News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

First Post on Every Page [Now SMF 2.0.1 compatible]

Started by live627, October 31, 2008, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nram

How I can change/add, for that can be showed to everywhere?

Hristo

Admin > Forum > Posts and Topics > check "Enable the option to show
the first post on every page"

then go to:
Administration Center » Themes and Layout » Member Options > Configure guest and new user options for this theme > check "Show first post on every page"

members can uncheck/check it from their profiles

Arientar

This mod doesn't work on SMF 2.0.7. Do you know any method to repair it?

Kimmie

Kimmie

Well I have posted here, as well as sent the mod auth a pm. The mod auth was online when I sent the pm and has been on at least once since then. Can I at least get a response please?  Ignoring someone who needs help with your mod is just rude.  Especially when you are supposed to be a "developer" with SMF.

luuuciano

Maybe he is dead, in hollidays, on a trip to mars, searching a lost city in the amazon, who knows

BTW, I was using it on a 2.0.8... so, it should work
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Arantor

Quote from: Kimmie on October 01, 2014, 12:34:35 PM
Well I have posted here, as well as sent the mod auth a pm. The mod auth was online when I sent the pm and has been on at least once since then. Can I at least get a response please?  Ignoring someone who needs help with your mod is just rude.  Especially when you are supposed to be a "developer" with SMF.

So is hounding someone who didn't actually write this mod but took it over to avoid it falling into complete obscurity but spends more of their free time working on SMF core rather than mods so people like you don't have to pay for something like vBulletin.

But sure, since your needs are more important than his, it's cool to get annoyed with him, right? I mean, it's not like he has things to do, or a real life to have or anything...

Kindred

Kimmie,

Why don't you try installing it on 2.0.8 and SEE for yourself if it works?  If it doesn't THEN, you can come back and ask questions?

Even aside from hounding someone (which is rude), expecting an immediate answer to a question which you can easily test for yourself is actually fairly rude as well...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kimmie

Quote from: Kindred on October 01, 2014, 02:33:20 PM
Kimmie,

Why don't you try installing it on 2.0.8 and SEE for yourself if it works?  If it doesn't THEN, you can come back and ask questions?

Even aside from hounding someone (which is rude), expecting an immediate answer to a question which you can easily test for yourself is actually fairly rude as well...

Because someone already posted that it doesn't work on 2.0.7 which tells me it won't work on .0.8 either.

I didn't expect an immediate answer, I posted way back on the 25th.  When I got no answer and I saw they were online, I pmd them. All they had to do was come back and say they are no longer updating this mod. Pretty simple.

Arantor

So next time you ask a question and don't provide enough information, it's OK for us to hound you about it too? Good to know.

Honestly, though, this is the sort of attitude that put me off writing mods for years.

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2014, 01:52:40 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on October 01, 2014, 12:34:35 PM

So is hounding someone who didn't actually write this mod but took it over to avoid it falling into complete obscurity but spends more of their free time working on SMF core rather than mods so people like you don't have to pay for something like vBulletin.

But sure, since your needs are more important than his, it's cool to get annoyed with him, right? I mean, it's not like he has things to do, or a real life to have or anything...

Wow seriously? Why would I have to pay for VBulletin just because someone doesn't update their mod? It's not like he agreed to take over this mod or anything. If one does not have the time to invest, one should not take them over. OR, at the very least, let others know you are no longer updating it instead of ignoring both of us.  This isn't rocket science it is called respect.  I waited almost a week before pming this person. They were online at the time. How long does it take to make a simple post saying you are no longer updating the mod?  lol

Arantor

That's called hyperbole for effect, trying to make a point.

We have witnessed so many people stop making mods over the last 5 years because of so many people being pushy and demanding and hounding them.

I've even been known to have abusive PMs. I've even had *threats* from people demanding I update mods or make them a certain way. What gives people the right to make such demands?

This mod was made available because someone was kind enough to do so. Kindness, not self-entitlement.

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on October 02, 2014, 12:18:39 PM
So next time you ask a question and don't provide enough information, it's OK for us to hound you about it too? Good to know.

Honestly, though, this is the sort of attitude that put me off writing mods for years.

What sort of info is needed for the question "Does this work on 2.0.8?  lol. All I was asking was had anyone tried it yet, and you folks blow it out if proportion.  Again, a simple "Sorry I don't have the time to update this mod anymore" would have sufficed. When you outright ignore people that tends to upset them when the whole thing could have been avoided. If I was hounding them on the same day as I made the post, you would have a leg to stand on with this argument. I didn't, I waited several days. I know what proper forum etiquette is and how it works.

But you know that already because I have talked to you before on here.

Arantor

-sigh- Again I was trying to demonstrate what I see as wrong with this. I'm sorry that I couldn't make you understand what I'm trying to say.

Kimmie

Quote from: Arantor on October 02, 2014, 12:25:28 PM
That's called hyperbole for effect, trying to make a point.

We have witnessed so many people stop making mods over the last 5 years because of so many people being pushy and demanding and hounding them.

I've even been known to have abusive PMs. I've even had *threats* from people demanding I update mods or make them a certain way. What gives people the right to make such demands?

This mod was made available because someone was kind enough to do so. Kindness, not self-entitlement.

"Sorry I do not have the time to work on this mod anymore"

Quote"-sigh- Again I was trying to demonstrate what I see as wrong with this. I'm sorry that I couldn't make you understand what I'm trying to say."

Oh I know what you are trying to say, you are blaming me when this isn't my fault. I get it. You folks stick together. It's ok. While this mod would be a nice addition to my forum, I don't need it THAT bad..lol

Arantor

No, I'm blaming the attitude of entitlement.

And yes, I am standing up for the people who spend their free time to make something for others and only seem to get abuse for it. Because I've been there. I spent months making things for people because it was a nice thing to do - and ended up getting abuse when I decided to take some time for me for a change. From *this* community.

margarett

This discussion gets nowhere so I kindly ask you to stop it. Points of view have been presented, now can we move on? Thank you.

Now, Kimmie:
Quote from: Kimmie on October 02, 2014, 12:16:29 PM
Because someone already posted that it doesn't work on 2.0.7 which tells me it won't work on .0.8 either.
I DID try to install it in 2.0.8 and it installs if you emulate 2.0.2. I got an error after install in Modifications.english.php (easy to fix) but I'm not sure if it was or not related to another MOD as I mess a lot in this test forum :P
It works as you can see attached.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

and, BTW: The person was wrong...   it work just fine on 2.0.7. The individual who posted was one of the MANY who never bothered to read the trillion posts on how to emulate versions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JTVaughn

I'm being totally dense here. I've installed the mod on 2.0.9 (using emulation), ticked the box under the admin posts/topics section, but I can't see anywhere to actually sticky a first post. Where do I actually do this? Where are the options once it's turned on?

luuuciano

Have you added the boards ID numbers to it too?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: