News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

First Post on Every Page [Now SMF 2.0.1 compatible]

Started by live627, October 31, 2008, 10:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTVaughn

Quote from: luuuciano on October 26, 2014, 04:54:36 PM
Have you added the boards ID numbers to it too?

Yeah, I added a "5" (no quotation marks) in the board ID box, and checked in that forum, but couldn't see any difference. Tried both default theme and custom theme.

luuuciano

The posts where you see it has more than 1 page, right?

I would do a mod parse and check if all changes were properly made on smf files...
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

hcfwesker

Quote from: JTVaughn on October 26, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
I'm being totally dense here. I've installed the mod on 2.0.9 (using emulation), ticked the box under the admin posts/topics section, but I can't see anywhere to actually sticky a first post. Where do I actually do this? Where are the options once it's turned on?

It should be automatic, all sticky topics on your forum, will show the first post at the top of every page in the topic.  Unless you're setting them for specific boards, then you'll have to add the boardIDs for each.  Also, not sure which version you're using, there may be a Look & Layout option in your profile to turn it on, as well.

JTVaughn

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 27, 2014, 01:41:35 AM
there may be a Look & Layout option in your profile to turn it on, as well.

That was it, thank you

lakestclair

Any chance this is going to be updated to work on 2.0.9?  I really like this feature when I was running 1.1.19

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kimmie

Quote from: Kindred on October 29, 2014, 06:21:45 AM
I believe it works fine on 2.0.9

No it doesn't work on 2.0.9. Seems some of the mods here chose to delete my posts regarding this.

luuuciano

Quote from: Kimmie on October 31, 2014, 07:41:51 PM
No it doesn't work on 2.0.9. Seems some of the mods here chose to delete my posts regarding this.

So, why you say that? have you installed it? it shows errors previous install? what errors? what happened? etc
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Kindred

seems to work just fine for me on 2.0.9

emulate to 2.0.1
installs without error.
seems to work correctly for me.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Kindred

I negate your confirmation.

I installed on a clean copy of 2.0.9 with no errors at all.

If you are seeing all those errors, it is not the fault of THIS mod, but rather, there is an issue that you have installed OTHER mods which have alreayd modified the target code.

THAT, as in *ALL* cases like it, is not a problem with the mod that is trying to be installed -- and, as in all cases like it, is the responsibility of the admin doing the install to MANUALLY parse and make the changes - because mods that you have alreayd installed prevent the auto-installer from working.

I will repeat once again ---   this mod installs and works just fine on 2.0.9
Слaва
Украинi

luuuciano

LOL... you are trying to install the initial mod, not the fork!

"Based on Modification -> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=235"

"Warning:Before you install this mod,you should uninstall the mode here (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=235
).If you didn't install the other mod before,you can easily install my mod & enjoy it."

It is NOT the same: First Post on Every Page http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1472

You should read more carefully

Kindred

Luuuciano ...  Was that directed at me?

Because this thread it's the support topic for "first post on every page"

The mod that you linked to ... 235... Is for smf v1.1.x so it will never work on 2.0.x...   So, you see,mot be comparing apples to oranges.
Слaва
Украинi

luuuciano

Quote from: Kindred on November 01, 2014, 09:15:13 PM
Luuuciano ...  Was that directed at me?
Because this thread it's the support topic for "first post on every page"
The mod that you linked to ... 235... Is for smf v1.1.x so it will never work on 2.0.x...   So, you see,mot be comparing apples to oranges.

Look at the Bruno36's screenshot bug.png

I was answering his post, sorry for not quote it... my mistake

Bruno36

I just installed the mod First Post on every Page and it works now.
How to activate the default for all members ?
How to display on the second page "Resume of the first post in the topic"
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Kimmie

Quote from: luuuciano on October 31, 2014, 07:58:38 PM
Quote from: Kimmie on October 31, 2014, 07:41:51 PM

So, why you say that? have you installed it? it shows errors previous install? what errors? what happened? etc

Because just as I already said, all my posts were deleted and all that info was in those posts. I wasn't going to post it all again. It won't even parse for 2.0.9

Sorry, but this modification does not appear to be compatible with the selected version.

Burke ♞ Knight

The staff here, will NOT just delete posts from you, unless there's a reason, like rudeness, foul language, etc.
Would you care to have the staff discuss this, and find out just whether or not there were posts?
I'm certain that they can be found and the name of the person who deleted them, would be there.
Also, the reason why they were deleted.

Kimmie

It doesn't really matter at this point. I just installed the mod again, and it doesn't work. Just as we previously stated.

No errors, it just doesn't work.

Burke ♞ Knight

Wait, make up your mind...

Either it does not install, "It won't even parse for 2.0.9" or it installs and just does not work... Can't be both.
And yes, it is very important to know which it is, in order to help.

EDIT:

Did you go to:  Administration Center » Posts and Topics » Post Settings
and check mark:

Enable the option to show
the first post on every page

And this is another option for the mod:

Enable the option only for
sticky topics

And, this:

Boards to First Post on every Page:
As an example 1, 2, 3
For the Boards with ID 1 & 2 & 3

Not sure if have to set that last or not. Try without first, if still not show, then you would have to fill it in with all the board ID's.

Kimmie

Yes, it is both :). It doesn't parse for 2.09 because the mod is not compatible with 2.09 therefore it will not install on 2.09. The site must be emulated back to 2.02. This could be easily rectified by the mod creator. When I revert to 2.02 and install it, it does not work. I have to manually adjust display.php due to a failed test, but it still does not work.. and yes, I know how to manually edit a file for a mod ;)

I have had 2 other people also try and get it to work and they can't get it to either.

Advertisement: