xChache

Started by Ishmell, January 18, 2009, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishmell

I get this warning on the top of my forums. My host just told me to turn of the forums xcache but I dont know how.

Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in /home/dragquee/public_html/rmreviews.com/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2457

Warning: xcache_set() [function.xcache-set]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in /home/dragquee/public_html/rmreviews.com/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2391

H

Welcome to SMF.

This is because while your host has xcache enabled for the files, they have elected no to enable the variable cache. The best thing to do is disabling caching in Server Settings > Caching.

This should be fixed when RC1 is released :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Ishmell

Thanks for the reply and welcome. Im pretty new to the software but not new to forums software in general. I guess its a matter of time till I understand this one. I did as you said and one of the warnings are gone but another is still left. Any ideas?

Warning: xcache_get() [function.xcache-get]: xcache.var_size is either 0 or too small to enable var data caching in /home/dragquee/public_html/rmreviews.com/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 2457

greyknight17

Try deleting all the PHP files inside your /cache folder (do it via FTP or your webhost control panel) to see if it refreshes.

Ishmell

Tried it and the warning error is still there. Here is a screenshot, I hope it helps...

greyknight17

Another user had the same error and resolved it here. You might want to make a backup of that Load.php file before editing it.

Ishmell

An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

greyknight17

This is after making the change in Load.php? If so, restore it with the backup you made.

Check your Cache tab in the Server Settings to confirm that it's still disabled.

Ishmell

Alright its fine just that 1 error still there. I dont now what to do...Tried so many things...

Ishmell

Alright well i got the error to go away.
I changed the fallowing code...
$value = xcache_get($key);
Otherwise it's SMF data!

to

//$value = xcache_get($key);
// Otherwise it's SMF data!

So if for some reason I need that code I can just take out the // and it will be back to normal. Its being cautious. But yeh that got rid of my error and all seems to be well.

greyknight17

Glad you resolved the issue. You probably won't need it unless you enable caching.

Topic marked as solved.

GernotFrisch

I found a fix that does _not_ requite to access SMF:

global $modSettings; $modSettings['cache_enable'] = ''; // Fix SMF bug
    require_once($inc_root.'forum/SSI.php');

You just have to fake the global variable that there's no cache enabled.

Advertisement: