News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koupe377

Quote from: koupe377 on April 04, 2012, 04:20:12 AM
9. Before the SMF upgrade and TP install, if I posted a thread url that had a image attachment on facebook, facebook would see the image that was attached in the thread and also my website logo. It would give me the choice of what image I wanted to use when posting it on facebook. Now, however, attachment images aren't being seen anymore. I'm stuck having to use my logo. I have threads where I attach images of event  flyers and I want those event flyers to show up when I post the thread url in facebook. What do i need to do so facebook can see the thread attachments like it did previously? Is TP  causing this to be blocked now?

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 04, 2012, 10:28:28 AM
9. I don't have that problem when testing some URL's out on my facebook. Not sure what to tell you.

I think have my have figured out what the problem is. But I don't know where to go to fix it. When ever I click on and image attachment a new browse window opens up with 2.0.2 and tp. In 1.1.11 and no TP the image attachment would stay on the same page, just the image would get bigger is all. So here is a typical url opening now in a new browser when I click an image http://mydomain***.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=340.0;attach=594;image  The topic url is this http://mydomain***.com/index.php?topic=340.0

I was thinking that what is happening is basically the attachment is not actually with the topic url. So when I paste the topic url facebook is not seeing the image because its not there.

How can a change it to the old style where a new browser window doesn't open up. I don't really like that style anyway. I want the image to enlarge in the post.

I really need to fix this. Because as I said. I post up coming events in the forum and attach the event flyers. When I copy the thread url in facebook I need to have flyer image show up. But all that is showing is the website logo. Before it would let me choose between the website logo and the image in the topic post.

Bigguy

Please create your own topic for this instead of taking over someone else's, thank you.

koupe377

Big Guy what are you talking about? Isn't this the Tiny Portal thread for all things Tiny Portal? Its one big TP melting pot with 92 pages of people asking different questions about different issues in relation to it.

lbuisson

Hi

I have an issue since I install new update (   1.107) Tinyportal (before I was 1.083)

Now I have blank column before left column :( (on Safari, Mozilla and IE)

Somebody can help me?

Website is : http://www.polaris-site.com

IchBin™

Looks like you are using a theme that was modified to work with the old tinyportal. You need to remove the parts in your index.template.php that add the old tinyportal sidebars.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

lbuisson

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 17, 2012, 04:35:56 PM
Looks like you are using a theme that was modified to work with the old tinyportal. You need to remove the parts in your index.template.php that add the old tinyportal sidebars.
Great thank you !

I didn't remember I done that several years ago :)

Bigguy

Quote from: koupe377 on April 11, 2012, 12:31:43 AM
Big Guy what are you talking about? Isn't this the Tiny Portal thread for all things Tiny Portal? Its one big TP melting pot with 92 pages of people asking different questions about different issues in relation to it.

lmao, so it is. I guess I lost my place there, lol....continue. :)

IchBin™

koupe377, i honestly havent messed with the image resize options for a long time. I can only suggest you alter them to see when the behavior changes based on the size.

koupe377

Its not a resize issue. Its a - image opening up in a new window issue. Its an issue where as before when i had 1.1.11 and no portal, When you clicked on an image attached to a post the image would stay in that post on the page. But now with 2.o and TP when you click on an image in thread/post a whole new browse window (not a tab) opens up to the size of the image. Then you close that browser window when youre done with the looking at it.  Therefore the image not being on the actual thread page this is why it does not come up as one of the images to chose from when I post the thread link on  facebook.

I need to know how to make TP, SMF leave the image on the post page and not a new browser window.

agridoc

koupe377 attachment image opening in new pop up window is SMF 2.0x behavior, different than 1.1x, not added by TP. See above http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=27642.msg3316610#msg3316610, click on attachment. I don't know some way or mod to overcome this, I suggest to open a topic in SMF 2.x Support board.

You may disable thumbnails and choose a pixel size for display in
Administration Center » Features and Options » Layout
I don't know if this will bring the desired result in Facebook and also be an acceptable way to display attachments in your forum.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

jackregan

Hi... I'm having a small problem.

When I look at articles in a category and try to go on to the next page (e.g. Page 2) I get a 403: Forbidden code.

Any ideas?
Bible Study, Catholic News, Youth Group Stuff (my humble attempt at an SMF site... I'm grateful to the amazing people who have made SMF what it is!!

koupe377

I went in to admin > features and options > layout but there is no disable thumbnails option. Thanks for you help. I will try this in smf 2 support. thank you

IchBin™

Quote from: jackregan on April 18, 2012, 08:40:07 AM
Hi... I'm having a small problem.

When I look at articles in a category and try to go on to the next page (e.g. Page 2) I get a 403: Forbidden code.

Any ideas?

Sounds like mod_security on the server is keeping you from having certain characters either in your post or URL. Forbidden means your server is not allowing you to view the page because of something it's configured to keep you from seeing. Contact your host and ask them if they have mod_security turned on, and if so how to fix your problem.

Biology Forums

I believe I left one of the blocks open to be edited by anyone and someone went into the tiny-portal admin and hacked the coding, leading to a continuous php loop somewhere - this in turn lead to millions of dump files being created and account suspension... Anyway, is there a way of disabling tiny-portal totally so that index.template.php loads without it completely, I need for now so that I can screen through where this occurred.

IchBin™

There's no way to disable TP like that. There is an option to disable all blocks though if you are the admin. You can simply add "noblocks" to the URL.

http://yoursite.com/index.php?noblocks

AMWebby

I'm currently running SMF 1.1.16 but considering upgrading to SMF2 and ditching my current CMS (Joomla) in favour of something like Tiny Portal.

One requirement I have is to develop a mobile version of the portal and forum. I currently use the wap2 version of SMF wrapped in a mobile theme for Joomla, which you can see here, http://m.amoc.org/forum

I'd like to achieve the same thing with Tiny Portal and SMF 2, has anyone successfully adapted Curve or smf4iphone to actually work with Tiny Portal, rather than disabling the Tiny Portal blocks?

IchBin™

I don't really see how you could put blocks in a mobile theme. That really defeats the purpose of keeping a mobile theme compact so that it will display on all the different size screens on mobile devices.

Haven't seen anyone do anything like what you are suggesting. sorry.

AMWebby

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 29, 2012, 12:48:24 PM
I don't really see how you could put blocks in a mobile theme. That really defeats the purpose of keeping a mobile theme compact so that it will display on all the different size screens on mobile devices.

Haven't seen anyone do anything like what you are suggesting. sorry.

You can do it by using HTML5, CSS3 and media queries to resize the contents and rearrange the blocks dependant on screen width.

I've done it with the current AMOC site, as you can see if you follow the link.

Looks like I'll have to bake my own.

bloc

Since TP use a table for its layout, using css to change the sidebars into "bottom-bars" will be difficult, unless you rewrite the TP template for panels. If its CSS based however, that would work.

But also much of the TP block size code and in part also the block content itself, would need to be less rigid, so it fits within a liquid layout.

Due to that I opted a long time ago to just turn off the blocks in TP, for mobile devices. But theres no reason why they can't be added still - just needs more work on aforementioned areas.

AMWebby

I have got some css code that turns tables into display blocks using media queries but it does sound as if I could re-engineer the tiny portal blocks. I'll set up a sandpit next week and have a play around.

Advertisement: