Bakers Dozen Pages

Started by Deprecated, October 31, 2008, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deprecated

Good luck evil-angelist! :)

Rafferty, the horizontal pages menu was based upon that used in SMF's help system, so as to recycle the code rather than inventing new code, although the code is so heavily modified as to be unrecognizable now. It achieves two goals of (1) being similar to existing SMF pages as far as look and feel, and (2) minimizing the amount of labor necessary to add the feature and support the addition. That's why it looks like SMF's Help pages and that's why it would be impractical to change it.

As far as order of pages, it's just top to bottom in configuration panel = page 1 through 13 in menu position. Just cut 'n paste until you get your preferences satisfied, save that. This isn't a feature that I expected to get maintained a lot. In my own forum I got my "INFO" system set up once and I haven't needed to change it since. So what I'm saying is that the mod doesn't have a lot of fancy features like being able to change page ordering, or the WYSIWYG editor either.

The important thing is what site visitors and forum members see, and I think this mod delivers that pretty well, and I hope 13 pages will cover the huge majority of applications as far as being enough pages.

Rafferty

Fair enough, just suggestions, I wasn't being critical, its a great mod, thanks again
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

FireDitto

I tried a couple of times, and got the same results.

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
6.    Extract File    ./Sources/DozenPages.php   
7.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/DozenPages.template.php   
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

evil-angelist

It works beautifully, thankyou very much 10/10 for this mod, and a new confidence in myself now for manual installations. :)

EDIT: How do I get the TAB to highlight INFO ???

kizer

Had to modify my index.template and my ModSettings template simply because they are modded to heck already due to everything else I've done.

Great little mod
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

psynx

hello,

i want this mod installed in my forum. i got error installing it in my dilber mc theme.

there was a test failed in /theme/default/....

Costa

@psynx

You need to edit that mannually, I've installed this mod in Dilber, and it works, see the Attach  ;)

It's working fine in the dilbermc

*I'm starting love Deprecated :P
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

psynx

sorry but i dont know which files i have to edit. perhaps you could tell me? guide me pls? im a complete noob when it comes to coding.

Costa

./Themes/dilbermc/index.template.php
./Themes/dilbermc/languages/Modifications.english.php
Move the included in the package  "DozenPages.template.php" to "./Themes/dilbermc".

;)

Farewell
- Costa
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

Costa

Install the package, and after edit the files from dilbermc

Farewell
- Costa

psynx

i installed the package even though i have test failed on /theme/default/.... i then edit "/Themes/dilbermc/index.template.php" and
"/Themes/dilbermc/languages/Modifications.english.php" and upload the included package "DozenPages.template.php" to "./Themes/dilbermc".. but when i went to my admin>features and options what i see is just white page! i can not access my "features and options" setting anymore. i tried to uninstall the package, and i regain access to my "features and options". and it is weird because i have the 'dozen pages' in my "features and options" eventhough i unistall the package. i tried enabling a page, but when i click the link, just white page. perhaps it is because i uninstall the package. if i install the package back, i can not access to admin>features and options

Costa

Ok, you'll try to edit ALL mannually?
If not, you know how to do it?
If you don't, Attach your files in one post

./Themes/{theme name}/index.template.php./index.php
./Sources/ModSettings.php
./Themes/{theme name}/languages/Modifications.{the language from your forum}.php

Let's try doing it mannually

psynx

alright.

these files are from my dilber mc theme. only the sources/modsettings.php is not.

Kreator

I tried this mod and got the ...Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test failed

So I manually did the amendments in the file but now when I go to features and settings all I get is a blank screen ..... i have uninstalled it in the meantime so I am back to original settings ...

Using 1.1.6, default theme.

any thoughts?

psynx

i have that same problems too Kreator.

anyone care to help us?  ;)

Kreator

Deprecated

Quote from: Kreator on November 05, 2008, 04:09:41 PM
I tried this mod and got the ...Execute Modification   ./Sources/ModSettings.php   Test failed

So I manually did the amendments in the file but now when I go to features and settings all I get is a blank screen ..... i have uninstalled it in the meantime so I am back to original settings ...

Using 1.1.6, default theme.

any thoughts?

Attached the amended file that you said didn't work.

cordesh

Nice Mod,

but i have have a Problem with html in the Settings.

HTML dosen´t work correct.

if i put the HTML Code into a Post it works, but not in the mod.

this is the HTML code

[html]
  <embed width="482" height="290"
flashvars="width=482&amp;height=290&amp;file=http://www.tier.tv/typo3temp/player_playlist_page_6004.xml&amp;searchbar=false&amp;logo=http://www.tier.tv/fileadmin/tiertv/images/videoplayer/tiertv_flash_logo_488_270.png&amp;autostart=true"
allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high"
name="mediaplayer" id="mediaplayer" style=""
src="http://www.tier.tv/typo3conf/ext/ff_tiertv/res/mediaplayer-3-16/mediaplayer.swf"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></p>
Wenn Sie mehr über Tiere erfahren wollen besuchen Sie <a href="www.tier.tv" target="_blank">www.tier.tv</a>
[/html]

Greetings

Deprecated

It's the linefeed after height="290" ... use a space instead.

And do remember the [html] and [/html] BBCode tags. :)

cordesh

thx :) this work.

But why it work in Posts ?

Greetings

Advertisement: