News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickdodd25

Anyone ever have a weird issue with the buttons on the right side of the text box where they overflow to the right of the shoutbox? I attached a screen shot of it...

Also only occurs when using chrome. I'm thinking it has something to do with the Reseller theme using bootstrap because i don't have this issue on other themes.

Any Suggestions on what to do on how to fix it?

Kindred

Use a different theme or reformat the shout box to use the bootstrap theme stuff... Because bootstrap is an absolute pita...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

acejays98

br360

acejays98

br360

Go back to page one of this thread, and you'll see a link for it.

Bob La Londe

I've been trying this mod off and on for a couple days. 

First thing is that only I see the shoutbox at the top of the page.  Users do not see it. 

The next thing is if I click the popup, and then close it and go back to the page I can't send messages or see activity. 

How do I set the shoutbox to show on more pages of the forums (maybe every page or atleast every sub forum index)?

Last I guess would be to have an option to only open the shout box in a new tab/window.  Is there a way to do that or a link I could use to manually do that? 

br360

To have your users see the shoutox, you have to go into permissions. Admin>>Permissions>> then click the modify link to the right of each member group you have. From there, just check the areas in the shoutbox area.

Not sure, but I think the popup causes a lag of some kind sometimes. When you click out of it, try doing a refresh and see if that helps any.

To have shoutbox appear in more areas, go into the shoutbox configuration section in your admin panel and look for "Pages where Shoutbox will be printed"

Here is a pretty big list you can add that will show it in just every action- (copy and paste below)

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who

Hersfeld

Quote from: Hersfeld on September 01, 2014, 09:41:00 AM
Is there any way to drag the shoutbox from the top of the boards to the bottom of the boards?

Any suggestions how to change the positions?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Unless you can code it yourself or you buy the premium and *MAYBE* receive an answer from the auithor... No. :(
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Branko.

Quote from: Hersfeld on September 08, 2014, 07:38:16 AM
Quote from: Hersfeld on September 01, 2014, 09:41:00 AM
Is there any way to drag the shoutbox from the top of the boards to the bottom of the boards?

Any suggestions how to change the positions?

1. Themes\default\index.template.php
Find and remove
//SMFPacks Shoutbox -->
if (function_exists('template_shoutbox')) template_shoutbox('main');
// <-- SMFPacks Shoutbox

Copy this code to use in the next step
2. Themes\default\BoardIndex.template.php
Find and add before code
// Show statistical style information...
If you wanna insert shoutbox before Forum Stats

Find and add before
// "Users online" - in order of activity.
If you wanna insert shoutbox before Users Online

Find and add before
// Info center collapse object.
If you wanna insert shoutbox at the end
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Hersfeld

Thanks a lot. It works nearly fine, but the shoutbox isn't before the Info-Center, it is inside of the Info-Center.
I took version #1 an inserted the code before

[nofollow]

Bob La Londe

If anybody is interested the author does seem to be fairly responsive over on his forum.  Atleast to pro version customers. 

Ninja ZX-10RR

We know already and he has been already argued about it if you scroll this thread.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Steve

Quote from: Nibogo on September 10, 2014, 10:58:11 PM... next time please re-think before complaining.

I didn't see it as complaining myself. Understated maybe, sure. But that's just me. :)

I could be wrong of course ... I was once ... :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Bob La Londe on September 10, 2014, 08:54:13 PM
If anybody is interested the author does seem to be fairly responsive over on his forum.  Atleast to pro version customers. 
Nibogo... Actually this is a compliment IMO... I read it and then just to be sure I put that in Google translate to my own language and it seems a compliment, not a complaint...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Hersfeld

Quote from: Hersfeld on September 09, 2014, 01:52:34 PM
Thanks a lot. It works nearly fine, but the shoutbox isn't before the Info-Center, it is inside of the Info-Center.
I took version #1 an inserted the code before

[nofollow]

It might been lost due to the discussion.

Gwenwyfar

I installed this mod and I'm having issues with the refresh. When there is a single page of it open, it works just fine. When there is more than one (even if it is another user, in another computer), any messages sent do not show, and the clock image stays stuck. The messages will only appear on refreshing the entire page.

I saw someone else having the same problem, but he didn't post about any solution if he ever found one.

My smf version is 2.0.8. Could it be something related? The other person said the chatbox was working fine on 2.0.6.

Also, this is just a minor issue, but there is a bug while saving "states" through the chatbox (such as minimize/maximize/color/bold/etc). If you change it through main page, it will often not save when you refresh, but if you change it when in a forum section, it works fine.

And a question: Is moving the copyright thing to the footer of the page fine, or it also counts as "removing" it from the chatbox? (Edit: I guess the author will probably not answer to this, I'll stick to making it tiny and with a hard to see color, can't say I removed it, its there, just small :P)

Quote from: JoeBrodsky on June 25, 2014, 02:31:20 PM
Thanks so much guys, appreciate it! Just starting out so I'm learning how everything is done lol.  I have one more question.

Is there a way to get the smileys to pop out horizontally instead of vertically?  We have something like 50 smileys and its hard to find the one you would want to use vertically
Yes, I have that on mine, however I had to heavily edit it. It uses tables, and those cause problems with the images. Removing the "footer" area tables should do the trick. Then just use css to remove the "br" tags on the images and float them to the left, then give your emote div a bigger size. I can try to give you my files if you want to copy the changes.

Here's how mine is:

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/5883/XHfUaK.png

QuoteDoes anyone know how to fix the smileys being too big for the shoutbox? I want the smileys to be the same height as the letters so my shoutbox doesn't look weird.

I uploaded a picture to explain.
Just use css to make all the images the same height? Though some could look strange depending on their original size. Don't set height and width though, just height, so the width is proportional.

Edit:
I read a couple of the last pages of the topic, starting from Ninja having a similar issue, and seriously? If the creator wants my opinion, he should be trying to get people to support him by being nice, not by refusing help like that and asking for money beforehand. Geez.

Anyone has suggestions for a chat that works like this in case the above problem can't be solved? (honestly I never though this would be an issue, my forum is closed and I'm testing by myself, I did not notice the issue until I had finished most of my modifications, removing all tables and so on), but seeing the replies here, if that can't be solved this makes the shoutbox useless for my forum, and there is still so much to be modified and adjusted for me, it wouldn't be worth paying, which even then the creator is not very willing to support you if the previous posts are anything to go by. I tested neoneo, but it is way too simple and I don't want some of its features (impersonate stuff), ajaxchat didn't want to install, apparently not supported. There was also a third which I can't recall, problems on install too.

I saw many people from other mods having the same refresh issue though, so it doesn't seem closely related to this mod.

Edit2: This is not a modification/theme issue. On a local test install, just everything at default, only this mod installed, the same problem happens, though not as badly. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: