News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Note for the TinyPortal crew: the TP support forum @ http://tinyportal.net/ is not reachable?

QuoteNotice: This domain name expired on 08/31/16 and is pending renewal or deletion
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

skb

Correct. I get the same message. Time for renewal I guess.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

uamsameter

Thanks Shambles.. I appreciate
Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on September 07, 2016, 03:52:58 AM
Note for the TinyPortal crew: the TP support forum @ http://tinyportal.net/ is not reachable?

QuoteNotice: This domain name expired on 08/31/16 and is pending renewal or deletion

Quote from: skb on September 07, 2016, 04:35:56 AM
Correct. I get the same message. Time for renewal I guess.

Sorry everyone, I failed to keep an eye on the renewal date.  :-[ It should be sorted tomorrow. (Touches wood).

uamsameter

hi there,
i am looking for a way to centralise the link on my tinyportal frontpage. i tried using "inspect elements" on google chrome and i did it successfully but after downloading the tp-style.css file and uploading it, the links still align to the left.

please tell me the way to do it. thanks.

Shambles

^ when you inspect the element, is the console showing that the styling is coming from tp-style.css or some other .css file (it also shows you the line number in whatever file)?

Also, remember you may have to refresh your browser's cache to see an updated stylesheet ;)

uamsameter

thanks for your reply.
it highlights "user agent stylesheet" but i cant find a way to edit that.
so i i just did edit as HTML to the "tp_container" and after adding align= "center" and width="100%". the links got centralised.

i dont know exactly if the edit was tp-style.css.

where is user agent stylesheet located?

uamsameter

better still, please tell me which file to save and replace.
i saved the index.css, tp-style.css, webkit.css, responsive.css after making the edit and replaced them through ftp but still the links align left.

d3vcho

Can you leave an URL to your site so we can have a better look at it?

Also, please tell us which element you want to change.

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

uamsameter

Okay dv3cho this is the link

You will find a list of links on the frontpage which are aligned left.
I would like to have these links centralised. Thanks

d3vcho

Alright, there are many links xD

Are these links?

If so, go to tp-style.css and search for .blockbody - Should be around line 1634
Then, add text-align: center;

uamsameter

Thanks d3vcho.
  I will do this.
I also want the links below this... the "featured post" links to align centrally.  Thanks

d3vcho

Great!

Again in tp-style.css around line 17, search for .tp_container and add the same - text-align: center;

uamsameter

Thanks d3vcho.
worked perfectly!
You seem to have the solution to my css issues.

Can I send u a PM?

d3vcho

I prefer you to post them here if the issue is related to TinyPortal, or in the right section if it's related with any aspect of the forum.

That's better because I may have not the solution or I make a mistake, so other users can correct me and give you a more accurate solution.

Also, I just used the Inspect Element option to help you. It's very easy to use.

I hope you understand :)

lurkalot

Quote from: uamsameter on September 11, 2016, 03:13:46 AM
hi there,
i am looking for a way to centralise the link on my tinyportal frontpage. i tried using "inspect elements" on google chrome and i did it successfully but after downloading the tp-style.css file and uploading it, the links still align to the left.

please tell me the way to do it. thanks.

As you're using the Unordered list in that BBCode block you can use the center tags on each of those lines, between the list tags like this,

[li][center]your links will be here[/center][/li]

That will save you having to edit any css files manually. ;)

uamsameter

My other request is not tinyportal-related hence my pm request.

My unsolved TP request is.....

Those links you see are topics from forum boards. I want a way to edit the title on the frontpage link while maintaining the topic titles unchanged.
That way, I could put a more captivating title to attract attention.

Any help?

stog

hi -- i have a smf 2.0.13 with tp 1.2 and after disabling template eval.i am getting errors 8: Undefined variable: modSettings
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/--------/htdocs/Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php(127) : eval()'d code
Line: 42

any ideas

thx in advance

Shambles

^ the error you quoted suggests that you haven't disabled template evaluation (see the "eval()'d code" in the message?)

Illori

unless the error is coming from a portal block, not always does the eval go away from that.

Advertisement: