News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdd

Hi,
how to update?
I have version 1.105

IchBin™

Upload the new package and click install. It's that easy.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

koupe377

SMF 2.0.2 and TP. All downloaded and installed this past Saturday the 31. (Then of course the following day was the release of 1.0). Black Rain theme
1. I have a facebook fan page for my forum. It has 1300 'Likes" I want to have a facebook block that has a Like button and also shows the profile images and to show the "1300 people like this." Is there a mod for this? Is there already a block for this in TP? I didn't see one.
2. I want to put facebook 'Like' , twitter, google +1 buttons for the threads. Is there a TP specific mod for this or TP friendly mod for it.
3. In general do we need to use TP specific mods or will the 'normal' smf mods for when a portal is not installed work?
4. I wrote a shout out in shoutbox. The white "bubble" showed up but there is no text in it. The fix?
5. I want to add some tabs in the menu strip where the default tabs are the Home Forum Help Search Profile My Messages Calendar Members Logout. In SMF 1.1.11 I could add them in the index.template.php but that function is not written out in there any more. It calls on template or other file  and I can't find it. Where is this at now?
6. Previously, if a person included their location in the forum profile it would show up under their name and avatar when the posted in the forum. Its not showing up. I want all users 'Location' to be displayed when they post. The fix?
7. Is there a TP specific you tube mode? If not what you tube mods have others used that react goof with TP
8. seo friendly urls. I saw the option for SEF in SMF  but is said it only worked for apache servers. It wont work for me. Which SEF is good for TP. I heard that pretty urls slows the forum down so please suggest anyother than that. Also will the sef work on articles too?
9. Before the SMF upgrade and TP install, if I posted a thread url that had a image attachment on facebook, facebook would see the image that was attached in the thread and also my website logo. It would give me the choice of what image I wanted to use when posting it on facebook. Now, however, attachment images aren't being seen anymore. I'm stuck having to use my logo. I have threads where I attach images of event  flyers and I want those event flyers to show up when I post the thread url in facebook. What do i need to do so facebook can see the thread attachments like it did previously? Is TP  causing this to be blocked now?

IchBin™

1. I'm not sure to be honest. I don't think it would be hard to add a link if you get the facebook code to do it.
2. No mods. You just find code for it, and put this stuff into a block.
3. No TP specific mods. SMF mods are all you need. And actually TP doesn't supply any SMF mods other than TP. :)
4. You sure there's no text? I'm guessing you are using a custom theme which may have the text the same color as the bubble or something. Check it in the default curve theme if you can.
5. This is documented here: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0
6. You'll probably have to add the code in for this. I haven't looked at it, but I don't think it's an option in SMF 2.0.
7. Don't have any experience in this part. I've heard people use the Aeva mod at the same time as TP before.
8. I've never bothered with these either. I would imagine that non of the mods touch the TP files to change the URL's for articles though.
9. I don't have that problem when testing some URL's out on my facebook. Not sure what to tell you.

koupe377

4. the shoutbox text bubble is white. you're probably right i bet the text is white too. where do i go to change either the bubble background color or the text color. I'm guessing one of the style sheets.

IchBin™

Hard to say as it depends on the theme. If you use a tool like firebug (link in my sig), you can see right away which class or ID is affecting it in your CSS. And even which file it is in.

DarkAngel612

I have many themes and what I did was duplicate the tpshout.css file for the theme then edited it and added it the theme needing the color change

.tp_shoutbody
{
    background: #051133;
    border: solid 1px #888;
    border-top: none;
    line-height: 1.3em;
    margin: 0 5px 8px 0;
    padding: 8px;
    font-size: 11pt;
    overflow: auto;
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

ZarPrime

Quote from: koupe377 on April 04, 2012, 04:13:34 PM
4. the shoutbox text bubble is white. you're probably right i bet the text is white too. where do i go to change either the bubble background color or the text color. I'm guessing one of the style sheets.

There is a 2 page topic on the TinyPortal site explaining what to do for the Shoutbox when the custom theme is dark and has white bubbles.  If you read the whole topic, you should be able to figure it out --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32443.0

ZarPrime

koupe377

I'm using blackrain. thanks for all the advice. i'll report back what I find

koupe377

What file is this www.mydomain***.com/index.php?action=tpmod;sa=help what file would be responsible for this? do I need to look for tpmod.php, help.php and where would i look

IchBin™

tpmod runs through the TPmodules.php file, and outputs to the TPmodules.template.php file. Not sure why you are asking about that though.

koupe377

It was coming up when I googled my site. I thought it was a hiddend text or something but then realized its from an actual page.

Next question. How do I delete the an image from the My Images Quicklist menu?

IchBin™

I don't think Bloc put any way in their to remove the images from the quicklist. You probably just have to remove the image from the folder on your server to make it go away.

Should be in the tp-images/ folder.

koupe377

thanks.

Where are you guys putting your google analytics code.  I saw this was a mod for google anylatics but I want to use the mod, rather hardcode it.

IchBin™

Use the mod, there's nothing wrong with doing it that way and it's actually probably better.

koupe377

I know. I just want to run the least amount of mods as possible. I figured since this was a simple code i could just stick it in and be done. Is there any reason why the mod is better than hardcoding it?

IchBin™

Google suggest that you put their code in a certain place in the head if I remember right. You can't do that with TP. The mod is very simple, and ads things via hook if I'm not mistaken. Just all around a better way to handle it.

koupe377

what is the link to the mod I found one but i don't know if there is only one and if not  if its the correct one.

IchBin™

Bigguy

I just tried this out again for the first time in a long time. I must say there has been some changes. Everything looks good. Well done for sure. :)

Advertisement: