News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ovrdrv

Really needed mod, thank you.

I use fresh install 2.0.7 with this updated version http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg3067518#msg3067518

Automerge works perfect, but manual merge doen't keep attachments of first post when merging. Only attachments of second post are present in merged post.

Could anyone try to fix it? I will pay 40 dollars for this if anyone interested(by paypal).

margarett

Hi and welcome to SMF,

QuoteOnly attachments of second post are present in merged post.
Does this happen only after installation of this mod?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

KillerKeox

Quote from: margarett on February 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
If you are using 2.0.7 it will fail to find that line:

preg_replace('~

This was replaced in the latest patch to be PHP5.5 compatible.

You need to install with errors (make sure this is the only error you have!!!) and find your line 399

$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~i', create_function('$m', ' return "[time]" . timeformat("$m[1]", false) . "[/time]";'), $parts[$i]);

And comment it out.

Thank you friend, that will help many

live627

Quote from: Ovrdrv on March 01, 2014, 06:51:57 PM
Really needed mod, thank you.

I use fresh install 2.0.7 with this updated version http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg3067518#msg3067518

Automerge works perfect, but manual merge doen't keep attachments of first post when merging. Only attachments of second post are present in merged post.

Could anyone try to fix it? I will pay 40 dollars for this if anyone interested(by paypal).

What is your limit on attachments per post?

VasVadum

Quote from: margarett on February 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
If you are using 2.0.7 it will fail to find that line:

preg_replace('~

This was replaced in the latest patch to be PHP5.5 compatible.

You need to install with errors (make sure this is the only error you have!!!) and find your line 399

$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~i', create_function('$m', ' return "[time]" . timeformat("$m[1]", false) . "[/time]";'), $parts[$i]);

And comment it out.

I was hoping someone would eventually update this so that it would work by default without needing to manually change anything in your files.  I don't like manually changing files in case it breaks the ability to install/uninstall other mods as that happened to me once years ago.

margarett

Unfortunately only the author can do that. There is no license methinks, so that prevents any modification and redistribution of the package.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

VasVadum

Quote from: margarett on March 26, 2014, 07:29:30 PM
Unfortunately only the author can do that. There is no license methinks, so that prevents any modification and redistribution of the package.

And the author is gone? :P

margarett

QuoteLast Active: February 13, 2010, 11:19:25 PM

NekoJonez

Well dayum. Isn't there a way that mods where the mod authors have left the scene can be updated by the community?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

margarett

Well the thing is... If we want to respect copyright (which we do!) we can't allow it. Not only we won't do it as we won't allow distribution here. I'm sorry, it's law.

I'm pretty sure the author won't care. But as long as not explicitly stated, there's nothing we can do.

Now please let's stop this side discussion. The mod works fine with the small manual edit.

NekoJonez

Quote from: margarett on March 29, 2014, 04:38:54 PM
Well the thing is... If we want to respect copyright (which we do!) we can't allow it. Not only we won't do it as we won't allow distribution here. I'm sorry, it's law.

I'm pretty sure the author won't care. But as long as not explicitly stated, there's nothing we can do.

Now please let's stop this side discussion. The mod works fine with the small manual edit.

Thank the lords that there are people who make these workarounds ;)

Twitter
My Blog

ryan_dwight

is this working on smf 2.0.7
using black n black theme?
this is what i got when i attempted to install.

Thanks

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ryan_dwight

ok I used the link and i found one error only
but i cant find the code that to be replaced on line 399
this is a part of it fromline 390 to 404
$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[html\](.+?)\[/html\]~i', create_function('$m', 'return "[html]" . strtr(htmlspecialchars("$m[1]", ENT_QUOTES), array("\\&quot;" => "&quot;", "&amp;#13;" => "<br />", "&amp;#32;" => " ", "&amp;#91;" => "[", "&amp;#93;" => "]")) . "[/html]";'), $parts[$i]);
// $parts[$i] = preg_replace('~\[html\](.+?)\[/html\]~ie', '\'[html]\' . strtr(htmlspecialchars(\'$1\', ENT_QUOTES), array(\'\\&quot;\' => \'&quot;\', \'&amp;#13;\' => \'<br />\', \'&amp;#32;\' => \' \', \'&amp;#38;\' => \'&#38;\', \'&amp;#91;\' => \'[\', \'&amp;#93;\' => \']\')) . \'[/html]\'', $parts[$i]);

// Attempt to un-parse the time to something less awful.
}
}

// Change breaks back to \n's and &nsbp; back to spaces.
return preg_replace('~<br( /)?' . '>~', "\n", str_replace('&nbsp;', ' ', implode('', $parts)));
}

// Fix any URLs posted - ie. remove 'javascript:'.
function fixTags(&$message)
what part should i replace

luuuciano

Quote from: ryan_dwight on April 18, 2014, 12:20:05 PM
what part should i replace

It is pretty clear... the only section that has THAT is the one below "Attempt to un-parse the time to something less awful."
And you do not have to replace, just add // at the begining of that line (that is "comment it out")
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ryan_dwight

thanks

I asked you to what to replace because according to the error manual edit it needs to be replace.

is this a retroactive, I mean those past threads would be affected or just the new ones?

emicd

cant install this mod in 2.0.7.  can you give me some help?

NekoJonez

Which errors do you get good sir?

Twitter
My Blog

emicd

Empty browser screen and the url

www.myforum.com/          index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=AutoMergeDoublePost_v1_3.zip

others mods installed correctly... :(

Advertisement: