News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Forum » Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions » Shoutbox » View Shoutbox :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

littleangel

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 25, 2014, 04:04:44 AM
Forum » Administration Center » Permissions » General Permissions » Shoutbox » View Shoutbox :)

ok, I will see, but, we can see the shoutbox with no problems, but we can't see the messages...

Ninja ZX-10RR

It could be a server permission issue then... Or either CHMOD permissions of your SMF install...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

vkash13

hi, from the screenshot attached, i was wondering how i can create more of a gap/more distance between the shoutbox buttons and the forum information "members, posts, topics?"

they are very close together. in fact, when i open my forum up on my phone, they overlap. thanks in advance for your help

Au{R}oN

Hello, i'm interested in SMF Shoutbox PRO, but i'm searching a "Quote Message" function. Someone know if it's present in the PRO version?

br360

The quote function does not work in the Pro version.

Nibogo

Quote from: Au{R}oN on November 07, 2014, 04:26:53 PM
Hello, i'm interested in SMF Shoutbox PRO, but i'm searching a "Quote Message" function. Someone know if it's present in the PRO version?

I have never implemented any quote message, you could mention the person for it, I think that quoting would make messages too big for a shoutbox.

Sollys

after i uninstall the shoutbox i got this error ******ed up my forum , can someone help me?

Table 'b7_15428245_sm580.smf_shoutbox_settings' doesn't exist
File : Subs-Shoutbox.php
Line: 147

Kindred

Well, it would appear that - when you uninstalled - you ignored the errors generated by the system and did the uninstall anyway.

Now you are going to have to manually re-do the uninstallation to remove the code that was left behind.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sollys

Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2014, 06:42:32 AM
Well, it would appear that - when you uninstalled - you ignored the errors generated by the system and did the uninstall anyway.

Now you are going to have to manually re-do the uninstallation to remove the code that was left behind.

can you please , please... explain to me how can i do that step by step in 1 simple reply? please.

margarett

Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2014, 04:51:05 AM
That means that the MOD wasn't properly uninstalled. The database changes were reverted but (some) code changes weren't. You need to
1) Try this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0
2) Follow manual installation instructions backwards in order to undo any possible leftovers Manual Installation of Mods
3) If everything fails, contact the MOD author for support. If you got the MOD from our modsite, it has a dedicated support topic that you should use.

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sollys

Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2014, 08:45:23 AM
Quote from: margarett on November 12, 2014, 04:51:05 AM
That means that the MOD wasn't properly uninstalled. The database changes were reverted but (some) code changes weren't. You need to
1) Try this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0
2) Follow manual installation instructions backwards in order to undo any possible leftovers Manual Installation of Mods
3) If everything fails, contact the MOD author for support. If you got the MOD from our modsite, it has a dedicated support topic that you should use.

that didn't help me at all , i need like steps how to do uninstall it...

Kindred

margarett gave them to you...   see his post - option 2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sollys

Quote from: Kindred on November 12, 2014, 08:58:17 AM
margarett gave them to you...   see his post - option 2

that's how to install a mod , not remove one.

margarett

Follow the instructions backwards. I said that ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sollys

it didn't help me at all..... please give me the steps in a post i really can't do anything...
the error again is :

Table 'b7_15428245_sm580.smf_shoutbox_settings' doesn't exist
File : Subs-Shoutbox.php
Line: 147

i tried to create a table like this :

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_tp_settings` (
  `id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` text NOT NULL,
  `value` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
)

but didn't work so i removed it , still can't figure out how , please....

margarett

If you uninstalled the MOD (meaning that you don't want to use it anymore), find and delete the file Subs-Shoutbox.php
You will probably get another error later, but we'll fix that later.

Sollys

Quote from: margarett on November 13, 2014, 05:28:54 AM
If you uninstalled the MOD (meaning that you don't want to use it anymore), find and delete the file Subs-Shoutbox.php
You will probably get another error later, but we'll fix that later.

when i delete the subs-shoutbox.php , my forum gives me a white page it's like nothing there , not even any error.

anyone can help?!

margarett

Please don't PM me for support, I'll follow your issue here.

Now you need to follow the edits here, but in reverse order.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;attach=230274;smf_version=2.0.9;mod=1295
Where it says "add" you delete, where it says "replace", you reverse to put the original text back.

If you can't do this by yourself, then you should either loose all your MODs and themes by loading fresh files --> http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files
Or you need to ask someone to do it yourself.

Also, I told you to check this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=400356.0
SMF performs a backup of the important files every time you install a MOD. If this was the last MOD you installed, SMF has a backup for you!
But you need to read and try to understand... Your reply is always like "please give me", "didn't work", "I need steps"...

Sollys

omg finaly , thank you very much i'm sorry for i annoyed you all .

btw, how to make permission that everyone can see the shoutbox cuz only administrators can.

Advertisement: