News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Glossary

Started by slinouille, December 24, 2008, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: Ken. on January 04, 2009, 12:32:33 PM
Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 04, 2009, 11:24:54 AM
Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 10:57:45 AM
@smokyBlue: I've check your link ... what's the problem exactly ?

Strange that the php script for table installation is not always run during installation  ::) It's my 1st mod with table creation ... perhaps have I done something bad  :-[

THks

lol nothing is wrong slinoulle.. chin up! you did good, just to tighten the db settings perhaps.. if i knew, i could tell you.. but i do think its odd, im using your latest, think Ken is too, right Ken?? but mine looks different than his lol.. i dont know.. maybe he did something different..

but im working a theme now, if i see anything, will let you know.. ;)

mmm Smoky still cant spell so!! :p

We are the same Smokey.  :)
My test word link was to the actual use of the word in a forum post, whereas your link was to your Glossary.

Heres My Glossary.

lmao!! may i see it as a guest, Ken?? :P  (and that is a good thing to know, think im going to love this mod..

now if only i had tp.. hmm..  ;)

hmm least you can spell, and place sentences where they belong, the first time rofl!!
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Ken.

Sorry Smokey... did not realize that guest permissions were off!

Give it a try now.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

yeps Kens its the same as mine.. ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

slinouille

Quote from: SunKing on January 04, 2009, 12:35:01 PM
I added the noConflict code as requested, but the entire site then disappears, showing only the background.
Arrggg!

Looking foward to find a solution
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

[unplugged]

I think it may have to do with $("someid").hide();. Shoutbox (as far as I know) no longer relies on the Prototype library, but incorporates it into yshout.js. I tried to substitute "someid" with "yshout" as I thought that was what the shoutbox used, but to no avail. I am even less familiar with javascript than I am with PHP, so please don't expect much from my end.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

slinouille

I'll install shoutbox on a test forum ... and do some tests  ;)
Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

[unplugged]

Thank you for your time.

[slightly offtopic] If you have any questions about the shoutbox, I'll be more than happy to help you with it. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

Another thing I have just noticed about v1.4. While the BBC works great when viewing the Glossary itself, the tooltips (when hovering) do not seem to be parsing the BBC.

Mick.

Can anyone convert this mod to 1.1.7   pretty please?

[unplugged]

I got the Glossary working with the Shoutbox. I opened yshout.js and replaced every instance of $( with $yS( to differentiate it from jQuery's default shortcut. It seems to have done the trick.

Sentinel [AF]

Ahhh I downloaded a Yshout script a wee while back.

It just stopped working the other day and disappeared I'll try removing it from my server and install the glossary again.
I do not have any of those other scripts you refer to as far as I know.

I have a new shoutbox now even though I preferred the yshout one.

Hmmm. - I'll check the rest of the comments on here when I've done helping tidy the house.

Taaa and eZ.

Sentinel [AF]

Quote from: SunKing on January 04, 2009, 05:15:03 PM
I got the Glossary working with the Shoutbox. I opened yshout.js and replaced every instance of $( with $yS( to differentiate it from jQuery's default shortcut. It seems to have done the trick.

Actually scrap my previous reply ...

I'll have a go at this one as the Yshout box is much nicer than the one I'm currently using.

:)

grumblemarc

Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 04:11:53 AM
Quote from: grumblemarc on January 03, 2009, 07:30:37 PM
I have a problem. SMF 2.0.4b. The database seems not to have been modified. I get this error when trying to access the mod on my testbed Table 'smf2.smf_glossary' doesn't exist
File: W:\www\smf2\Sources\Glossary.php
Line: 168
. Sure enough I cannot see this table in the DB. All the files were deposited correctly however.

I don't know how to run the queries in installDatabase.php manually in that form. Can anyone help with a query that I can just drop into phpmyadmin and go? Thanks.
Hello Grumblemarc,
Don't you have any warning during installation ?
You can through (phpmyadmin) use the next sql query to create the table:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_glossary` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `word` varchar(30) collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL default '0',
  `definition` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  `member_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `valid` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  `identical_to` text collate latin1_german1_ci NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
)

Perhaps you have to change the "latin1_german1_ci" ;)

SliN

Thanks for the reply. No. No warning. It said the mod was installed sucessfully. I didn't change anything. All files were deposited where they should be and all other files were modified correctly. Just the database stayed unchanged.

Thank you for the query. It worked fine.

SillyCone

Quote from: slinouille on January 04, 2009, 01:06:17 PM
Quote from: SunKing on January 04, 2009, 12:35:01 PM
I added the noConflict code as requested, but the entire site then disappears, showing only the background.
Arrggg!

Looking foward to find a solution
Hello Slinouille,

My site is down for DNS reasons for the moment, that's why I haven't been back at you, sorry for that.

I do believe it is possible to use jQuery with other libs, I think jQuery is very "namespaceable" (I have never used it though, always kept up to date with the first luuuv, Prototype ;))

[unplugged]

Quote from: SillyCone on January 05, 2009, 06:58:52 PM
I do believe it is possible to use jQuery with other libs, I think jQuery is very "namespaceable" (I have never used it though, always kept up to date with the first luuuv, Prototype ;))

Quote from: SunKing on January 04, 2009, 05:15:03 PM

Works good enough for me.  ;D

Sentinel [AF]

Still not working for me.

I did what you said SunKing.

But to no avail - Still can't add words and the text disappears from posts when I activate it within the forum.

I'm sorry Slin but I'll have to scrap the idea of using this for now.

Maybe one of the future releases will work fine without any conflicts - who knows.

Taaa anyways :)

CvH

I´ve made an German-utf8 language file

could be useful for some :)

slinouille

Quote from: CvH on January 06, 2009, 07:06:32 PM
I´ve made an German-utf8 language file

could be useful for some :)
Thank you CvH, I'll integrate it in the install package at next update ;-)

@other: I'll have soon some available time for working on gettind rid of this conflict ... I hope so.

Visit VAG-Technique.fr
Take a look to my mods

Sentinel [AF]

Advertisement: