News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

You have to go into permissions and allow those groups the ability to view the shoutbox.

JayMayer

Thanks for that br360, but just a quick question: how do I get to the permissions settings?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Click on your Admin link and then scroll down and click Permissions. There you will see the various membergroups. To the right, click on the modify link, and then find the Shoutbox and the Shoutbox Moderation Panel (for groups you would want to moderate the shoutbox)

The permissions have to be set for each additional membergroup you have set up besides the default ones.

margarett

You should probably understand better how SMF permissions system works. Not only for this case ;)

Permissions
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

For cases like this, I never understood why mod authors never also put the permissions in the mod's own configuration page as well (it'd have to be 'as well' rather than 'instead of' but there's serious value to logical grouping)

OzzyMozzy

I have just installed this mod onto a friends forum, we cant change the default text color. The option is there in the admin section but it wont change.

What file would i find the correct code in to manually change it?

Steve

I haven't looked for the file yet but just so you know, if you don't already, the default colors are for the box being typed in, not the box displaying the shouts.
DO NOT pm me for support!

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: Steve on August 07, 2014, 08:58:13 AM
I haven't looked for the file yet but just so you know, if you don't already, the default colors are for the box being typed in, not the box displaying the shouts.

Ok but if you set the default color to black for the box you type in, shouldn't the text be black in the box it's displayed in?

The background of the shout box is grey and the text by default is an off white, which is actually very hard to see. I want to change the default color to black. At the moment you have to change it using the color options on the shoutbox everytime you log in, it gets annoying.

Steve

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on August 07, 2014, 05:33:54 PMOk but if you set the default color to black for the box you type in, shouldn't the text be black in the box it's displayed in?

You would think so, eh? Don't know why it isn't.

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on August 07, 2014, 05:33:54 PMThe background of the shout box is grey and the text by default is an off white, which is actually very hard to see. I want to change the default color to black. At the moment you have to change it using the color options on the shoutbox everytime you log in, it gets annoying.

I just realized, the background and text colors of the shoutbox itself are dependent on the theme you're using.

OzzyMozzy

Ah ok!! so can i change the color of the shoutbox text without changing the color of anything else?

If so what file and what do i look for?

Steve

That is probably beyond my expertise without a lot of experimenting so hopefully one of the support group wizards will help you out here. :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Look for "forum/{your theme}/shoutbox.js
At string 40 put this code as color code: #000000
If it doesn't work there is something wrong with the theme or the shoutbox is not fully compatible with your theme. (it happens, often, especially if your theme has some javascript files running)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

That doesn't change it and I suspect it's because it's still dependent on the theme's colors. And I tried it with SMF's default theme so it has to be compatible.

Ninja ZX-10RR

If the mod uses some css by the default theme then it's not possible to change it without rewriting a big part of the mod itself IMO...
I just tested it and well it does change the color but only while you type the message, when you send it it becomes again black, lol. Not a good choice, should have used the same css style IMHO.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Branko.

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on August 07, 2014, 08:19:59 PM
Ah ok!! so can i change the color of the shoutbox text without changing the color of anything else?

If so what file and what do i look for?

Did you mean this text?
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I think so but without picking it manually all the times. IMO it's something related to the colorpicker.js of this mod...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 07, 2014, 10:37:08 PM
Look for "forum/{your theme}/shoutbox.js
At string 40 put this code as color code: #000000
If it doesn't work there is something wrong with the theme or the shoutbox is not fully compatible with your theme. (it happens, often, especially if your theme has some javascript files running)

Is this what you mean? if so it's already set to #000000

Shoutbox.feature = new Object;
Shoutbox.feature.nosound = Shoutbox.feature.b = Shoutbox.feature.i = Shoutbox.feature.u = 0;
Shoutbox.feature.default_color = '#000000'; // setting
Shoutbox.feature.default_bgcolor = '#ffffff'; // setting
Shoutbox.feature.color = ''; // setting
Shoutbox.feature.bgcolor = ''; // setting
Shoutbox.feature.face = '';
Shoutbox.hide = false;
function Shoutbox_GetFeatures()

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yes I meant that and there was also another message by another guy but it has been deleted for some reason O.o
It was saying some useful informations about the colors...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

janw

How can I move the expand / collapse (show / hide) button the the left side of the shoutbox (left of "SMFPacks Shoutbox"), just as it is with the default theme?

Advertisement: