News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Glossary

Started by slinouille, December 24, 2008, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumblemarc

I have a problem. SMF 2.0.4b. The database seems not to have been modified. I get this error when trying to access the mod on my testbed Table 'smf2.smf_glossary' doesn't exist
File: W:\www\smf2\Sources\Glossary.php
Line: 168
. Sure enough I cannot see this table in the DB. All the files were deposited correctly however.

I don't know how to run the queries in installDatabase.php manually in that form. Can anyone help with a query that I can just drop into phpmyadmin and go? Thanks.

Sentinel [AF]

Well then I have no clue what causes it to just one day decide to stop working ad if it has a mind of it's bloody own.

I tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install of latest version and still not working ...

I've just had to disable WYSIWYG as it was playing up with bloody bbcode this time for some reason - strange.

[unplugged]

If I had to guess I would say a simple javascript conflict somewhere, especially on my heavily modded sight.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

slinouille

Hello

It must be conflicting with some other mod using javascript. Im' looking with SillyCone that have this problem also. A question to those with problems, do you have file "reflection.js" loaded ?

Also do you have a mod using scriptaculous or mootools scripts ? Indeed in that case, my mod will not work because I'm using jQuery ... and I've got in mind that scriptaculous (or mootools) and jquery can't be loaded together without any problems  :-[

@TheSentinel® : it seems to be the problem on your forum because scriptaculous.js is loaded  :(

@Ken : I've uploaded version 0.1.4 that permits to use bbccode in the the word definition. I also added the possiblibility to use a character (such as -) to delimit the title and the body of the definition displayed in the tooltip.
I hope it's like you expected ;-)

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

slinouille

Quote from: grumblemarc on January 03, 2009, 07:30:37 PM
I have a problem. SMF 2.0.4b. The database seems not to have been modified. I get this error when trying to access the mod on my testbed Table 'smf2.smf_glossary' doesn't exist
File: W:\www\smf2\Sources\Glossary.php
Line: 168
. Sure enough I cannot see this table in the DB. All the files were deposited correctly however.

I don't know how to run the queries in installDatabase.php manually in that form. Can anyone help with a query that I can just drop into phpmyadmin and go? Thanks.
Hello Grumblemarc,
Don't you have any warning during installation ?
You can through (phpmyadmin) use the next sql query to create the table:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_glossary` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `word` varchar(30) collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL default '0',
  `definition` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  `member_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `valid` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `identical_to` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
)

Perhaps you have to change the "latin1_german1_ci" ;)

SliN
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Same issue here:

Table 'test.smf_glossary' doesn't exist
File:*****\Sources\Glossary.php
Line: 171

mods installed:

Quotehttp://127.0.0.1/pixel/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=list;package=BBC_you_final.zip

none of the following is installed:

"reflection.js" or scriptaculous or mootools script

unless you count the smf media gallery.. so.. will add the table in the database..  :)

thanks!!  :P

that did work.. im wondering why it didnt do it to begin with.. hope you figure it out..  8)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

[unplugged]

Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 04:05:03 AM
...do you have file "reflection.js" loaded ?

Also do you have a mod using scriptaculous or mootools scripts ?...

I do not use any of these scripts on my site. I can post my installed packages list if you need, but be forewarned, it's a long list.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Smoky "Rider" Blue

if you go into the cpanel and add the missing table, it will work Sunking..  ;)

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_glossary` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `word` varchar(30) collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL default '0',
  `definition` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  `member_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `valid` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `identical_to` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Ken.

Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 04:05:03 AM

@Ken : I've uploaded version 0.1.4 that permits to use bbccode in the the word definition. I also added the possiblibility to use a character (such as -) to delimit the title and the body of the definition displayed in the tooltip.
I hope it's like you expected ;-)

SliN

That works very well indeed... Thanks!  ;D

Test Word Here.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

[unplugged]

Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 04, 2009, 10:19:39 AM
if you go into the cpanel and add the missing table, it will work Sunking..  ;)

Thank you for your reply. I just looked at my database and the table is already in place.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm Ken, yours looks different than mine:

Click here to see mine   :P

slinouille

@smokyBlue: I've check your link ... what's the problem exactly ?

Strange that the php script for table installation is not always run during installation  ::) It's my 1st mod with table creation ... perhaps have I done something bad  :-[

THks
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

[unplugged]

The table installed fine on my test site and the mod works perfectly. Also, the table installed fine on my main site, but the mod doesn't work. In my case, I don't believe it's an issue with the database. I think the same can be said for TheSentinel®. The mod is installed as it should be, database and all, but something else existing on the site is conflicting with it.

The only part I actually have a problem with (as far as I can tell) is the link to add a new keyword (?action=glossary#TB_inline?height=200&width=400&inlineId=div_new_word&modal=false). The link simply does nothing.

EDIT: I have also noticed that when viewing the glossary, the spacing between shouts in my shoutbox seems to get messed up. It only happens when on the Glossary page (?action=glossary). As soon as I navigate to another page, the spacing returns to normal. This also seems to me to be a simple javascript conflict. ;)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 10:57:45 AM

Strange that the php script for table installation is not always run during installation  ::) It's my 1st mod with table creation ... perhaps have I done something bad  :-[

THks

lol nothing is wrong slinoulle.. chin up! you did good, just to tighten the db settings perhaps.. if i knew, i could tell you.. but i do think its odd, im using your latest, think Ken is too, right Ken?? but mine looks different than his lol.. i dont know.. maybe he did something different..

but im working a theme now, if i see anything, will let you know.. ;)

mmm Smoky still cant spell so!! :p

slinouille

@SunKing:
Perhaps there is a conflict with the shoutbox because SillyCone experiments the same troubles with his forum where shoutbox is installed.

@SmokyBlue:
Quoteim using your latest, think Ken is too, right Ken?? but mine looks different than his lol.. i dont know.. maybe he did something different..
In the link given by Ken, glossary is exactly what it should be. It's as I've designed it for my website.
Question : have you entered a specific character for title and body separation? and also, have you activated the bbccode in the cpanel ?
When I've visited your link, Ive noticed another css stle for glossary, have you changer glossary.css file?
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

[unplugged]

Okay, I have another update. I installed the shoutbox on my test site (where the glossary mod was working) and it no longer works. I then uninstalled the shoutbox from my main site and th glossary started working. So the conflict (in my case) is specifically between Shoutbox and Glossary.

Going through the javascripts that the shoutbox uses, I systematically removed each one and tested the glossary again. The specific file causing the conflict is called yshout.js which is the main script for nneonneo's shoutbox (I use version AdvSB1.22). Hopefully, the conflict can be worked out. ;) I really want to implement the Glossary, but cannot live without the shoutbox....lol

EDIT: You posted before I was finished posting.....hehehe

Smoky "Rider" Blue

QuoteIn the link given by Ken, glossary is exactly what it should be. It's as I've designed it for my website.
Question : have you entered a specific character for title and body separation? and also, have you activated the bbccode in the cpanel ?
When I've visited your link, Ive noticed another css stle for glossary, have you changer glossary.css file?

havent changed the glossary.css as far as i know.

ok i might need to go into the settings eh?? lol.. havent had time to set things up, it was an unexpected site move.. will let you know if i dont get things right.. will be making my way to the site soon.. ;)

thanks slinouille, and pretty kool mod you have made.. congrats!! :)

slinouille

@SmokyBlue: thanks you  :D

@SunKing:
I was on your forum. I think too that's the shoutbox mod that is conflicting due to the fact it's based on Prototype, and mine on jQuery.
I've found on the jQuery site, that some conflict can be solved adding a specific code.
Can you please try this:

Find:
<script anguage="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/mod/js/jquery.js"></script>

Add after:

';

echo '<script>
     var $j = jQuery.noConflict();

// Use jQuery via $j(...)
     $j(document).ready(function(){
       $j("div").hide();
     });

// Use Prototype with $(...), etc.
     $("someid").hide();
   </script>';

echo '

This should load jQuery in noflict mode.
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Ken.

Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 04, 2009, 11:24:54 AM
Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 10:57:45 AM

THks

lol nothing is wrong slinoulle.. chin up! you did good, just to tighten the db settings perhaps.. if i knew, i could tell you.. but i do think its odd, im using your latest, think Ken is too, right Ken?? but mine looks different than his lol.. i dont know.. maybe he did something different..

but im working a theme now, if i see anything, will let you know.. ;)

mmm Smoky still cant spell so!! :p

We are the same Smokey.  :)
My test word link was to the actual use of the word in a forum post, whereas your link was to your Glossary.

Heres My Glossary.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

[unplugged]

I added the noConflict code as requested, but the entire site then disappears, showing only the background.

Advertisement: