[BETA] Enhanced Custom Help Pages 1.0 Beta 1 Build 0.8.2a (Now whit RC1 support)

Started by Marcus Forsberg, October 26, 2008, 11:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Marcus Forsberg

Update
1. The SMF 1.1.x version for this mod is located at the bottom of the first post of this topic. Do not use the ECHP 1.0 Beta 1 Build 0.7d.zip package for 1.1.x.
2. Be aware that the 1.1.x version doesn't have a proper admin panel. Instead, all settings are gathered in one big page.
3. You might want to know that the 1.1.x version never where tested.

Ken.

Tried it on my SMF 1.1.7 and the test failed on:
./Sources/Help.php
./Themes/default/Help.template.php

I tried uninstalling TinyPortal to see if that would help but it gave the same result.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Marcus Forsberg

Is it the same fiels that you attached eriler today?
If so, replace them whit the fiels from the default SMF

Ken.

Quote from: Nascar on December 19, 2008, 05:04:23 PM
Is it the same fiels that you attached eriler today?
If so, replace them whit the fiels from the default SMF

Tried it with fresh files and tried it with and without TinyPortal being installed and it still gives the same result... haven't tried to do a manual install yet.

Ken.

Finally got it to install to my SMF 1.1.7 by doing a manual install... on my other attempt one of the file edits must have been missed.

At this point, with the current version it looks as if the only way to install is to do it manually if TinyPortal is to be used as well.
http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/tptest2/index.php?action=help

TheDel

Oh Im so doing a happy dance today
The TP tab would be the one thing I would like to so go. I LOVE TP and the tab explains the functions but at least the members I have had experience with dont know what TP is - its just a website to them. But then again, the members on my site go into a panic and and think its difficult to post pictures even though there is an image there and its there photobucket account that is causing it.

Marcus Forsberg

You can try this package for TP and SMF 1.1.x.
It's untested, but if the regular none-TP 1.1.x package works, this one will to.

Ken.

Quote from: Nascar on December 20, 2008, 03:58:50 AM
It's untested, but if the regular none-TP 1.1.x package works, this one will to.

That works. :)

Did an uninstall of the previous version and installed this new .v through the package manager with no problems at all.
The TinyPortal help pages link shows up in the navigation and works as expected.

A couple of notes:
When in the TP help pages the SMF tab shows along with the TP tab... if you click on the SMF tab it redirects to the ECHP 'main' page.
About three pages of errors show up in the error log, but those should likely be disregarded until you release a version with an admin panel.

Works good as is, but the 2.0 style admin panel will be nice to have. ;)

Marcus Forsberg

Making the TP help pages look liek the ECHP's would require to rewrite the TP helppages, which is not really want I itend to do whit this mod.

Are all errors the same? Which one?

Ken.

The TP pages are fine as is, I only mentioned that so that you would be aware.

Here are several entries from the first page of the error files, the first two don't appear (to me) to be related but I left them in anyway:
Quote../tptest2/index.php?action=viewErrorLog;desc
8: Undefined index: 3
File: /home/kenkayjm/public_html/tptest2/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 474

../tptest2/index.php?action=admin

../tptest2/index.php?action=tpmod;sa=help
File: /home/kenkayjm/public_html/tptest2/Themes/default/languages/TPShout.english.php (tp_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 36

../tptest2/index.php?action=tpmod;sa=help

../tptest2/index.php?action=help
8: Undefined index: index
File: /home/kenkayjm/public_html/tptest2/Sources/Help.php
Line: 80

../tptest2/index.php?action=help
8: Use of undefined constant permissiongroup_helppage - assumed 'permissiongroup_helppage'
File: /home/kenkayjm/public_html/tptest2/Themes/default/Help.template.php (eval?)
Line: 104

HR

Quote from: Nascar on December 20, 2008, 03:58:50 AM

Tried that.. error from PM on Help, Help.template & ModSettings

Can get by with manual edits to Help & ModSettings but my template looks nothing like what your alterations propose

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

Marcus Forsberg

Hello, HR!

First, make sure you did the manual edits of the two other files 100% correct, and after that use this file:

Marcus Forsberg

Upcoming
Menurewrite
o Make the current page marked
o Cleaner code
New admin options:
o Choose color of current page in the menu
o Choose the titles of the default SMF helppages
Rewrite 1.1.x version from scratch:
o New adminpanel will finally be available
o Will be fully tested

Ken.

Sounds great Nascar.  ;D

One note for those of us that have TinyPortal and SMF 1.1.7 installed:
Found that in my case it worked best to replace 'Help.php' and 'Help.Template.php' with fresh SMF default copies of those two files before installing the currently available versions of ECHP.

Marcus Forsberg

Probably me making something wrong in the installation package.
I didn't use TP when I made it, and as I said it wasn't tested.

Ken.

Me not into coding so this may be wrong, but it sounds like your install routine needs to overwrite those two files entirely so as to remove all of the TinyPortal entries in the two.

Marcus Forsberg

No ,I don't think so.
I just have to take a look at some fresh TP help files and adjust my installpackage to those.

Anyway, I just finished 1.0 Beta 1 Build 0.8 and I'm ready to release it after I've tested the 1.1.x version.
Then I have to fix the TP version to, of course.

Marcus Forsberg

Update
1.0 Beta 1 Build 0.8h

Changelog
o Rewrote the menu:
  o Made the current page marked
  o Cleaner code
o New admin options:
o Choose color of current page in the menu
o Choose the titles of the default SMF helppages
o Rewrote 1.1.x version from scratch:
o New adminpanel finally available
o Now fully tested
o Rewrote the blocks:
  o Made code cleaner in the tempalte file, now using one pease of code for all blocks instead of one for each block.
  o Removed the <b> making the blockcontent bold and awful.
o Edited a few lines in the adminpanel to make the smf default pages work whit the new way of displaying the menu.
  o Updated some of the stringnames in the language file to make the texts in this area display.
o Removed the input boxes for blocks that where displayed twice under the inputs for pages. (Left since the version whit all inputs on the same page)

Ken.

ECHP 1.0 Beta 1 Build 0.8h (1.1.x and TinyPortal).zip

On this one the install fails as follows:
With TinyPortal installed the file test fails for Help.php and Help.Template.php
With TP uninstalled it fails on Help.Template.php

On a manual install it fails to find this part in the code of the Help.Template.php file:
                <operation>
            <search position="replace"><![CDATA[function template_manual_search()]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[function template_helppage_search()]]></add>
                    </operation>

Advertisement: