News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Restrict Email Providers on Registration

Started by Kermit, November 14, 2008, 05:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kermit

Restrict Email Providers on Registration

Link to mod

Version: 1.2 Date 2009-03-11
Compatibility: SMF 1.1.8 , SMF 2.0 RC1

This modification gives the Admin the chance ,to restrict some of E-Mail providers on registration.It will be sometimes useful,because some of users
are complaining about,that they can not get the activation mail and not activate their account.Such E-Mail providers should be restricted
via that Modification and then your users won't have no more problems with the activation...

How can you activate it ?

Admin -> Features and Options -> Enable restriction of E-Mail providers on registration (SMF 1.1.6)

Admin -> Modifications -> Enable restriction of E-Mail providers on registration (SMF 2.0 Beta 4)

Greetz
Duncan85

Changelog:

v1.2 - 11 March 2009

° With the new version you can choose,which provides should be accepted on registration,also that means,the providers which are on the accepted list would be accepted and the others would be rejected on registration

v1.1 - 29 November 2008

° Latest version was case sensitive,so the users could register with HOTMAIL.COM,also this was a little bug,now they can not register neither with hotmail.com nor with HOTMAIL.COM

18 November 2008

-  Added language support for

o spanish_latin
o spanish_latin-utf8
(Thx NIBOGO )

o swedish
  (Thx Nascar )

14 November 2008

o portuguese_brazilian
o portuguese_pt
  (Thx Costa )

v1.0 - 01 November 2008

o Initial release. (SMF 1.1.6 & SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Compatible)

My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

The Saviour

This looks like it'll also come in handy as a way to decrease the amount of spam registrations a forum receives.

genieuk

THANK YOU!!!

I have been dying for a mod like this. My dreams come true with this mod  :D

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

I cannot say it enough

Will Install in a bit.  ;D

Mathew

UPDATE:

Installed and works a treat. Just changed wording a little.

Thank you,
Mathew

jossanaijr

Is there a known list of these E-Mail providers?

Costa

Can you update to brazilain an portuguese

Modification.portuguese.php
Modification.portuguese_brazilian.php

non utf-8
$txt['restricted'] = 'Desculpe, contas de E-mail desse provedor não podem ser usadas. Temos tido membros se queixando que não têm recebido e-mail quando usam esse provedor. Por favor, use um e-mail alternativo. Lamentamos o incoveniente causado pelo seu provedor de e-mail.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Habilitar a restrição de provedores de e-mail';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Quais provedores deverão ser bloqueados <br />no registo? <br /><i> (Como exemplo, para os provedores <b><font color="red">hotmail e gmail</font></b> você deve escrever @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

utf-8

$txt['restricted'] = 'Desculpe, contas de E-mail desse provedor n&atilde;o podem ser usadas. Temos tido membros se queixando que n&atilde;o t&ecirc;m recebido e-mail quando usam esse provedor. Por favor, use um e-mail alternativo. Lamentamos o incoveniente causado pelo seu provedor de e-mail.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Habilitar a restriç&atilde;o de provedores de e-mail';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Quais provedores dever&atilde;o ser bloqueados <br />no registo? <br /><i> (Como exemplo, para os provedores <b><font color="red">hotmail e gmail</font></b> voc&ecirc; deve escrever @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

Congrats for the mod, it's very usefull ;)

Farewell
- Costa
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Kermit

Thanx for the translation,i will update it shortly  ;)
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Costa

Thank you

I've update my post with utf-8 translation too

Farewell
- Costa
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

Kermit

Quote from: Costa on November 14, 2008, 09:39:11 AM
Thank you

I've update my post with utf-8 translation too

Farewell
- Costa

Updated,thx again  ;)
My Mods

A. Einstein

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hi Duncan85,

Thanks for the useful mod.

I have many people reporting @in.com members were not receiving the email properly.

So i was helpless. Now, Thank you for this very useful mod.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Sincere

Quote from: jossanaijr on November 14, 2008, 09:25:20 AM

I prepared a list of the most common 300 providers of disposable email addresses. It is here in the Charter-only section.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=274412.msg1798516#msg1798516

Please do not leak it.
Do you need a special mod for your smf forums? contact me for a quote.

Nibogo

Great Mod!

Spanish_latin:

$txt['restricted'] = 'Lo sentimos, Las cuentas de correo de ese proveedor no pueden ser usadas, hemos tenido reportes de algunos miembros ya que los correos no le llegan usando ese proveedor,por favor usa otra cuenta de correo de otro proveedor.Nosotros lamentamos los inconvenientes producidos por tu proveedor de correo.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Activar la restriccion de proveedores de correos <br />en el registro';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Cuales proveedores de correo deben ser restringidos <br />en el registro ? <br /><i> (Esto es un ejemplo,para los proveedores de <b><font color="red">hotmail y gmail</font></b> tu debes escribir: @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

Spanish_latin-utf8:

$txt['restricted'] = 'Lo sentimos, Las cuentas de correo de ese proveedor no pueden ser usadas, hemos tenido reportes de algunos miembros ya que los correos no le llegan usando ese proveedor,por favor usa otra cuenta de correo de otro proveedor.Nosotros lamentamos los inconvenientes producidos por tu proveedor de correo.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Activar la restriccion de proveedores de correos <br />en el registro';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Cuales proveedores de correo deben ser restringidos <br />en el registro ? <br /><i> (Esto es un ejemplo,para los proveedores de <b><font color="red">hotmail y gmail</font></b> tu debes escribir: @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

xconnect

Thanks for this! Alot of people register with @spamcorptastic.com and now I can stop it! Thanks again.  :)

jossanaijr

Costa

Quote from: Sincere on November 14, 2008, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: jossanaijr on November 14, 2008, 09:25:20 AM

I prepared a list of the most common 300 providers of disposable email addresses. It is here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=274412.msg1798516#msg1798516

Please do not leak it.

An Error Has Occurred!                                     The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Kermit

He's posted the message probably in charter member board,that's why we can not see the post ^^
My Mods

A. Einstein

SpelingMistakes

I have question – is this generate any error report in logs?

It will be very interesting if it will do that because I will have few facts more about some user - When you lead kind of small and specialized forum it is much needed info

Spel
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

Kermit

Nope,the mod generates nothing in error logs,but it would maybe do that in the next release
My Mods

A. Einstein

SpelingMistakes

Do you think like me - it is helpful to know what users doing in case of registration?

Maybe kind of on/off for that feature because somebody simply don't have need for that kind of reports!

Spel
There is a huge difference between living and being alive!

Marcus Forsberg

Hey, duncan, you'll need a swedish translation for this mod ;)

$txt['restricted'] = 'Ledsen, men e-postadresser från den hemsidan stödjs inte av oss. Vi har haft medlemmar som rapporterat att dom inte kan ta emot mail när de använder en sådan e-postadress. Var snäll och använd en alternativ e-postadress.
Vi är ledsna för porblemen som detta kan orsaka för dig.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Aktivera begränsning av e-postadresser<br />vid registrering.';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Vilka e-postadresser får inte användas<br />vid registrering ? <br /><i> (Till exempel, om du inte vill tillåta e-postadresser från <b><font color="red">hotmail och gmail</font></b> skriver du @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

Kermit

Quote18 November 2008

o spanish_latin
o spanish_latin-utf8
(Thx NIBOGO )

o swedish
  (Thx Nascar )

Thank you guys again for the tranlastions  ;)
My Mods

A. Einstein

Advertisement: