News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: Steve on October 04, 2015, 09:48:22 AM
The instructions say I must uninstall any previous version. If I do that, then install 1.1, am I going to have to rebuild all my blocks?

No Steve, your blocks will still be there.  (provided you don't tick the "Remove all data associated with this modification" box) you should be fine. I would however back up your TP files before uninstalling it, just in case you have any images stored in the tp-files folder, downloads folder etc.  Just to be on the safe side. ;)

Steve

Cool beans. Thanks. :D
DO NOT pm me for support!

lurkalot

Hi all.  Just a quick heads up. We are currently working on a update for Tinyportal 1.1 to sort out a few minor bugs etc, this release will be winging its way to you very soon. 

Also wanted to mention, that if any of you are currently testing SMF 2.1 Beta 2.  Thanks to Illori and the team who have done a fantastic job converting Tinyportal to run on this version of SMF.  You can find it here on our Github Repository if you'd like to try it out.  I will stress that as SMF 2.1 Beta 2 is just that, it's a beta, and shouldn't be used on a live site. Please let us know what you think, should you decide to test it. ;)

Ken.

We are working on TinyPortal every day, trying to make it even easier to use, and easier to find your way through all the options and features... and TP has lots of features!
And don't forget that our TinyPortal Docs are getting a complete rebuild and include lots of images to make the Docs topics even easier to understand.
Like this page detailing our Articles System:
A Beginners Guide to the TinyPortal Article Management System.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

ArkServer

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare template_editcategory() (previously declared in /home/public_html/.com/community/Sources/Load.php(2383) : eval()'d code:6) in /home/public_html/.com/community/Sources/Load.php(2383) : eval()'d code on line 1640

Installed without any problems and no errors were given but i cant access the settings page

Kindred

Looks like you may have installed the new version without uninstalling the old version first...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ArkServer

Quote from: Kindred on November 02, 2015, 02:33:45 PM
Looks like you may have installed the new version without uninstalling the old version first...

no fresh install but i fixed it. There was a mod that uses the same function name as this one and it conflicted, i rewrote it and it works now.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Ken.

Update:

Just wanted to let you know that our work on the Docs Boards continues.
We've now completed populating the boards for the TinyPortal 1.1 Docs and have started a review process that entails reviewing each page/topic in the Docs and proofreading the page to ensure that all details are correct and that the content accurately addresses the question posed by that Doc.

We are now on what we are calling "Docs Update Phase 3", meaning that this is our third run-through as we make every effort to give you a Docs Board that will give you the answers you need as you work to improve your SMF/TP site. 

If you see anything amiss, or have a subject or question that you think we should cover, please let us know.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

lurkalot

The TinyPortal Team is pleased to announce the released of TinyPortal 1.2

What's new in TP 1.2

•Many bug fixes
•Fix Latest comments link
•Fix Delete comments button for guests
•Restore redirect when editing articles
•Remove broken CAPTCHA
•Remove permissions for guests
•Fix minor issues with installer
•Move css to css folder
•Update the css for shoutbox and article comments
•Align long items in menu block
•Minor changes to category header when looking at article listing
•Fix error related to layout
•PNG images uploaded may have a transparent background now
•Add avatar to user block
•Add top posters block code
•Fix Do not use SMF templates error
•fixes for the recent topics block, update to be similar to SSI.

njtweb

Been using this mod for the past week now and I'm VERY pleased. Excellent development and incorporates very well with my theme and overall need(s). I used a different portal and wasn't happy with it and was recently directed to tinyportal. Thankfully I have come across this gem.

and most importantly.....

THE SUPPORT IS AWESOME!!

Jade Elizabeth

Hey having issues with undefined indexes...when unattaching images...

URL: /index.php?action=dlattach;topic=216.0;attach=112;image
8: Undefined index: forum_name
File: /Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php
Line: 305

==>305:   $txt['whoall_forum'] = 'Viewing the board index of <a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . $context['forum_name'] . '</a>.';

Can you please help me fix it? :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

lurkalot

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on January 14, 2016, 11:05:22 PM

Can't say I've ever seen this error on any of the TP sites so far.  Might be clashing with some other mod you have installed.  A list of your mods might be handy please.

Illori

Quote from: lurkalot on January 15, 2016, 03:45:53 AM

Can't say I've ever seen this error on any of the TP sites so far.  Might be clashing with some other mod you have installed.  A list of your mods might be handy please.

this i dont believe has anything to do with mods installed. it is an issue that has no solution at this time. it has been reported on tp.net a few times. i had someone that knows more then i do look into it and they could not find a solution.

lurkalot

Quote from: Illori on January 15, 2016, 06:01:46 AM

this i dont believe has anything to do with mods installed. it is an issue that has no solution at this time. it has been reported on tp.net a few times. i had someone that knows more then i do look into it and they could not find a solution.
Quote from: Illori on January 15, 2016, 06:01:46 AM

Yes I know, sorry.  My post should have been, Can't say I've ever seen this error problem on any of the TP sites so far. 

I was referring to the un-attaching of images, causing the error. ;)

Bloc

Hey having issues with undefined indexes...when unattaching images...

URL: /index.php?action=dlattach;topic=216.0;attach=112;image
8: Undefined index: forum_name
File: /Themes/default/languages/TPortal.english.php
Line: 305

==>305:   $txt['whoall_forum'] = 'Viewing the board index of <a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . $context['forum_name'] . '</a>.';

The reason the error shows is simply that $context['forum_name'] isn't defined when the action=dlattach is performed(its just managing the attachment after all). Two ways to solve it, check the variable in the TP language file, or move the whole string to its proper place inside Who.english.php.

For example...

$txt['whoall_forum'] = 'Viewing the board index of <a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . (!empty($context['forum_name']) ? $context['forum_name'] : 'the site') . '</a>.';

Jade Elizabeth

That looks like it will work perfectly! :D

Thank you Bjorn!

Lurkalot I've seen it posted a lot as well, but never with a solution either. Also by unattach I mean clicking to view the attachment, in SMF that's called unattaching for some reason ha ha. Sorry if that was a bit unclear!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

Hey does this change the forums title? If so how can I disable it interfering with the title at all? I've installed Optimus Brave and I want that to handle the title, and something is adding the forum name before the title and it's super annoying. This is the last thing I can think of.

Advertisement: