News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ezPortal

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, November 02, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazza0101

Hi,

I'm having a problem after installing this mod, I end up with a wide empty space on the right-hand side.

After uninstalling it returns back to normal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
My new electronics forum.
http://www.silicontronics.com
For the electronic engineer to anyone who has an interest in electronics.

vbgamer45

Do you have a screenshot of how it looks?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dazza0101

Hi vbgamer45, thank you for your reply,

The same problem appears in admin.

vbgamer45

What columns do you have enabled? And what ezblocks under what columns?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Dazza0101

I have nothing at all enabled, this problem appears immediately after it is installed.

[SiNaN]

Quote from: Dazza0101 on November 08, 2008, 01:52:59 AM
I have nothing at all enabled, this problem appears immediately after it is installed.

By default, center column width is 600px and it is aligned to left. It is not a problem actually. But I'd expect center column to span all the area possible in the center.

Quote from: [SiNaN] on November 05, 2008, 03:28:12 AM
It's because total width is smaller than the width of the page. You may increase the width of the center column (Admin CP >> EzBlock Manager >> Center - Edit Column) and also align the main table to center like this:

../Themes/default/EzPortal.template.php

Find:

echo '<table>

Replace:

echo '<table style="margin: 0 auto;">
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Dazza0101

Thank you [SiNaN] I appreciate your help, I will try what you have suggested and post back here the results.

Is this a problem with this mod, or maybe a conflict with other packages that I have installed?

I have installed quite a few and so far founder a minor problem only with one, that is it won't uninstall unless another mod is uninstall first.

Thank you,

Dazza0101.

Dazza0101

Thank you so much problem solved, I installed 10 mods I really didn't expect everything to go so smoothly.  8) 8)

haito

i had installed it...
but i dont now,  where is teh panel for editing thr portal??
www.japanesia.co.id | Portal Berita & Komunitas Untuk Kamu yang Suka Jepang

vmgamer

vbgamer45

New major release for EzPortal

Latest Updates!

Second Release of EzPortal now Supports SMF 2.0 as well as SMF 1.1.x

Adds many new ezBlocks!
Including Board News, ShoutBox, Recent Topics, Recent Posts, User infobox, Theme Select, User Online, Poll ezBlock, SMF Gallery ezBlock, SMF Arcade ezBlock, SMF Classifieds EzBlock, SMF Store EzBlock, SMF Links ezBlock, SMF Articles EzBlock, Recent Wepages and SMF Downloads ezBlock!

New module section to find new additions for your forum, new mods that work well with EzPortal!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

JOSHSKORN

I had considered learning how to program in PHP and learning the SMF system, only because I was displeased at the flexibility of what was out there and wanted to make my own portal system for SMF to be more gamer friendly, and to idiot-proof things, as well.  I couldn't tell you how much frustration I went through at times trying to add more and more modifications to my SMF software.

Anyhow, do you have plans in the future to add the following modules:

• GameTracker (gametracker.com)-I think using it as is, you have to manually edit colors and that's just kind of sloppy
  • TS Viewer
  • Treasury (resourcez.biz)
  • Xfire data display on personal profiles
  • ability for each member to customize the look of their own profile (clansitemanager has this ability)
There's probably a whole slew of other modifications I'd like to see integrated but I can't think of any others right now.  You've done quite a few too, right?

vbgamer45

Yup you can create as many as you want. I have some other ezBlocks planned to get the ball rolling.
I have a custom system that allows you to create your own EzBlocks then import them into the system and share with others.
Basic format I have posted so far
http://www.ezportal.com/ezblock-coding-forums/ezblock-format-creating-custom-ezblocks/msg4/#new

Going to be expanding as I add more features.

Basically you can create custom ezBlocks with as many parameters as you want which can be edited using the ezBlock manager.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bancherd

I have the 0.2 version installed on SMF2beta4 on a localhost(XP+xampp).

No problems with the installation, but in the portal setup, it warned me that the cache-folder was NOT writable.  ???   In spite of the warning, I went through and played around with blocks without any problems....so far.

vbgamer45

Cache folder is not really used yet. Later on I am going to be storing more information in the cache folder to make the portal faster for performance.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rparlett

I use a dynamic width theme. It looks like ezPortal only supports fixed width themes at this point?

ke4obt

Hey vbgamer45,

On my test site the first mod I installed was EZ Portal 0.1 . And now you have anew version out and my old version will not uninstall, do to other mods I have installed.
Think it was three or four files.What I would like to know is does the EZP Mod have a built-in up-grade whatever you call it, or am I going to have to try to do all this by hand?
Realy hope not, as i'm a blind SMF user.

Thanks for any help you can provide
     Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Thanks Much

Flip - KE4OBT
     The Blind Ham
Helping other blind hams
get on the air!

Yes I am really a BLIND user!

So, if a mod doesn't install properly, and I can't get help from your part of the forum,
I will come begging for YOUR help since you wrote it and know how it works
um, uh, well,
At least I would really, really hope you do!
HEE-HEE-HEE

vivithemage

looks good so far!

but I am wondering : will I have the option to have my board/forums in a seperate directory?

like this ..

root/board

and within the board, is obviously, my SMF installation, and in root, would have my index and portal files? Is this possible?

sakura1998

HELP!!!!!

This totally broke my forum!  (look at this http://www.besteikaiwa.com/forum/index.php)

It installed with no apparent errors - I got the admin screen and when I complete the step in the attached image, I totally broke my forum.

DeviDarkL

Quote from: sakura1998 on December 01, 2008, 05:33:37 PM
HELP!!!!!

This totally broke my forum!  (look at this http://www.besteikaiwa.com/forum/index.php)

It installed with no apparent errors - I got the admin screen and when I complete the step in the attached image, I totally broke my forum.

Admin CP >> EzBlock Manager >> Center - Edit Column and put width 900 instead of 600. Should do the trick.

Now, It's my turn  :P:

How can I change the background of ezblocks? In the attachment 1 the block is gray. How can i change it to orange (like in attachment 2) [i thinks that is the titlebg by the way]

Advertisement: