News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Cool. Glad you got it figured out. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

lurkalot

Just a quick heads up for Tinyportal fans.

The Tinyportal team is pleased to announce the first public beta test of Tinyportal 1.2R.  This version has many improvements over the original version.

What's new in this version.

• The portal becomes responsive when used with a responsive theme.
  • Side blocks stack when viewed on a mobile / small screen.
  • Tables removed from the portal code.
  • Viewport added = Passes the Google Mobile friendly test.
  • Various bug fixes.
  • Dynamic ID's for pages (frontpage, forum, board, cats, topics, profile, pm, calendar, members list, search, downloads and articles) and specific ID's for blocks.

Check it out here, http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=35780.0

forumside

Thanks for update.
I am glad to see you are removing outdated tabled layout!
Hope you will release it finally soon for production use!

Biology Forums

Is this version loaded on the TinyPortal website already?

lurkalot

Quote from: Stylus on June 09, 2016, 09:16:15 AM
Is this version loaded on the TinyPortal website already?
If you mean the beta? no not at the moment.  It's here on my testsite though, http://cctestsite.info/testsite2/index.php

lurkalot

Thanks, Glad you think so.  Forgot to say, also installed here, http://guitaristguild.com/

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

cyberpunk20

I just installed TP in my new forum but I have some problem, it seems the icons are not showing. I attached a screenshot. Hope you could help me thanks!

Apllicmz

Yes try puty default themes...
that problems is themes not TP

uamsameter

hi there,
i use tinyportal on my forum, so i have a frontpage. however, i'm looking for a way to display my boards in a block on the frontpage.
i'd really appreciate any help with a mod or any other way to go about it.
thanks.

i want something similar to the image attached.
thanks.
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Arantor

You want to copy Nairaland, a site that hasn't used SMF in years? Copying Nairaland won't make your site popular, either.

uamsameter

Quote from: Arantor on August 21, 2016, 03:03:13 PM
You want to copy Nairaland, a site that hasn't used SMF in years? Copying Nairaland won't make your site popular, either.

Cmon man, I'm not trying to copy. Check my forum to confirm: unibujachat.netne.net

It is a new forum as you can see. I just want to display the categories to help users navigate easily. I know my target community will appreciate it better. I want to get it all together before getting a domain and launching formally.

I tried using the menu editor in the tinyportal but the problem I have with it are:
1. It is a cumbersome task to add all those links to the menu
2. The menu arranges vertically and doesn't look good at the top of the page.

I'd appreciate any help please.

Arantor

That's just been my experience that anyone who wants to copy Nairaland's layout does so because they feel it will boost their forum... and in 7 years I've yet to see anyone who actually wants to copy Nairaland's layout without that in mind.

Nairaland does it that way because they have many, many, many boards and even more topics in those boards. Doing it on a forum that has almost no content would actually discourage people going there.

uamsameter

@Arantor Well bruv, I didn't ask whether to use it or not.
Ifyou got help, please give.
Thanks

uamsameter

Hello people,
Is there a way I can have a title for my front page links which is actually different from the original topic?
I need this in order to catch users attention with more captivating titles.
Thanks

uamsameter

Hello people.
I guess this is not the place for this question but I hope I can get help.

I use tinyportal which allows me to add selected topics to the frontpage.
I'm looking for a way to edit the topics of posts before adding it to the frontpage while retaining the original topic in the forum.

The aim is to put a more captivating topic on frontpage to encourage users read it.

Please reply if you have help to offer. There's no help in the TP thread, so no need to redirect me there.

Thanks

Irisado

Your post has been merged into the correct topic and split from the topic you posted it in.  Please avoid hijacking the topics of others in the future.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

uamsameter

Hello people.
I have another issue. Hopefully this one is a lot easier but I'm a newbie and cant find a way to solve it.

I created a block on my top panel using tinyportal.  In this block, I added links using BBCode. I noticed these links open in new tabs/window when clicked.

Can someone, please, tell me how to make the links open in the same window and not in a new tab.

Shambles

Try using the [iurl][/iurl] bbcode rather than the [url][/url] bbcode

Advertisement: