TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Link to the mod

TinyPortal - Portal Mod for SMF

Latest Version Total Downloads GitHub issues

What is TinyPortal?

TinyPortal is a mod for SMF that adds a powerful and mature CMS to your SMF Forum in minutes, with native integration, without having to worry about bridging, database, and appearance. Your SMF and TP will be a homogenous ensemble from installation. It's up to you and your creativity to use TP's features to customize your site and organize its content.

Features included in TinyPortal:

• Article System: The article system gives you a CMS system tightly integrated with your forum. Write articles in php, html or bbcode, and choose what member-groups can access them, who can contribute, and how they are approved.

• Blocks and Panels: Blocks is a term for the rectangles of information you can use throughout the portal. For the sake of simplicity the page has been divided into the "panels", which when combined can mimic many common page layouts. Blocks can contain regular html, BBC, php code or special written functions that collect specific types of information. You can show them according to which permissions the visitor has, and even show them just in certain sections. TinyPortal comes with a number of standard block types, such as: Recent Posts, Theme switcher, Search, Calendar, Poll, RSS feeds, Menu, User Profile block and News.

• Menu Manager: The menu manager lets you add single level Buttons / Tabs to the SMF menu, but also create menu's within a portal block available to specific membergroups. You can create and organize various types of menu items: links to articles, categories, or even just a custom link. You can choose to have the link open in the current window or a new window.

• Downloads Manager: A built-in module for TP that lets you offer files for your members to browse and download. Its works by having the downloadable files placed in categories, letting you restrict member groups access level per each category.

• ShoutBox: An integrated message box in which you can leave messages for others to see and thus maintain a simple "chat" on the site. Combined with permissions you will have much freedom in who can participate as well.

Questions?

For more detailed information about the features of TinyPortal and how to use them, check out the TinyPortal documentation. If you cannot find what you are looking for in the documentation, please feel free to ask on the TinyPortal Support forum

Changelog

Please click on the appropriate release to see the Changelog

What you need to install TinyPortal

1. In order to install TinyPortal, you need to have a working version of Simple Machines Forum. SMF version must be SMF2.1. or SMF3.0. Note that SMF3.0 is under development, we cannot guarantee stable support for 3.0 untill a Final version is released.
  2. Zip files are provided for install both on the Simple Machines Site and the TinyPortal Site (the archive with old version packages is available in the download section).

Note: It is recommended to uninstall any previous version of TinyPortal before you install TinyPortal. Make a backup of all your SMF and TinyPortal files before you uninstall.

SMF2.0 is supported by TinyPortal only up to TinyPortal version 2.3.1. Support for SMF2.0 has been dropped starting TinyPortal version 3.0.0.

License Information:

The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this package except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0/

Midgard

bloc

No, this is my project. Jerry has his own script. :)

TinyPortal is currently running at http://www.tinyportal.net , if you want to see it in action.

Midgard

Excellent, Bloc

Very best mod.

Jerry

Very Nice portal :), my error log shows some errors though:

Quote8: Undefined index: mystart
File: /xxx/xxx/public_html/akjerry/Themes/default/TPortalBlocks.template.php (eval?)
Line: 62
and
Quote8: Undefined variable: t
File: /xxx/xxx/public_html/akjerry/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 205

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

bloc

thanks, I will correct those.

Midgard

Bloc, need a roster page ;)

bloc

bloc

I see. :) Well...it could be a just an article in my mod. The make button for that page only for instance.

In the next release of mod, I plan to have the option of an article without a category, or marked as such. It will then show up in the category/content list as a single page. That way special pages can be made that will auto-show in the menu there.

Midgard

dtm.exe

I am extrememely frustrated right about now.  I installed the mod and hate it, so I try to uninstall it, that doesn't work.  Then I try deleting the files, THAT works but the stuff on the index page is STILL THERE!  HOW DO I REMOVE THIS  THING PLEASE!

-Dan The Man

maufonseca

I like it...... very simple, but very useful......
Are there any modifications to make it work with different themes?

bloc

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on February 12, 2005, 10:11:47 AM
I am extrememely frustrated right about now. I installed the mod and hate it, so I try to uninstall it, that doesn't work. Then I try deleting the files, THAT works but the stuff on the index page is STILL THERE! HOW DO I REMOVE THIS THING PLEASE!

-Dan The Man
Try to replace with the original Load.php, Index.template.php and index.php, those files are modified by the mod.

If you have files in the root folder named  index.bak, load.bak and index.template.bak, those are YOUR original files and could just be renamed to php and put in again:

- load.bak => rename to Load.php - put in Sources folder
- index.bak => rename to index.php - put in forum root folder
- index.template.bak => rename to index.template.php - put in themes/default folder.

I will check into why it wont un-install properly.

bloc

Quote from: maufonseca on February 12, 2005, 11:53:18 AM
I like it...... very simple, but very useful......
Are there any modifications to make it work with different themes?

Look at the tinyportal.mod file..the changes for index.template.php.

maufonseca

Thank you, it works,

I found something...... the ShoutBox dont work  :(

bloc

Yes. I am checking why as of now.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Bloc on February 12, 2005, 12:00:21 PM
I am extrememely frustrated right about now. I installed the mod and hate it, so I try to uninstall it, that doesn't work. Then I try deleting the files, THAT works but the stuff on the index page is STILL THERE! HOW DO I REMOVE THIS THING PLEASE!

-Dan The Man
Try to replace with the original Load.php, Index.template.php and index.php, those files are modified by the mod.

If you have files in the root folder named  index.bak, load.bak and index.template.bak, those are YOUR original files and could just be renamed to php and put in again:

- index.template.bak => rename to index.template.php - put in themes/default folder.

Great, now my forums are F**KED UP!

www.closecombatsquad.com

-Dan The Man

maufonseca

Also, in some places, this menu "block" (sorry, I dont know how to call it) gets BIG...... can I stop set it a size so it wont get bigger in some lare thread and other places

(sorry for my english)

bloc

Quote from: OIDanTheManIO on February 12, 2005, 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Bloc on February 12, 2005, 12:00:21 PM

-Dan The Man

Great, now my forums are F**KED UP!

www.closecombatsquad.com

-Dan The Man

Don't you even have a backup when trying out mods?

And..as far as I can see, only the link-tree is wrong. Try to replace all the files as I suggested.

Advertisement: