News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koupe377

By the way. back from page 91 I had some questions on the shout ox not being able to see the font. I finally had the time to do the fix. As was said just had to make some changes to the .css for the shout box. I changed the background to black and the border to white. Works and looks good now. thanks

IchBin™

Glad you figured it out.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

warhonowicz

I get a strange error message in my log which seems to be related to TP

http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=9
8: Undefined index:
File: /home/mmc/public_html/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php
Line: 174

What could this be and how do I fix it?
Tell me and I will forget
Show me and I might remember
But involve me and I will understand

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

What version of TP are you using? IIRC that error was fixed in one of the RC's a while ago. It comes from you not having all the layout options selected in your category settings. If you are running TP1.0 just update your category layout settings and it should be fixed.

Biology Forums

Quote from: warhonowicz on May 24, 2012, 03:14:08 PM
I get a strange error message in my log which seems to be related to TP

8: Undefined index:
File: /home/mmc/public_html/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php
Line: 174

What could this be and how do I fix it?

Perhaps the coding you've added in one of your blocks is conflicting... Do you have any PHP-based blocks?

warhonowicz

Quote from: IchBin™ on May 24, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
What version of TP are you using? IIRC that error was fixed in one of the RC's a while ago. It comes from you not having all the layout options selected in your category settings. If you are running TP1.0 just update your category layout settings and it should be fixed.

I am using TP 1.107. I have updated my category layout settings and deleted the log entries. Hopefully that will have fixed it.

Quote from: Liam_michael on May 24, 2012, 07:46:12 PM
Perhaps the coding you've added in one of your blocks is conflicting... Do you have any PHP-based blocks?

I've got two PHP based blocks. One displays the top 15 contributors on the forum and the other random pictures from the gallery (smf gallery lite).

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

warhonowicz, you can test if it worked by hitting the URL to your site that you posted in your error.

Liam_michael,
The error doesn't have anything to do with blocks if you look at the code it's pointing to in the file.

warhonowicz

thanks to a bank holiday weekend in Germany I was away for a few days ... the error still comes up, with a slight variation

http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=-9.9
2: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given
File: /home/mmc/public_html/Themes/default/TPBlockLayout.template.php
Line: 82

When I go to http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=9 I get a page with the article categories listed across the top but no content, when I go to http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=-9.9 I get an error page

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (cat)

In the categories I have selected:

a name
a parent where applicable
do not use an icon
sort by date in descending order
5 articles per page
short name 17
Layout A
Normal article layout
Display child categories where applicable
Display left, top, upper and right panel (I do not use the lower and bottom)
Membergroups as needed

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

Can you show me a screenshot of those category settings?

Why is your category named -9.9 ? That could be it I suppose. TP may not handle the name properly in order for you to use a title name like that.

warhonowicz

Sorry, been away with work, here's the screenshots. As far as I know I do not have a category name -9.9

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

Quote from: warhonowicz on June 01, 2012, 02:49:45 AM
<snip>... As far as I know I do not have a category name -9.9

Umm what? lol You have confused me based on this reply:

Quote from: warhonowicz on May 28, 2012, 02:46:07 PM
When I go to http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=9 I get a page with the article categories listed across the top but no content, when I go to http://www.mmc.uk.com/index.php?cat=-9.9 I get an error page

Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (cat)

In that reply you are showing that you are trying to hit a category named - 9.9. But according to your screenshot you don't even have any categories named 9xx or - 9xx. Maybe you are using the short name for them?

The bottom screenshot that you provided is only showing the category settings for category 1. MMC (or shortname 17). Can you clarify what is going on here? lol

warhonowicz

I started off with this being part of an error message

you then replied that I could test by calling that URL so I did ...

however, I am not knowingly or intentionally calling this URL (apart from for testing) something in my forum does ... and I would like to know what so I can stop it and stop the error messages from popping up. Since these categories are part of Tinyportal I thought this was the correct place to ask.

I provided a screenshot of the details of one category as an example as I thought that was what you asked for the in the last post, I can provide all 13 of them if required. There is no category with a name of 9 or 9.9 nor one with a short name of 9 or 9.9 so I couldn't show you the details for that specific one

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

Ok, would you show me the error that you get in your log for a specific category that exists? And then show me the category settings so I can try to replicate the problem?

warhonowicz

I do not have errors relating to existing categories, only the one relating to the -9.9 category which does not exist.

What seems interesting is, all of them are from GUEST, none from a registered user

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

fmofmpls

Is there a way to have the shout box refresh itself in intervals? Or is this only obtained through a page re-fresh?

WillyP

Do a search in the mods for ajax shoutbox.

IchBin™

Quote from: fmofmpls on June 03, 2012, 11:03:55 AM
Is there a way to have the shout box refresh itself in intervals? Or is this only obtained through a page re-fresh?

Currently no. There is ajax added to the next version of TP for this though, but I'm not sure how long until I start the next release cycle of TP 1.1. You can see the ajax stuff in action at the tinyportal.net site.

IchBin™

Quote from: warhonowicz on June 03, 2012, 10:50:22 AM
I do not have errors relating to existing categories, only the one relating to the -9.9 category which does not exist.

Finding this code in Sources/TPortal.php and changing it will silence the errors until a better fix is put in to handle the errors.

Code (find) Select
// get the category first
$request =  $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT * FROM {db_prefix}tp_variables
WHERE '. $catid .' LIMIT 1',
array('cat' => $cat)
);

Code (replace with) Select
array('cat' => is_numeric($cat) ? (int) $cat : $cat)
);

warhonowicz

Quote from: IchBin™ on June 04, 2012, 11:36:30 AM

Finding this code in Sources/TPortal.php and changing it will silence the errors until a better fix is put in to handle the errors.

Code (find) Select
array('cat' => $cat)
);

Code (replace with) Select
array('cat' => is_numeric($cat) ? (int) $cat : $cat)
);

I tried that and got this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /home/mmc/public_html/Sources/TPortal.php on line 1032

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

IchBin™

Attach your file please.

Advertisement: