News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king kratos

Quote from: IchBin™ on October 30, 2010, 07:21:20 PM
It must be something with your forum or install. I do not have your problem when viewing my forum with the same versions you are running.

Oh, Ok... Thanks for the info. I'll check some other code and see if it's that then.

Kratos

MoreBloodWine

Maybe I'm missing something but I wanted to look into something in regards to the TP blocks for 0.9.8 and last time I was told to look in a fiel called tp-style.css and I remember fixing the issue but I cant find the CSS file. Maybe I'm thinking of something wrong but I want to look into the padding for the blocks to see if I can lessen the dead space / padding around the text of a block. Like right now I have just Hello... written in a block but it looks as if it has about 10px or so of padding around the sides and I want to try to squeeze it down a bit to get a tad more space in the blocks... Thx.

Now for the actual question, can anyone help me because this is really bothering me about the CSS thing and I dont know if I'm going nuts or remembering soemthin wrong... Thx.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Ken.

MoreBloodWine, if you're asking where the tp-style.css is located, you'll find it in the ../themes/default folder.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Ken. on October 31, 2010, 08:16:42 PM
MoreBloodWine, if you're asking where the tp-style.css is located, you'll find it in the ../themes/default folder.
Thats just the thing, I'm not... but I know I edited it once before... I even did a generalized find ./ -iname *.css on my entire account and didnt find a tp-styles anywhere.

Edit: Did TP 0.9.8 even have a tp-style.css ?

For all I know when I was playing around with CSS beflre it might have been on a test site with Tp 1x

If that is the case where is the blockbody css handled for TP 0.9.8 ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

agridoc

No, tp-style.css was added in 1.0, TP 0.9.8 didn't have it, you will find TP add-ons in style.css of the theme.

Check also the TPortalBlocks.template.php and TPortal.template.php for block layout.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: agridoc on November 01, 2010, 12:48:21 AM
No, tp-style.css was added in 1.0, TP 0.9.8 didn't have it, you will find TP add-ons in style.css of the theme.

Check also the TPortalBlocks.template.php and TPortal.template.php for block layout.
Thx, I was playing around with TPortalBlocks.template.php last night  but didnt quite find what I was after. I'll check it ut again later along with the other file. Specifically what I'm after is getting rid of the style="padding: 4px;" on the blocks.

IchBin™

That could be the padding that is set in the tinyportal panel settings too, so don't forget to check that.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: IchBin™ on November 01, 2010, 11:27:07 AM
That could be the padding that is set in the tinyportal panel settings too, so don't forget to check that.
I'll look again but I dont recall any padding settings in 098 but I'll look again.

I just hope I can find it heh...

Edit: I found what you were talkin about Itch and while it is a 4px padding it's a left padding to set how far the blocks should be fro mthe sides of the forum.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: agridoc on November 01, 2010, 12:48:21 AM

Ok, so after checking the style.css in both my custom theme and the default theme and even checking the TPortalBlocks.template.php and TPortal.template.php files I wasnt able to find the blockbody 4px padding. Hopefully Bloc can come in here and lend a hand with where the blockbody css is for 0.9.8

Edit: NM, I figured it out...

Rafferty

smf 2.0 RC4 fresh install and reinstall TP 1.0 RC1

On installing TP on upgrade smf 2.0 RC4 frontpage has left side of title blocks missing as in the attached screenshot. other smf pages are ok this only effects the home page. ???
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Jason kiDD

How did you get it to work for RC4?

Forget it I figured it was just a simple change in the xml file for now until there is a approved update...   O:)

Rafferty

I didnt do anything it just worked apart from this problem and a few blocks that no longer work

agridoc

Strange, it shouldn't work as it is.

If someone wants to try TP 1.0 RC1 with SMF 2.0 RC4 but

NOTICE: that's not official and not tested well, nor Bloc has approved it, so use it only in a test site.

With quick little modifications of package-info.xml (replacing RC3 with RC4, I should have added but...) and /SMF2RC3/tinyportal200rc3.mod replacing
// Require a user who is logged in. (not a guest.)
function is_not_guest($message = '')
{
global $user_info, $txt, $context;

with
{
global $user_info, $txt, $context, $scripturl;

TP 1.0 RC1 installed successfully in a new SMF 2.0 RC4 test installation.  8)

Of course more tests must be done but, at first glance, it seems that not much has to be done for 2.0 RC4 compatibility  :)
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

Rafferty

a bit of a trap, i just went to uninstall tp from rc4 and got

QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!
Please contact the mod author for more information.

agridoc

ADD ON: Go to advanced options and choose Emulate version: SMF 2.0 RC3. It probably is the way you got it installed. Otherwise look below.

You probably edited package-info.xml of TP 1.0 RC1 for RC4 in "<install for=", otherwise it shoudn't go on with installation, but you didn't edit accordingly "<uninstall for=". Even so installation must have given errors for Security.php, if no other edit was made.

If so download the TP file /Packages, unzip it, edit the "<uninstall for=" section for RC4, rezip with the same zip file name and reupload in/Packages replacing existing files.

Other wise, delete existing TP file from SMF, do a large 2.0 RC4 upgrade and you may try the editing I have suggested, reading the NOTICE first.

Rafferty

emulating rc3 did the trick, at least i have the uninstall now although there are some tests failed but thats no biggy, thx a lot

Rafferty

IT may be quicker for me to just add this line change in the page, which file does it update?

Quote from: agridoc on November 03, 2010, 04:06:44 AM
Strange, it shouldn't work as it is.

If someone wants to try TP 1.0 RC1 with SMF 2.0 RC4 but

NOTICE: that's not official and not tested well, nor Bloc has approved it, so use it only in a test site.

With quick little modifications of package-info.xml (replacing RC3 with RC4, I should have added but...) and /SMF2RC3/tinyportal200rc3.mod replacing
{
global $user_info, $txt, $context;

with
{
global $user_info, $txt, $context, $scripturl;

TP 1.0 RC1 installed successfully in a new SMF 2.0 RC4 test installation.  8)

Of course more tests must be done but, at first glance, it seems that not much has to be done for 2.0 RC4 compatibility  :)

Jason kiDD

Was using TP 1.52b before and this installed without a problem and all blocks work for now for TP RC1 and SMF RC4..
Just edited the xml file and so far so good...

L'AltroWeb

Hi!
I remember that "Bloc" had abandoned this project but now i see this new release :P
What happening?  ;D
Bloc: you turn back to work with TinyPortal? :)
Anyway, thank you very much, tp is still the best portal for SMF  ;)
---
Can i make a large upgrade to latest SMF 2.0 RC4 and last TP 1.0 RC1 without data loss?  ::)

ZarPrime

Dark-Wolf,

At this time, TinyPortal 1.0 RC1 works on either SMF 1.1.11 or SMF 2.0 RC3.  Bloc has not yet finished checking the code to determine whether any edits will be required for SMF 2.0 RC4 (and 1.1.12).  However, even though the upgrade to RC4 isn't recommended yet, several people have done it and it seems to work fine with just a few small glitches.  You may have to manually install some of the code.  This link on the TP Support Site may be of interest to you --> http://www.tinyportal.co.uk/index.php?topic=33343.0

Lesmond and I setup a site to do some testing.  Hold on, let me go and disable registration.  OK, the link is here --> http://tp98.forums-4-free.info/smfrc4/index.php

I'd say only do it on a test site for now unless you're satisfied.

ZarPrime

Advertisement: