News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

ipb 1.2?

Started by Jpoke5, December 08, 2008, 11:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jpoke5

i have an old version of ipb 1.2 that was installed with fantastico and would like to convert to smf. can this be done? if so...what conversion zip should i use?

I dont see much info at all for this version of ipb on the forums.

Thanks.

Jeff

ThorstenE

Jpoke5

Thanks for the reply. But, unless i know this will work for sure i dont want to just try it. I have had the forums running for years now and we have a lot of info i dont want lost.

ThorstenE

the converters do not modify your IPB in any way. they copy the content from your IPB to SMF, your IPB will be untouched.
Converting to SMF

Jpoke5

this is also true for the data base?

Jeff

ThorstenE

Quote from: Jpoke5 on December 08, 2008, 03:25:01 PM
this is also true for the data base?
yes and no ;) you must install SMF before you can use the  converter. You can install SMF into the same database like IPB (then the database itself will be modified, but both systems use different table prefixes and you can easy delete SMF if you don't like it) or a different database..

Jpoke5

Wow, thanks for the help guys!! I decided to go ahead with this and boy am i glad. it went off without a hitch. this had to be the best forum mod/update i ever did. I really cant believe that i did not end up with hours of tweaking or fixing to get thing working.

FYI, the change over form ipb 1.2 to the smf 1.1.7 works well with the smf_1-1-7_invision_converter.zip
files.

Thanks again guys for the help and info!!

Jeff

Advertisement: