News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Members staying logged in

Started by otectom, December 18, 2008, 09:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otectom

I had a problem a week or so ago with a member who's name was stuck in the "users online" area on the bottom of my forums home page.  I sent him a pm to click the logout button and change his password and he disappeared.  That lasted about three days before he became  permanently logged in again, and this time a second member of my forum is stuck online.

any suggestions??  is this my problem or are their computers virused??  many other members disappear from the online notice as they should.

Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.7

ascaland

Perhaps they enabled the "Always stay logged in" feature before they logged on. I notice that even on my forum even if im on a different computer.

sherpa サイバー侍

@ Project Evolution
I guess you will not see him/her user online bar once he/she is not active more then the time that you had set in User online time threshold even he/she login as "Always stay logged"

otectom

Quote from: sherpa サイバー侍 on December 18, 2008, 10:27:52 PM
@ Project Evolution
I guess you will not see him/her user online bar once he/she is not active more then the time that you had set in User online time threshold even he/she login as "Always stay logged"

right that should be the case but they don't disappear

sherpa サイバー侍

If the problem is only with that user then he might be using file like below

Rumbaar

What is your default sessions time set too?  Is there any issues with your sessions table in your forums database?

What mods do you have installed?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: