Restrict Email Providers on Registration

Started by Kermit, November 14, 2008, 05:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchgr

Before to install it i want to know if Is it posssible to do the opposite: To add the providers which are not accepted and the others would be accepted on registration.

Thanks

Kermit

Quote from: searchgr on March 15, 2009, 01:19:22 AM
Before to install it i want to know if Is it posssible to do the opposite: To add the providers which are not accepted and the others would be accepted on registration.

Thanks

For the providers,which should not be accepted,there is a restricted list
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

searchgr

squad

This works perfectly on my 1.1.8 but on trying to instal
on a SMF 2.0 RC1 with very little in the way of modifications
installed I get an error reply:

Installations actions for "Restrict Email Providers on Registration":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:   Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test failed
  1. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test failed

2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageSettings.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Sources/ManageSettings.php Test successful

3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
  1. Add Before ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful

4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file

Is there something I am missing with this? Please and thanks for your help :)

Kermit

Then your ./Sources/Subs-Members.php is somehow not the same as the fresh one,that's why test has failed,then you should do it manually

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1493;attach=90356;smf_version=2.0_RC1
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

squad

Thanks, but the instal of the SMF 2.0 RC1 was only
done approximately 2 weeks ago :)

!!kaos!!

Edit.

My Mod | My Site | SMF Kurulumu Resimli Anlatım | My Facebook
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SimpleDestek.Com Satışa Çıkmıştır Almak İsteyenler Benimle İletişime Geçsin..

Kermit

Quote from: !!kaos!! on May 06, 2009, 05:42:30 AM
Merhaba 'Duncan85' bu mod güzel ancak türkçesi yok türkçe çeviri yapabilirmisin.

You should speak here in english mate,i'd translate it when i've time
My Mods

A. Einstein

!!kaos!!

Hi 'Duncan85' Can you do this mod good, but Turkish is Turkish translation.

!!kaos!!

Added end Help.english.php $helptxt['accepted_provider'] = 'Which providers should be accepted
on registration ?  <br /><br />(As an example,for the providers hotmail and gmail you should write @hotmail.com,@gmail.com).Note that either restricted provider or accepted provider list should be empty';
$helptxt['restricted_provider'] = 'Which providers should be restricted
on registration ? <br /><br />(As an example,for the providers hotmail and gmail you should write @hotmail.com,@gmail.com) ';

mcgiwer

Found an bug in script. After install there are labels missing in the administration panel. Please fix this problem.
Michal D.
IT i Technika
Komitet Obrony Demokracji (KOD)
KOD woj. Dolnośląskie

Kermit

Quote from: mcgiwer on May 11, 2009, 09:16:31 AM
Found an bug in script. After install there are labels missing in the administration panel. Please fix this problem.

Missing labels ?

You might be wrong,because it's been tested on fresh install,so it would be something wrong with an another mod

-Duncan85
My Mods

A. Einstein

mcgiwer

Quote from: Duncan85 on May 11, 2009, 09:56:23 AM

Missing labels ?

You might be wrong,because it's been tested on fresh install,so it would be something wrong with an another mod

The labels are from this plugin. I send the snapshoot to show you that I'm not wrong
Michal D.
IT i Technika
KOD woj. Dolnośląskie

Kermit

Apparently you're not using english as default language,that's why it's normal that you get blank labels

Either you should translate the language string into your own language or you can use this mod from here

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=615
My Mods

A. Einstein

mcgiwer

Quote from: Duncan85 on May 11, 2009, 11:24:31 AM
Apparently you're not using english as default language,that's why it's normal that you get blank labels

Either you should translate the language string into your own language or you can use this mod from here

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=615

This mod method has worked. Thanks
Michal D.
IT i Technika
KOD woj. Dolnośląskie

swatt

Great Mod for bad bots! Pity that registered members can change mail address in profil.
It would be perfect for a forum in a company which accept only adresses in company-domain.
----
SMF 2.0 RC1.2

tfalbb

I'd like to see it extended so that the restricted email addresses also kicked in when a user changed their email address. MS's spam filters are a major problem for many forums whose email only gets delivered to the first 20 or so sign-ups from hotmail.com for instance.

I'd go even further and want a nag pop-up appearing every x posts for anyone registered with one of those addresses, but I guess I'm veering into the territory of Mod requests there.

aED

Hi got this problem

I added this mail list in restricted emails

============================
@inurl.com,@yaho.com,@mailinator.com,@trashymail.com,@MailEater.com,@spambox.us,@spamhole.com,@pookmail.com,@bsnow.net,@yopmail.com,@tempemail.net,@makemetheking.com,@spamex.com,@anonymbox.com,@mytrashmail.com,@hidemyass.com,@deadaddress.com,@meltmail.com,@sharpmail.co.uk,@mailboxable.net,@neomailbox.com,@mailcatch.com,@mailexpire.com,@temporaryinbox.com,@maileater.com,@jetable.org,@spambox.us,@guerrillamail.com,@spamhole.com,@10minutemail.com,@dontreg.com,@tempomail.fr,@tempemail.net,@pookmail.com,@spamfree24.org,@kasmail.com,@spammotel.com,@greensloth.com,@spamspot.com,@spam.la,@spamevader.com,@,@sendanonymousemail.com,@tempinbox.com,@mintemail.com,@spamcero.com,@incognitomail.com,@deadaddress.com,@mailcatch.com,@tempail.com,@soodonims.com

But when I am trying to register with an email address with @yahoo.com it says it is not allowed. its not in the list but when I tried to put only two restricted email providers namely (@inurl.com,@mailinator.com) it accepts the @yahoo email address. what could have gone wrong?

Kermit

Quote from: aED on September 27, 2009, 06:46:00 AM
Hi got this problem

I added this mail list in restricted emails

@inurl.com,@yaho.com,@mailinator.com,@trashymail.com,@MailEater.com,@spambox.us,@spamhole.com,@pookmail.com,@bsnow.net,@yopmail.com,@tempemail.net,@makemetheking.com,@spamex.com,@anonymbox.com,@mytrashmail.com,@hidemyass.com,@deadaddress.com,@meltmail.com,@sharpmail.co.uk,@mailboxable.net,@neomailbox.com,@mailcatch.com,@mailexpire.com,@temporaryinbox.com,@maileater.com,@jetable.org,@spambox.us,@guerrillamail.com,@spamhole.com,@10minutemail.com,@dontreg.com,@tempomail.fr,@tempemail.net,@pookmail.com,@spamfree24.org,@kasmail.com,@spammotel.com,@greensloth.com,@spamspot.com,@spam.la,@spamevader.com,@,@sendanonymousemail.com,@tempinbox.com,@mintemail.com,@spamcero.com,@incognitomail.com,@deadaddress.com,@mailcatch.com,@tempail.com,@soodonims.com

But when I am trying to register with an email address with @yahoo.com it says it is not allowed. its not in the list but when I tried to put only two restricted email providers namely (@inurl.com,@mailinator.com) it accepts the @yahoo email address. what could have gone wrong?

as you see in first mail list,you have yahoo in it,so it's normal that you got a warning,that yahoo is not allowed
My Mods

A. Einstein

aED

Quote from: Duncan85 on September 27, 2009, 11:00:45 AM

as you see in first mail list,you have yahoo in it,so it's normal that you got a warning,that yahoo is not allowed

Its not actually yahoo.com but "yaho.com" with a single o since I saw a lot of not activated members with email addresses with that format maybe they did not noticed that it has only a single letter o.

Advertisement: