News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

TinyPortal

Started by lurkalot, February 12, 2005, 04:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramber

Couple more little things I noticed.

When I post a forum post to the front page and it gets cut off due to char limits there is not a Read More link at the bottom. I honestly can't remember if that was working prior to upgrading or not.

This one is a little stranger and may just be my sites theme. When I go to edit an article the text area stretches way over off the screen. This only happens with the WYSIWYG editor turned off in my profile. And only with BBC articles.

On the /index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=permissions page after submitting this error pops up, everything seems to save though...
/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=permissions
2: mysql_real_escape_string() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
File: /hermes/bosweb/web122/b1220/ipw.orderoft/public_html/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 163

And in case I forgot to tell you earlier, Thanks for continuing to maintain this great mod!

IchBin™

The eval error for 'page' is probably from a block that you have which code needs to be updated.

Still working on the tags problem. The textbox issue, I think is something to do with SMF but I'm not sure. Does the textbox correct itself if you refresh the page? Does it only happen in a certain browser?

I'll see about the permissions error you posted last. Thanks for reporting!

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Dramber

Quote from: IchBin™ on June 30, 2011, 10:19:15 AM
The eval error for 'page' is probably from a block that you have which code needs to be updated.
Hmmm, that's weird. It only happens on /index.php?cat=docs or /index.php?cat=x pages. I have yet to see that error show up when using any other portion of the site. I'll go over all my block codes though.

Still working on the tags problem. The textbox issue, I think is something to do with SMF but I'm not sure. Does the textbox correct itself if you refresh the page? Does it only happen in a certain browser?
I tested in IE, Firefox, and Chrome and it happens in all of them. Refreshing does not fix the layout. It only seems to happen on BBC pages. My PHP and HTML edit pages render just fine.

I'll see about the permissions error you posted last. Thanks for reporting!
No problem and thank you! Just let me know if you need any other information from my site or access. I'm glad to help. ;)

IchBin™

For the tag $value problem.

Sources/TPortalAdmin.php
Code (find) Select
$tag = $value;
$smcFunc['db_insert']('REPLACE',
'{db_prefix}tp_variables',
array('value1' => 'string', 'type' => 'string'),
array('$value', 'globaltag'),
array('id')
);

Change array('$value', 'globaltag') to remove quotes from $value.
Should be array($value, 'globaltag')

Dramber

Yup, that fixed that error.
Thanks!

ShepHeard

Hi Bloc,

Great mod, I like the look of it, and will try and get my head around it soon.

Just one question, is it possible to change the location of the front page? I.e. my forum is hosted @ hxxp:forum.url.com [nonactive], is it possible for the front page to be @ the url e.g. hxxp:www.url.com [nonactive]?

Probably a very basic question...

many thanks,

S

IchBin™

Hi ShepHeard,

Sorry to say that TP is not capable of doing that. TP is just an extension of SMF. The only portal that I know of that could possibly do what you are asking is Simple Portal. If that's what you are looking for, I'd give that mod a try.

ShepHeard

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I'll have a look, but it's no great deal.

Thanks again,

S

ShepHeard

Another question/problem...

I'm trying to manage the files, and when I try to delete the folders I've created, I get "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: cat"...

Kind of weird... what should I do?

[EDIT] And I may be being stupid, but how do I delete individual files?

IchBin™

Sorry, but I don't understand what you talking about when you say you try to "delete the folders I've created".  Are you talking about in the downloads where you've created categories or something?

To delete a file you need to edit the file. Check the box to delete it and click submit. There's no other way at the moment. It needs a mass delete option with check boxes or something I know.... lol

It would help if you also posted what versions of SMF and TP you are running.

ShepHeard

Hi IchBin,

Sorry - it was a busy day yesterday, I should have been more clear..! :)

I'm using SMF 2.0 and TP 1.104.

There are two issues I guess:

1) I went to TP|Manage Files and added a category. However, when I try to delete the category I get "An Error Has Occurred!" && "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: cat". And I can't remove it.

2) I uploaded a file, TP|Manage Files|Upload. However, all I can see is what's in the screen dump below...

There is no option to delete...

I hope this makes more sense...! ;)

Cheers,

S

Hardcase

Excellent mod, have used it for many years but i have a little problem which has shown up since i upgraded both the forum and TP.

I have seached this and the TP forum but cannot find a solution, under 1.1.4 and tp 0.978 ( think those were the ones) i had a block which i used to show charity donations using a widget from "justgiving" now this worked fine, automatically updated and used the html code block.
Now when i choose this option and place the code in the block it blanks out and reduces the code down:

start:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" height="230" width="160" align="middle" data="http://www.justgiving.com/widgets/jgwidget.swf" flashvars="EggId=2127129&IsMS=0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justgiving.com/widgets/jgwidget.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="flashvars" value="EggId=2127129&IsMS=0" /></object>

After adding to block and saving:

<object data="http://www.justgiving.com/widgets/jgwidget.swf" width="160" align="middle" height="230" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="EggId=2127129&amp;IsMS=0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>

Now when saved and activated all i get is a blank box see image.

I've tried all i can think of as a user, i'm not a coder although i can and will edit whats necessary to get it working again.

WillyP

In the bottom row of buttons, in the block editor, there is one for html. Hit that button before you paste your code. Also, make sure you are not blocking the flash with a blocker in your browser. Now that you updated, your blocker may see it as a new page and you will have to add it to your list of unblocked items.

Hardcase

Thanks but i have already done that, switching the block to code instead of WYSIWYG, but this still happens it also happened with another block i tried today for the twitter widget, shortens the code and leaves the block blank. Obviously just doesnt like the coding from widgets...lol

With twitter its written for Javascript so it should work, but alas it does not.

WillyP

Strange, I tested your code on my test site, it works fine.

Xarkurai

Hello!
I noticed that when using this mod and checking the admin section (admin for blocks) that it bugs (not really a bug, but it might be interesting to know).
Not everything is shown in the admin tab and the page isn't stretching.
This appears to happen on all themes smaller then 940-950px in width. Meaning, themes set to 50% (or around it) will also not show the admin blocks with all options for a lot of admins.

I found this issue while I was working at one of my themes.
Also, not sure if this already said.

Attached an image for example. You can see that it is cut off.
Edit: SMF 2.0 ;) .
Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

IchBin™

Quote from: ShepHeard on July 04, 2011, 08:16:02 PM
There are two issues I guess:

1) I went to TP|Manage Files and added a category. However, when I try to delete the category I get "An Error Has Occurred!" && "The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: cat". And I can't remove it.

2) I uploaded a file, TP|Manage Files|Upload. However, all I can see is what's in the screen dump below...

There is no option to delete...

For #1:
Code (find) Select
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
DELETE FROM {db_prefix}tp_dlmanager
WHERE id = {int:cat} LIMIT 1',
array('item' => $cat)
);

Change array('item' => $cat) to array('cat' => $cat)

For #2, you actually have to click on the download item as if you are going to edit the information of that item. There will be a checkbox to delete on that page.

Hardcase

WillyP thanks but i cannot get it to display on two forums so its not just local to the one, both forums are setup the same though, ie both the same theme, ajaxchat, tp and even when switched to curve neither will display the block, the code is still being shortened.

IchBin™

Strange, I'm not having the problem either. I've pasted your code into a block just fine. Do you mind letting me have a look at your forum with a temp admin account? Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to take a look.

Hardcase

no problem at all... pm on way!  ;D

Advertisement: