Started by Bas, February 11, 2005, 06:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bas

Link to Mod

Modified converter for wbb2.x.x -> smf 1.0.x
Don't know about the other versions.
Auto-converts, no clicking needed.
A few bug's where solved.
I hope the original writer doesn't mind.
Greetings Bas.

Bobby

Midgard

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bas

It's a converter to convert Woltlab Burning Board to SMF database....
Greetings Bas.

Dustman

I hope 4 converter from wbb 2.3.x next time ;)

goetzi

Did the converter work for anyone?

I have a WBB 2.2.1 and want to convert to the SMF 1.1.

I installed the SMF into the same database where the WBB is.
I tested it at my local PC with XAMPP, but this shouldn't be the problem?

There always appear this errors:
Converting members...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 285

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 303
successful.
Converting categories...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 410

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 420
successful.
Converting boards...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 502

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 512
successful.
Converting topics...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 594

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 604

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 613

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 641
successful.
Converting messages... (this may take some time)
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 730

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 740
successful.
Converting board access... successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 865

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\burningboard_to_smf.php on line 870
successful.

After this, the SMF forum is completely emtpy.

Can anyone help me?

goetzi

[Unknown]

This won't work with 1.1.  There's a converter we have written, which is partially done, that should work with your version of Woltlab Burning Board and 1.1.

-[Unknown]

goetzi

Quote from: [Unknown] on July 03, 2005, 02:13:35 AM
This won't work with 1.1.  There's a converter we have written, which is partially done, that should work with your version of Woltlab Burning Board and 1.1.

-[Unknown]

Hm, when will the converter be finished? I am really interested in this thing, because I think it's the only possibility for converting my forum. I didn't find such a converter anywhere else.

goetzi

goetzi

@[Unknown]
Will I be able to transfer the attachments too with your converter? I really can't wait for it

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

goetzi

@Grudge
Thanks, I will try that converter later. But is there a possibility to convert the attachments too?

Grudge

As long as it's burning board 2 (and not lite) then the converter should do attachments, yes.

goetzi

But the attachments (the files) are not copied to the SMF. Where do I have to put them? Do I have to rename them?
Sorry for this questions, but I'm a newbie with this forums...

Grudge

The files should have been automatically copied to your SMF install unless there is a bug in the converter. Can you start a new topic over in the converters board about this - I assume you are using the converter from the topic I posted a link to 3 posts above?

So, please start a new topic, telling us what you've done - and what errors were thrown up when it tried to do attachments. Also, please check whether your attachments table on your SMF install has anything in it.

goetzi

Hm, I always get these errors:

Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting members...
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\convert.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 11

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\convert.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 11

Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Creating "Catch All" category... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting poll questions... Successful.
Converting polls options...
Notice: Undefined variable: choice_count in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\convert.php(498) : eval()'d code on line 3
Successful.
Converting polls votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting banned users (by IP)...
Notice: Undefined index: start in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\smf\convert.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 8
Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT value
    FROM `db1011602-3ai`.bb1_options
    WHERE varname = 'ban_ip'
    LIMIT , 25;

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 25' at line 4

There are only parts of the Forum that are converted. Maybe I do something wrong  :(

[Unknown]

The attached converter files have not been well tested and may not work properly.  In any case, you were using an older version of the converter.  Please download a new convert.php and burningboard2_to_smf.sql file from that topic.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: