News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF at 1.1.7 Database at 1.1.1 help

Started by f_inscreenname, November 23, 2008, 06:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f_inscreenname

When it says "database" it scares me. What should I do to fix this please?

Table 'forumcw.smf_related_subjects' doesn't exist
File: E:\inetpub\vhosts\supernova19.com\httpdocs\forumcw\Sources\Subs-RelatedFulltext.php
Line: 72

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

casty23

get the full 1.1.7 UPGRADE package.  Do NOT get the simple update release for people going from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7

Then upload and overwrite the old files in that root folder (SSI.php, update 1-1-1.sql, etc.)  from the package

Then upload and overwrite all your old template files from the package

Then execute   forumname.com/upgrade.php [nofollow]  and it should update your forum and database.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Hi,

"smf_related_subjects" Is not a table that is part of the base SMF install.

What mods have you installed? Where are you seeing this error?

-Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

It is caused by the mod related topics, either remove it or put the file inside the folder as necessary. It will fix it.

About the database upgrade, either take the large package and extract upgrade.php upgrade.0-1.sql and the upgrade.1-1.sql file and upgrade your database.

Or run a query in your phpmyadmin.
UPDATE `smf_settings` SET `value` = '1.1.7' WHERE `variable` = 'smfVersion' LIMIT 1

I would go for the first one as it will get you updated right away and solve problems in the database if there are any.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

He's not missing a file, he's missing a database table.

That MOD was not properly installed - it's best to remove it, and re-install it.

-Christian

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

f_inscreenname

f_inscreenname

Can I just do the manual install in reverse? I cant get it to un install.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

f_inscreenname

I think I got rid of it but the package manager still thinks it there. Should I just "delete" it now?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

yea that wouldnt cause the problem. So is the error gone ? Either take one of the paths i mentioned above and make your database show that its up to date to 1.1.7

It should be then working fine i think.

f_inscreenname

Error is gone.
Not to be a dumb ass but where exactley do those file go? The forum's folder or sources or  themes or etc, etc?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

just in the main folder where SMF is installed. No problem in asking questions, i was the same before. ;)

f_inscreenname

just got this when I went to my http://yoursite.com/upgrade.php

The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ok, then run the query i have given in phpmyadmin, this acts a bit weird but it says you have some files which are of the older version.

If you have no mods or very less mods installed, then you might want to replace all the files with fresh 1.1.7 files (leaving settings.php, attachments and avatars).

Or just run the query and it might solve the database error problem.

Rumbaar

If the error is gone I wouldn't worry about it.  It's just the flag in the db which is incorrect.  You can manually adjust it to 1.1.7 with the instructions in Reply #3.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: