Help me, im being stupid

Started by swiftyme, February 20, 2005, 12:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swiftyme

right, just downloaded the forum tool, to add a forum to my site.
I have uploaded it into a folder named forum in my public_html directory, and when i visit where it should be: hxxp:www.swifteerythings.websiteallies.com/forum [nonactive] it doesn't work.
It says before i download it i have to run install.php
How do i do this?
Thanks.
David

Peter Duggan

swiftyme

ChimTheGrim

I have a question aswell. I'll post it here since it kind of fits the "I'm stupid" mood.

I need to know if I install SMF on a free host like hxxp:bravenet.com [nonactive]... will it work since its in MySQL and Php (or whatever)?

I use just basic HTML, so I know nothing. Let me know if you think a free host will allow mysql and php.

MrWoof

Quote from: ChimTheGrim on February 25, 2005, 10:04:56 PM
I have a question aswell. I'll post it here since it kind of fits the "I'm stupid" mood.

I need to know if I install SMF on a free host like bravenet.com... will it work since its in MySQL and Php (or whatever)?

I use just basic HTML, so I know nothing. Let me know if you think a free host will allow mysql and php.
i think you'd need to contact bravenet.com and ask if they support mysql and php.  i've taken a look at their site and can't find any claim.
Are you a reality tv fan? Visit Reality HQ today to get your latest dose!

Oldiesmann

Bravenet.com only gives you PHP/MySQL support if you get the "Premium" package. More info - http://www.bravehost.com.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Dem0n

Its always better just to go and find a free hosting company example: hardcorecoders.net inwhich we offer php and mysql

Advertisement: