News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Has anyone managed to crack the IE9 problem yet? ...thought I'd ask as it been a couple weeks since I did last.

Thanks for any help.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

flooo

Thanks for your answer, but the point is, that even a block would not work, as the Shoutbox decides based on the action that you can define in the settings wether to show or not to show.
Anyway I would like to have the shoutbox everywhere: So if anybody knows how to deactive the test on the action I would appreciate.

Thanks for further tips
Florian

Ozzie

i don,t know how to deactivate it ...but if you add the following in settings ( Pages where Shoutbox will be printed ) it will show almost everywhere...

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who
arcade

you may want to remove 1 or 2 as i got a arcade hence thats there

2000+ games available to download

ae9803

Hello,
Does anyone have any problems with this using alot of CPU, for some reason server is doing alot of executions and alot of "cpu time"?

Here are Top ten accessed URLs:

20693 GET /Themes/default/images/fbslidelikebox.png HTTP/1.1
4434 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=20 HTTP/1.1
1200 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=21 HTTP/1.1
672 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=101 HTTP/1.1
657 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=27 HTTP/1.1
567 GET /Themes/Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2/css/topnav_bg.gif HTTP/1.1
344 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=22 HTTP/1.1
339 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=0;restart HTTP/1.1
323 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=28 HTTP/1.1
292 GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=23 HTTP/1.1

ae9803

flooo

Thanks for that, but I put all the actions available and it works everywhere except on the Tinyportal frontpage, as it got no action ...

I think that is the piece of code of interest (in subs-shoutbox.php), but if I comment out this part the admin of shoutbox does not work anymore:

if ($action !== null)
{
$show = Shoutbox_Settings('showActions');
    if (!in_array(strtolower($action), explode(',', $show)))
  return $action;
}

Quote from: Ozzie on March 29, 2012, 12:09:19 PM
i don,t know how to deactivate it ...but if you add the following in settings ( Pages where Shoutbox will be printed ) it will show almost everywhere...

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who
arcade

you may want to remove 1 or 2 as i got a arcade hence thats there

flooo

ok, I found out how to put it on the frontpage  - I put into the action list TPortal and nothing happend.
What you have to put instead is tportal - the whole ting is case sensitve.

Greetings
Florian

D.Joe

My webhost service provider said that this: mysite.com GET /index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=36 HTTP/1.0 consumes much script or something like that, and if i dont remove it, they will suspend my web account. What should I do?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave J

For those of you that are having the IE9 issues please look at this post here

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=455542.msg3254291#msg3254291

I have done the edits as Emanuele has suggested and everything works as it should do now without the need for the 'Compatability Mode'

Thanks to Emanuele
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Adrek

How to add support for https URLs?
I guess it have to do something with this part of code:

// find links to convert
if (strstr($msg, 'http://'))
{
$links = array();
foreach (explode(' ', $msg) as $w)
if (substr($w, 0, 7) == 'http://' && $smcFunc['strlen']($w) > 7)
$links[] = '<a href="' . $w . '" target="_blank">' . ($smcFunc['strlen']($w) > $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] ? substr($w, 0, $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] - 8) . '...' . substr($w, -8) : $w) . '</a>';
else
$links[] = $w;
$msg = implode(' ', $links);
}
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

[Crash_Override]

@phantom here is how to fix the SSL linking issue, it's not the best or the fastest method by any means but it works.

NOTE!!! This code appears twice in shoutbox.php and you need to edit it in both places:

find:
// find links to convert
if (strstr($msg, 'http://'))
{
$links = array();
if (substr($w, 0, 7) == 'http://' && $smcFunc['strlen']($w) > 7)
$links[] = '<a href="' . $w . '" target="_blank">' . ($smcFunc['strlen']($w) > $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] ? substr($w, 0, $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] - 8) . '...' . substr($w, -8) : $w) . '</a>';
else
$links[] = $w;
}

Add After:

// find SSL links to convert
if (strstr($msg, 'https://'))
{
$links = array();
if (substr($w, 0, 8) == 'https://' && $smcFunc['strlen']($w) > 8)
$links[] = '<a href="' . $w . '" target="_blank">' . ($smcFunc['strlen']($w) > $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] ? substr($w, 0, $shoutbox['maxLinkLenght'] - 9) . '...' . substr($w, -9) : $w) . '</a>';
else
$links[] = $w;
}

Adrek

Thanks, but this doesn't work :|

edit:

and it works...

Don't know why it didn't work earlier  :o

Thank you :)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

remingtone

Quote from: mikedijital on January 19, 2012, 03:20:16 PM
I dont know if anyone uses ADK Portal but here is code for a custom Block that uses this shoutbox

Go to admin / adk portal / blocks / add a block

Choose php block.    <?php will already be there, delete it  and past this exactly

<?php 
call_user_func
(Shoutbox_Load);
if (
function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main'); ?>

nice, but that will be very nice for the log errors (sorry for my english) ;)

call_user_func('Shoutbox_Load');

AnilKumar123

I've added the shoutbox to my custom theme, however it prints at the bottom of the forum, how to I make it appear at the top?

E.G.

[Crash_Override]

@AnilKumar123

in your forums theme folder i.e. (./Forum/Themes/{custom theme name}) open the index.template.php file

find this bit of code

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();

and add this code directly after it:

//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

end result should be:

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();
//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

also search the index.template.php file for the other instance of the shoutbox function and delete that line and it should fix the problem

AnilKumar123

The problem I'm having is that my shoutbox show's up on my theme, but only for the administrator. Any guests, or members of any other membergroup cant see the shoutbox :S whereas any administrator can, any ideas?

Ozzie

you need to go into admin and set permissions for each membergroup.  admin/permissions/modify and select the options there

2000+ games available to download

Nikz11

Hi is there a way to make the Date and time float to the right of the page or remove the date and time completely?

Also I set the time to update the shoutbox to 0.1 so it acts like a chatbox although the shoutbox keeps to be repeating the beep sound Anyone know how to fix this so maybe it only beeps when a new message appears?

Advertisement: