News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

does anyone know what kind of forum software this site is on?

Started by DAB Empire, December 09, 2008, 07:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAB Empire

I will be porting a site over from a 3rd party hosted form to an independent SMF version.  I don't know if this is a custom forum software, or if anyone can recognize what it is run off.  Just curious to see if I could find a converter, or if I need to bring in a programmer.

The hosted forums come from websitetoolbox.com.  An example of the forum is here.

ThorstenE

sounds like a custom forum from websitetoolbox:
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/message_board/pricing.html

don't know anything about this software, but when the data is stored in a MySQL database and you can access this database a converter maybe possible..

nneonneo

To a slightly lesser extent, even if it is not stored in a database, conversion is possible with a crawler (though these take much more work to get right)
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

greyknight17

DAB Empire

No.  We're still looking into options.  If you have any ideas to get us ported to SMF that'd be great.

ThorstenE

Quote from: TE on December 09, 2008, 07:34:14 AM
...when the data is stored in a MySQL database and you can access this database a converter maybe possible..

DAB Empire, do you have access to the database?

DAB Empire

Yes and no.  Not readily available, but we can pay a crap load (few hundred) for a dump of it.  So, we only want to do it once.

ThorstenE

DAB Empire, sorry but without a database dump it's impossible for us to write a converter. I don't know anything about the database structure. Maybe nneonneo can write a crawler for this software...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=188741.0

DAB Empire

ThorstenE

ok, can you upload the dump to a webserver and PM me a link to this file? I will check it then. Maybe it's possible to write a converter.

matstone

I am also curious about this, has anyone made any progress?  ???

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: