Is there a way to put it on every page?

Also, is there a way to disable the delay when you refresh the page and see the shoutbox?
www.atvsector.com