News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

neoz,

What Kindred says is correct of course.  However, there are several language files in English that are specifically for TinyPortal that come with the package that should be translated for your language.

I can tell you which files need to be translated to your language for full use of TinyPortal on your Forum, if you will register and login over at our site --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=forum

Once you are there, post a topic to our support board and one of the other Support people, or myself, will be able to help you with this.

The image attached below shows the TinyPortal language files that need to be translated to your language once your Forum is using the language files of your own language.  If you don't use utf8, you will not have to translate those.  Any questions about how to do this, please ask here or over at TinyPortal.net and someone will help you.

ZarPrime

ktm450ds

Sorry if this has been answered, but I'm new to this. I tried to load the tinyportal and after uninstalling it I can't see to get my forum to load. Is there any way to fix this?

IchBin™

If your forum doesn't load something went wrong with the uninstall process. I'd restore the backup you made before you made any changes. You did back things up right?
IchBin™        TinyPortal

SirAlahn

Having recently installed TinyPortal on my site, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to make two "Recent Topics" blocks, both of which pull from only select (and different) boards from which to display the topics. Is that possible? I found some resources about modifying the SSI.php code in order to display only topics form certain boards for one block, but the example codes were dissimilar enough from mine that I do not feel comfortable editing it myself. Help even to do that would be extremely welcome.

To any who respond, thank you in advance! Your help is greatly appreciated.

ZarPrime

If you are wanting the blocks in the top, upper, lower, or bottom panel, you could just use use the ssi recent topics code for that.  Unfortunately, the output wouldn't be suitable for a left of right panel block because the output is not really formatted correctly for that.  For instance, to get topics from Board #3, ...

Code (Change This) Select
ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $include_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo');

Code (To This) Select
ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $include_boards = 3, $output_method = 'echo');

If you want something for the left or right panel, there is a block code snippet on http://www.tinyportal.net that should work fine for what you want to do.  It's at this link --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=33026.0

If you have questions about how to use it, you can post in this topic --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=33024.0

ZarPrime

Sir Osis of Liver

Trying to install TP1.0 on a clean 2.0.7 forum, getting error  for /Sources/QueryString.php.  Reason for this?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

lurkalot

Quote from: Krash. on February 19, 2014, 11:35:21 PM

Trying to install TP1.0 on a clean 2.0.7 forum, getting error  for /Sources/QueryString.php.  Reason for this?

Reason is TP hasn't been updated to run on 2.0.7 yet. It will be soon though.  However the patch was updated to work with TP, so as a work around, uninstall the 2.0.7 patch, install TP 1.0, then reinstall the 2.0.7 patch. ;)

Sir Osis of Liver

<sigh>

It wasn't patched, it's an original 2.0.7 install.  I can do the edit manually, but will it work?

- R. Waters

Kindred

Krash - you missed the point, I think.

TP will install on a 2.0.6 forum and then the 2.0.7 patch will work with it.
TP will not currently  install on any version of 2.0.7 (patched or fresh install)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IchBin™

Working on an update now. Fixes are in for the 2.0.7 SMF update. And updated some things in TP. Mostly shoutbox updates to make it use ajax etc. News is on TP frontpage if you want to check it out. Just waiting for some more testing to make sure everything is ok before release.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on February 20, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
Krash - you missed the point, I think.

No, I didn't.  If I understand correctly, would have to downgrade from 2.0.7 to 2.0.6 by installing 2.0.6 upgrade package, install TP, then 2.0.7 upgrade patch, then reinstall mods and code edits.  Hardly seems worth it.

Quote from: IchBin™ on February 20, 2014, 11:24:01 PM
Working on an update now. Fixes are in for the 2.0.7 SMF update. And updated some things in TP. Mostly shoutbox updates to make it use ajax etc. News is on TP frontpage if you want to check it out. Just waiting for some more testing to make sure everything is ok before release.

Will take a look tonight.

- R. Waters

Erron

Hiyas, any update on the update for 2.0.7?

i did a full patch to 2.0.7 and we use tinyportal for many integral parts of the site.

Apologies for hassling you, just desperate :)

Kindred

if you did a patch, then you should be fine...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

IchBin™

Latest update is here. Code isn't released yet, but available for testing on Github if you are brave. :)
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35301

MoreBloodWine

TP needs updating, the edit to sources/QueryString.php looks for

$buffer = preg_replace

but here's what exisits

$buffer = preg_replace_callback
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

lurkalot

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on March 01, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

$buffer = preg_replace

but here's what exisits

Thanks. We are aware.  Did you read the posts above by any chance. ;)

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: lurkalot on March 01, 2014, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: MoreBloodWine on March 01, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

$buffer = preg_replace

but here's what exisits

Thanks. We are aware.  Did you read the posts above by any chance. ;)
Did just now, when I made that post I just came here and hit reply from page one then left to go back to my site heh.

Got TP workin ok though with the manual edit.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

lurkalot

Glad you got it working.  The update shouldn't be too long, we've just got to test things a bit more and we'll be there.  I think you'll like some of the changes made to the new version. ;)

Biology Forums

How do I activate tinyportal panels to appear in the 'help' action?

Biology Forums

Figured it out: Go to Tportal.php --> Find if (in_array($context['TPortal']['a --> Remove 'help'

Advertisement: