News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Glossary

Started by slinouille, December 24, 2008, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

that's why you tick the box to only flag whole words.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

loplo

Sorry, I'm missing something. Where should I thick that?

dimspace

Quote from: dimspace on February 05, 2013, 03:51:09 PM
Well that was easier than I though.

I tested this and it appeared to work, but i am by no stretch of the imagination a competent coder, so it may be badly done, not work, delete all information from your hard drive, or lead to the complete and utter destruction of the world as we know it,  so dont take my word for it. ta. disclaimer ends

Add additional radio button to profiles (I added it to look and layout)

with the following details:
name: Glossary Tooltips
description: Select if you want to see mouseover tooltips on glossary words.
checkbox
default state checked

and then made the following edits;

in load.php

find
if ( !empty($modSettings['enable_tooltips']) )

replace with
if ( !empty($options['cust_glossa']) )

in display.php

find
//Run Glossary analyzer on the message
if ( $modSettings['enable_tooltips'] )

replace with
//Run Glossary analyzer on the message
if ( $options['cust_glossa'] )

tested, and user selection of wether to display tooltips works.

Now i just need to sort out the fact that enabling glossary has stopped my lightbox working :D

ok, this half works, havnt worked out how to make it on for everyone by default :S they have to physically uncheck and check the box to add the database line otherwise in the abscence of a database line it just defaults as off.

Kindred

Quote from: loplo on February 06, 2013, 09:17:01 AM
Sorry, I'm missing something. Where should I thick that?

hmmm.... I thought the glossary had this....

However, what about "Use keywords detection with case insensitivity"  leave that UNCHECKED.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

loplo

In that case, if someone is writing about his arm (body part) and not about the ARM (the abbreviation), the word is being connected to ARM, which is in the glossary and the tooltip pops up.
The only thing I need to find is, where are those letters capitalized. And it's somewhere in the java files.

Kindred

One assumes that they are capitalized in the glossary itself.

for example:
In my glossary, we have
BBB (meaning "Big Black Book")
BRB (meaning "Big Red Book")

bbb and brb do not trigger the tool tip because they are not case-exact matches.
Слaва
Украинi

loplo

Let me give you an example from the forum. It's an aviation forum, so the glossary is related to aviation.
In glossary I have:
CLJ = Aeroportul International Cluj Napoca
RO = TAROM
TU = Tunisair
NAP = Naples International Airport

Now, while hovering over CLJ the toolbox is showing this: AeROporTUl International Cluj NAPoca
The RO TU NAP are capitalized because of the glossary.

spiros

Maybe it has been answered before, but is it possible to mass import terms to this module, i.e. from a csv file?

Also, does the index support non-Latin alphabets, i.e. Greek?

Kindred

Loplo,

Do you have the "Use keywords detection with case insensitivity" UNCHECKED?   make sure that is unchecked!

Seriously... I have never seen that before... and AFAIK, it should not be tooltipping contents of anothet tooltip.

Spiros... only if you know how to do it directly in SQL.
As for the non-latin...  no idea, I suggest that you try it out and let us know.
Слaва
Украинi

spiros

Quote from: Kindred on February 06, 2013, 12:49:55 PM

You mean something like using a database tool like navicat to map csv fields to MySQL tables and columns?

dimspace

Quote from: spiros on February 06, 2013, 12:59:12 PM

You mean something like using a database tool like navicat to map csv fields to MySQL tables and columns?

theoritcally, you can export the glossary table, edit with notepad++, import the relevant data in teh correct encoding and the re-import back through phpmyadmin, not sure i would recommend it though.

Kindred

not sure. I have never used that tool.
Any time I have had to do something like this, I build an import SQL script with the content.

i.e.
create an excel spread sheet
have one column
INSERT INTO smf_glossary (column1, column2, column3) VALUES

then the next few columns, one each for the actual values that you want to insert

and a final column
);

save that as a export to a tab-separated TEXT file and use a text editor to strip out the tabs.

Слaва
Украинi

loplo

Loplo,

Do you have the "Use keywords detection with case insensitivity" UNCHECKED?   make sure that is unchecked!

Seriously... I have never seen that before... and AFAIK, it should not be tooltipping contents of anothet tooltip.

As for the non-latin...  no idea, I suggest that you try it out and let us know.

"Use keywords detection with case insensitivity" it is unchecked.
Here you have a link to one of the messages from the forum. Just for reference.
I really don't know what and why is happening. I've seen someone mentioning the same issue some pages back.

dimspace

Quote from: loplo on February 06, 2013, 01:31:13 PM
Loplo,

"Use keywords detection with case insensitivity" it is unchecked.
Here you have a link to one of the messages from the forum. Just for reference.
I really don't know what and why is happening. I've seen someone mentioning the same issue some pages back.

ive just done a test here creating a reference that repeated the reference in lower case in the description, and can confirm the same issue.

on a side note, in trying to sort out a conflict with our custom.js we use on the site, we have ripped out vast swathes of the js coding in load.php and glossary.template.php without it having any effect on the mod, seems to be an awful lot of redundant code in there. In fact, of the five js files, we are now only using one (and we still have a conflict but thats by the by)

SDMiller

Howdy all.

First post here.

I recently got my forum going, would LOVE to add a glossary to it (actually it's critical that I get it going), but it triggers a warning during install.

I run the following other mods...
Stop Spammer
httpBL
SimplePortal
Sneaky Editing
SMF 2.0.4 Update

I see the last update to the mod was 2009... ouch.  I see posts about fixes for older versions of SMF, but no comment (yet) on 2.0.4. Any hope of an update any time soon?

Thanks.

:D

Kindred

no... there will be no update.

However, warnings just basically mean that you have to do a bit of manual installation. I have it running on 2.0.4 with no issues
Слaва
Украинi

SDMiller

Quote from: Kindred on February 06, 2013, 08:39:05 PM
warnings just basically mean that you have to do a bit of manual installation. I have it running on 2.0.4 with no issues

That's encouraging...

I'll just come right out and admit I'm a complete smf newbie.

If it's not a terrible imposition, would you mind sharing what things I may need to do to install it to get it working on my 2.0.4?

Thanks in advance for your kind and prompt reply.

;D

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

SDMiller

I did the following steps...

1. uploaded Glossary.0.3.1.zip to my forum using the forums package manager.
2. Told it to go ahead and install the mod with errors.
3. Used FTP to grab subs.php.
4. fixed function parse_glossary($message) with DaKrampus's code from June 05, 2012, 02:08:22 AM
5. uploaded new subs.php to forum.
6. went to configurations/modification settings/glossary and ticked "Enable Glossary mod"

erm...

Nothing seemed to happen differently... I don't see the expected "glossary" menu item in my forum main menu...

What did I miss?

Thanks.

Kindred

what files generates can not install errors?
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: