Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emicd

-----------------

now it goes! but its says:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

i would use emulation for the version... but the file erros in red?

margarett

You can't really install that that in 2.0.x versions...

This mod was developed for RC1, which suffered some intense changes until 2.0 final. This made it incompatible with recent versions. Since the author is long absent from SM.org and there is no licence that allows update of this mod, I'd advise you a mod request in the specific board.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

emicd

Quote from: margarett on April 30, 2014, 08:38:21 PM
You can't really install that that in 2.0.x versions...

This mod was developed for RC1, which suffered some intense changes until 2.0 final. This made it incompatible with recent versions. Since the author is long absent from SM.org and there is no licence that allows update of this mod, I'd advise you a mod request in the specific board.

so the problem was the interface between the keyboard and the chair.... i mean me heheh

its a extremely usefull mod!!! i cant beleive im the first who is willing it to work on 2.0.x!

ok so i will post a request!

Hristo

The mod works fine with 2.0.6 (i suppose 2.0.7 too), but you have to use the unofficial version which is available to download some posts back in this same thread. There are multiple links pointing to that version on the last few pages of this thread.

emicd

THANKS!!! iwill try the unofficial

Steelio

ok i just installed this mod, apologies for asking this, but can you tell me where i should go to do the corrections as recommended by Margarett below?

Quote from: margarett on February 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
If you are using 2.0.7 it will fail to find that line:

preg_replace('~

This was replaced in the latest patch to be PHP5.5 compatible.

You need to install with errors (make sure this is the only error you have!!!) and find your line 399

$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~i', create_function('$m', ' return "[time]" . timeformat("$m[1]", false) . "[/time]";'), $parts[$i]);

And comment it out.

margarett

Quote from: kamili34 on February 06, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
Have trouble with this on Subs-Post.php

<file name="$sourcedir/Subs-Post.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~ie', '\'[time]\' . timeformat(\'$1\', false) . \'[/time]\'', $parts[$i]);]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[// $parts[$i] = preg_replace('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~ie', '\'[time]\' . timeformat(\'$1\', false) . \'[/time]\'', $parts[$i]);]]></add>
</operation>

I dont have that line. :/

Quote from: margarett on February 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
If you are using 2.0.7 it will fail to find that line:

preg_replace('~

This was replaced in the latest patch to be PHP5.5 compatible.

You need to install with errors (make sure this is the only error you have!!!) and find your line 399

$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~i', create_function('$m', ' return "[time]" . timeformat("$m[1]", false) . "[/time]";'), $parts[$i]);

And comment it out.

Subs-Post.php ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ryan_dwight

Is it possible for this to merge all the member's reply in a thread in a day?

Scenario:
on a day in one thread.
Member A replied
Member B replied
Member A replied
Member B replied
Member A replied
Member B replied

repeating this scenario in a day will not automerge because someone already replied on it.

Is there a chance to have a merge reply button not necessarily automatic.

Thanks

Arantor

Except if you do that, the merging of A's and B's posts will be attributed to one person which is not desirable in most circumstances...

ryan_dwight

Quote from: ‽ on August 28, 2014, 10:50:43 AM
Except if you do that, the merging of A's and B's posts will be attributed to one person which is not desirable in most circumstances...

I mean A and A will be merged.

I don't know how complicated will be but same as the split option where you can select what reply to split but in here merge the 2 replies of the same member.

Arantor

Except if you have A and B interspersed, how can it meaningfully merge A's posts?

Surely, if A and B are having a conversation, and you bunch up A's posts together, you break the flow of conversation.

ryan_dwight

Quote from: ‽ on August 28, 2014, 11:03:30 AM
Except if you have A and B interspersed, how can it meaningfully merge A's posts?

Surely, if A and B are having a conversation, and you bunch up A's posts together, you break the flow of conversation.
You are absolutely right if it is a conversation. But I have some boards that it contains pictures, I mean sharing some pictures.
That is why an option to moderate (a button to manually merge) will be necessary not an automatic merging.

Im sorry if this is not related to the topic. Bit I think they are the same goal.

Arantor

You'd actually need to rewrite the mod to accomplish it because it's not just about having the button there, the underlying code will also refuse to merge the two because they're not consecutive.

It's a huge amount of work for what amounts to an edge case. If you *really* need to do it, you can do it by way of splitting the posts, merging the posts and remerging the topic, but it's not ideal on way too many levels from a user expectation standpoint.

ryan_dwight

Quote from: ‽ on August 28, 2014, 11:16:05 AM
You'd actually need to rewrite the mod to accomplish it because it's not just about having the button there, the underlying code will also refuse to merge the two because they're not consecutive.

It's a huge amount of work for what amounts to an edge case. If you *really* need to do it, you can do it by way of splitting the posts, merging the posts and remerging the topic, but it's not ideal on way too many levels from a user expectation standpoint.

thanks that's what I thought.

hcfwesker

Thank you to those who have made this possible for current SMF versions.   While I understand the whole "we can't add updates to the package" reasoning.  Isn't it possible for the updated package to be submitted as a new mod, just rename the title "Double Post Merger".  Obviously there is code changes that have been made to make it compatible with current versions, so it's not like it's an exact duplicate of the mod.

Arantor

The legality is questionable of doing just that, I'm afraid unless someone can point to anywhere where the mod's licence is stated - and is such that such a thing could be done.

margarett

And morally questionable...

This is why the customization guidelines now enforce a license to be specified 

For this case, as long as no one comes up with a mod of his own, there isn't much we can do :(

ryan_dwight

Is it possible to specify on the license that it will be to the extent of the current smf version? And if a new SMf version will be released every author or anyone can make a new mod for the new smf version.

Incase of duplicate mods, correct me if Im wrong but you guys are screening those mods that are submitted before it will be available for DL. right? and I think you can give the original author the privelege of doing un update and if no updates were made the new author can be approve.

I know its not that easy what I am thinking but if it will continue like this, all the mods will be buried without updates. The idea is there I know some of you can make a better one but it will be just an idea because you can't make it in to an updated mod.

And I think some of this authors are no longer visiting this site or maybe they are already six feet below the ground.

Pardon me for that.

Arantor

Most of the time the licences chosen by mod authors fit into the category of 'derivative versions, e.g. suitable for future versions of SMF, are permitted'

Yes, mods are screened by the team when first created. Mods just being 'taken off people' will not happen simply because it's borderline illegal and definitely immoral, which is why derivative versions occur rather than taking it off them.

Those of us that can make better mods don't need to make derivative versions ;)

And yes, most of the older mod authors have simply moved on.

vietravel247.com

My xml file work with smf 2.0.9.

Advertisement: