Restrict Email Providers on Registration

Started by Kermit, November 14, 2008, 05:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinoypetfinder

awesome mod! will download and install it now. thank you! :)

kizer

Doesn't seem to work

Enabled running on 1.1.7 and I had to fake members join and well they joined no problem using an email from the charter list. Yes I do have it enabled

After I register I get the following message.

Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account. If you don't receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.

I had to manually edit the ./Sources/Subs-Members.php file, but everything else went fine.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

villasg

Thanks for this usefull mod
I install in my 1.1.7 works good
My language is greek utf-8

I make some changes in install1.xml

find

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[$txt['restricted'] = 'Desculpe, contas de E-mail desse provedor n&atilde;o podem ser usadas. Temos tido membros se queixando que n&atilde;o t&ecirc;m recebido e-mail quando usam esse provedor. Por favor, use um e-mail alternativo. Lamentamos o incoveniente causado pelo seu provedor de e-mail.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Habilitar a restri秡tilde;o de provedores de e-mail';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Quais provedores dever&atilde;o ser bloqueados <br />no registo? <br /><i> (Como exemplo, para os provedores <b><font color="red">hotmail e gmail</font></b> voc&ecirc; deve escrever @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

replace with

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.greek-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[$txt['restricted'] = 'Συγνώμη , λογαριασμοί E-mail απο αυτό τον πάροχο δεν είναι δυνατόν να χρησιμοποιηθούν , έχουμε αρκετά μέλη που μας ανέφεραν οτι ΔΕΝ μπορούν να λάβουν E-Mails ( ενεργοποίησης - μηνυμάτων ) απο αυτόν τον πάροχο , παρακαλώ χρησιμοποιήστε μια εναλλακτική διεύθυνση email .Λυπόμαστε για τη δυσχέρεια που προκαλείται εξαιτίας του παρόχου του ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου σας.';
$txt['enable_restrict_EmailProvider'] = 'Ενεργοποιήστε τον περιορισμό των E-Mail providers <br />κατά την εγγραφή';
$txt['restricted_provider'] = 'Ποιοι providers θα απαγορέυονται  <br />κατά την εγγραφή ? <br /><i> (Για παραδειγμα ,για τους <b><font color="red">hotmail and gmail</font></b> πρεπει να γραψουμε @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

squad

I look forward to installing this overnight when my small forum is quiet :)

We have included, in the Registration Agreement' in huge red letter, 'No Free Email address'
and still people join using 'gmail' and the like, drives me crazy  ::)

This I hope will now rectify that problem, thank you

villasg

A litle bug
If i block the @yahoo.gr then a user CAN register with e-mail writing as @YAHOO.GR
Maybe need something for caps .....
Check it plz

Thanks again for the good mod

Kermit

Quote from: villasg on November 29, 2008, 01:09:47 PM
A litle bug
If i block the @yahoo.gr then a user CAN register with e-mail writing as @YAHOO.GR
Maybe need something for caps .....
Check it plz

Thanks again for the good mod

Thx for reporting,i've fixed it (i hope),try the version 1.1

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=1493;id=77862
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

villasg

Tested and work fine the 1.1
With
@yahoo.gr
@YAHOO.GR
@YaHOo.gR

Thanks

Sabre™

Nice mod mate :)
Should we start a user based list of banned/blocked email providers?
I'll look for a few, but others will have different ones.

Then if you have time Duncan, you could add them to a .txt file in your first post, for download etc.
What do you guys think?

EDIT:
Here's a few I quickly found.

Contribute peeps, it only benefits you!  ;)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

skyhintack

Found Bug:

English UTF8 Language has the UTF8 in wrong position.
=>   Modifications-utf8.english.php
   - Should Be:
=>   Modifications.english-utf8.php

Thus, I received error when tried to install.

Sabre™

Good stuff, and thanks for spottin that.
Im sure Duncan will correct that once his New Year bender is over lol ;)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Kermit

Quote from: skyhintack on December 31, 2008, 02:09:05 PM
Found Bug:

English UTF8 Language has the UTF8 in wrong position.
=>   Modifications-utf8.english.php
   - Should Be:
=>   Modifications.english-utf8.php

Thus, I received error when tried to install.

Huh How could i overlook that  :P

Fixed  ;)
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

N3rd

Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php     File not found

Is what I get, will this damage the install if I continue? (my board is in english)
also can we get that list with the disposable emails back online so that I can add them?

Kermit

My Mods

A. Einstein

saosangmo

hi Ducan85, could you add the function which bann all providers but providers in list?
thanks!
-saosangmo

Kermit

Quote from: saosangmo on February 05, 2009, 09:18:47 AM
hi Ducan85, could you add the function which bann all providers but providers in list?
thanks!
-saosangmo

What kinda function ? I couldn't understand what you mean

Do you want a ban list for restricted providers or what ?
My Mods

A. Einstein

Simplemachines Cowboy

I believe he means he wants to be able to list e-mail providers that will be accepted, and all not listed will fail registration.

I thought about this when I installed it, it'd be great for a corporate environment then they could restrict registration to their own domain.
My SMF forum: The Open Range

saosangmo

yeah,

I want to allow users, who use only email which ends with @yahoo and @gmail.com, can register at my commnunity.
This function is very useful for private or internal community.

thank Simplemachines Cowboy for your explanation.

I'm not good in English! sry!
-saosangmo

Kermit

@saosangmo

I'll have a look at this,when i've time
My Mods

A. Einstein

BillLeeDee

Hi all,

I've been using SMF for a about a year and recently downloded this mod - what a Godsend. Any chance of getting this list to add? I started adding addys by hand and with the small list already in this thread but it would save quite a bit of time of having to manually compile the list by hand.

Thx,

Bill

Quote from: jossanaijr on November 15, 2008, 01:56:20 PM
Quote from: Sincere on November 14, 2008, 03:49:03 PM
I prepared a list of the most common 300 providers of disposable email addresses. It is here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=274412.msg1798516#msg1798516
Please do not leak it.
I can't see it.

Kermit

Quote from: saosangmo on February 06, 2009, 03:09:10 AM
yeah,

I want to allow users, who use only email which ends with @yahoo and @gmail.com, can register at my commnunity.
This function is very useful for private or internal community.

thank Simplemachines Cowboy for your explanation.

I'm not good in English! sry!
-saosangmo

So here we go !

Changelog:

v1.2 - 11 March 2009

° With the new version you can choose,which provides should be accepted on registration,also that means,the providers which are on the accepted list would be accepted and the others would be rejected on registration
My Mods

A. Einstein

Advertisement: