News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

What?   Why would you want anyone but admins to have access to the list?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

madfiddler

Global moderators, or other moderators? I'm the only person who has admin level access i.e. database settings etc.

Kindred

Anyone with access to the member approval should see the list
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

madfiddler

Paul S Fairweather

I'm getting email's containing ru at the end of them on my forum trying to register is there a mod to stop this so I can install it
cheers
Paul

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Paul S Fairweather on December 20, 2014, 08:28:22 PM
I'm getting email's containing ru at the end of them on my forum trying to register is there a mod to stop this so I can install it
cheers
Paul

This mod works great, along with this Stop Spammer mod. :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3036

Paul S Fairweather

Quote from: ♞ Burke Knight ♞ on December 20, 2014, 08:35:16 PM
Quote from: Paul S Fairweather on December 20, 2014, 08:28:22 PM
cheers
Paul

This mod works great, along with this Stop Spammer mod. :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3036

Burke Knight thank you I will give it ago :)
Cheers
Paul

TMR Guy

It says There are 2 members awaiting approval but I don't have any members awaiting approval. How do I reset this?

Thanks,

TMR Guy

TMR Guy

Quote from: TMR Guy on January 09, 2015, 09:13:20 PM
It says There are 2 members awaiting approval but I don't have any members awaiting approval. How do I reset this?

Thanks,

TMR Guy
Looks like it fixed itself.  8)

snoopy_virtual

Just a quick note to say that I have upgraded today one of my forums to SMF 1.1.21 and another couple of them to SMF 2.0.10 and I had no errors installing in all of them Mod StopSpammer v2.3.9 so it means this mod is compatible with the latest SMF versions.

If any of you have just upgraded your SMF forum and you had any error installing Mod StopSpammer after the upgrade please let me know so we can see what's the problem.

Cheers

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

SD-X

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on June 14, 2015, 02:15:47 PM
Just a quick note to say that I have upgraded today one of my forums to SMF 1.1.21 and another couple of them to SMF 2.0.10 and I had no errors installing in all of them Mod StopSpammer v2.3.9 so it means this mod is compatible with the latest SMF versions.

If any of you have just upgraded your SMF forum and you had any error installing Mod StopSpammer after the upgrade please let me know so we can see what's the problem.

Cheers
I upgraded two forums from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 with StopSpammer and Mod httpBL already installed, and everything went fine for me too.

DarkAngel612

I have several forums to deal with, my own and others I take care of. I updated them all and all went through without a hitch....except 1 of course...It still gave the file error I think it was for the second edit in the subs_member.php??? I can't remember but it did the first edit and the second edit I had to enter manually.

Aside from that it installed.

I did notice that in the text area above the installation parts it still says that it is compatible with SMF 1.1.1 - 1.1.12 SMF 2 RC4, no mention of it being updated or that it is now compatible with 2.0.10

I did also notice that when a member changes their address and we have SMF set to have them reactivate their account, the admin area for this mods gets confused. Any would be members awaiting activation will not show up, only the one that did the change and it even lists the reason they originally wanted to join (reason why mod), and the total awaiting does reflect any others in there.  Once they get activated then all others magically show up again...LOL No complaint since I assume it should work that wa plus it does not hamper anything else relating to the mod.

Thank you both for this wonderful mod.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: DarkAngel612 on July 09, 2015, 03:18:12 AM
I did notice that in the text area above the installation parts it still says that it is compatible with SMF 1.1.1 - 1.1.12 SMF 2 RC4, no mention of it being updated or that it is now compatible with 2.0.10

It does, check the attached picture.

In fact as you can see, it says that the mod was last updated on the 14th of June 2015. It wasn't really any mod update. It was just me changing the versions the mod is compatible with.  ;)

I did also notice that when a member changes their address and we have SMF set to have them reactivate their account, the admin area for this mods gets confused. Any would be members awaiting activation will not show up, only the one that did the change and it even lists the reason they originally wanted to join (reason why mod), and the total awaiting does reflect any others in there.  Once they get activated then all others magically show up again...LOL No complaint since I assume it should work that wa plus it does not hamper anything else relating to the mod.

I don't know exactly when SMF changed that, but now, when you have a few new members waiting activation and at the same time you have some old members who have changed their email and need activation as well, you can decide in the "View Members waiting activation" list if you want to see the newbies or the ones who changed their email.

On top of the list you should see a "select" box to change the view when you are on that situation. I cannot give you any pictures of that because I haven't got in my forums members who had changed their email recently, but the first time it happened to me I was also wondering where were the rest of the members waiting activation until I noticed the select box.  ;D

Thank you both for this wonderful mod.

You're welcome  ;)

Cheers

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

DarkAngel612

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on July 09, 2015, 07:09:08 AM

I don't know exactly when SMF changed that, but now, when you have a few new members waiting activation and at the same time you have some old members who have changed their email and need activation as well, you can decide in the "View Members waiting activation" list if you want to see the newbies or the ones who changed their email.

On top of the list you should see a "select" box to change the view when you are on that situation. I cannot give you any pictures of that because I haven't got in my forums members who had changed their email recently, but the first time it happened to me I was also wondering where were the rest of the members waiting activation until I noticed the select box.  ;D

Gracias, that shows you how observant I is not...LOL I sure did not notice that at all. Let us hope I remember the next time they change an emai...I dont have many that do it either, just when their emails get spoofed or spammed beyond beyond.

I also missed the image about the updated date in the folder too...I can be so blind at times. I can also be dense...I knew that image...it is from the downlds area...that is why I grabbed the "update". But I mean in the package manager when it is ready to install. That spiel does not say it is for 2.0.10, it is the file that says it is for SMF 1.1.1 - 1.1.12 SMF 2 RC4. No biggie cause it works and that is all that matters.

Again thank you very much.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

snoopy_virtual

Oh, I see what you mean.

When you install a mod you see on the screen whatever is written in the "readme.txt" file inside it and I wrote that file ages ago, when the SMF version was RC4

In the next update I need to add inside that readme.txt a line saying:

"Just now it is compatible with so and so but if you want to see if it is compatible with a newer version of SMF please visit http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1547" LOL

DarkAngel612

LOL there you go, that's the spirit...have a great almost weekend.

nax

I installed 2.3.9 on  a forum that had just been upgraded to 2.0.11 all appeared to go ok but now I notice that spammer accounts are not being highlighted in red and spammers are getting through.

The MOD is active and it says:- Mod Stop Spammer is ON, it is up-to-date and the connection with Stop Forum Spam is perfect.

but it doesn't appear to be working.

SD-X

Quote from: nax on October 09, 2015, 05:36:49 AM
I installed 2.3.9 on  a forum that had just been upgraded to 2.0.11 all appeared to go ok but now I notice that spammer accounts are not being highlighted in red and spammers are getting through.
Make sure you remembered to turn the mod on in its settings section.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: SugarD-x on October 09, 2015, 05:39:16 AM
Make sure you remembered to turn the mod on in its settings section.

nax said the mod is already activated:

The MOD is active and it says:- Mod Stop Spammer is ON, it is up-to-date and the connection with Stop Forum Spam is perfect.

but it doesn't appear to be working.

That doesn't make any sense. If the mod is ON, updated and with good connection with Stop Forum Spam it SHOULD be working.

Is it a new install? I mean: Is this the first time you install this mod in your forum?

If you had this mod before: Was it working properly?

Can you give us a list of other mods you have installed in your forum? (maybe some of them are interacting with this one)

Try anyway to un-install the mod and install it again. Sometimes that helps.

Or, do as I do in most of my forums:

Forget this mod, set up a couple of anti-spam questions and install this other mod instead:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2155

nax

Yes it is turned on, I also turned it off and on again just to be sure.

Advertisement: