Topic Solved

Started by [SiNaN], January 19, 2009, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamePersia

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on April 19, 2014, 06:21:08 PM
Quote from: GamePersia on March 12, 2014, 05:32:23 AM
Update Needed,.. :(
Kindly update to 2.0.7.... :-*
Indeed it doesn't work on 2.0.7 i looked up on your forum as well and couldn't see any topic solved so i bet you didn't get it to work...
I have now 14 over 16 mods working (this would be the 17th..) so i guess it's not my bad if also you can't use it and you have many more messages than me...
Hope for a reply  or at least a link to the one now in use on this very same forum! :'( i googled it but couldn't find it :'(
dear bud,..it works,..we are using it !!  ;)

Dave J

I have it working on 2.0.7 without any problems at all.

Most of the time the reason someone want an update is because it causes errors in the installation, these are mostly caused by other mods that have written code to the same area of the template that this Mod wants to. This means that the person installing will have to do some manual editing of the templates, but it doesn't mean the Mod doesn't work.

This mod uses <install for="2.0 - 2.99.99"> which means it should install no matter what version of SMF2 the person has installed, so if there are errors in install the above reason for the fail will probably be the why.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: davejo on April 20, 2014, 03:41:11 AM

Most of the time the reason someone want an update is because it causes errors in the installation, these are mostly caused by other mods that have written code to the same area of the template that this Mod wants to. This means that the person installing will have to do some manual editing of the templates, but it doesn't mean the Mod doesn't work.

This mod uses <install for="2.0 - 2.99.99"> which means it should install no matter what version of SMF2 the person has installed, so if there are errors in install the above reason for the fail will probably be the why.
Thank you for your reply davejo

Yeah you are probably right but in my case i get a somehow weird situation if i install it.. I can see the log of solved things but i can't solve them and nobody can do that (permissions are set properly both in sections and in groups)... That's kinda weird °-° but still can't get it to work it gave me and my colleague a bad head-ache but nothing, that's why i was wondering if an admin sees this he might tell me how they added the one they are using and its source code.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Dave J

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on April 20, 2014, 05:05:52 AM
Quote from: davejo on April 20, 2014, 03:41:11 AM

Yeah you are probably right but in my case i get a somehow weird situation if i install it.. I can see the log of solved things but i can't solve them and nobody can do that (permissions are set properly both in sections and in groups)... That's kinda weird °-° but still can't get it to work it gave me and my colleague a bad head-ache but nothing, that's why i was wondering if an admin sees this he might tell me how they added the one they are using and its source code.

I don't know how much you know about manual installations so if you know what I have suggested below then please ignore it.

Access your site files via ftp and check each of the following files/templates has the word 'solve' in them (don't used 'solved' as some templates wont have that word)

boarddir/index.php
sourcedir/Admin.php
sourcedir/Display.php
sourcedir/Load.php
sourcedir/ManageBoards.php
sourcedir/ManagePermissions.php
sourcedir/MessageIndex.php
sourcedir/ModerationCenter.php
sourcedir/Modlog.php
sourcedir/Subs.php
sourcedir/Subs-Boards.php
themedir/Display.template.php
themedir/ManageBoards.template.php
themedir/MessageIndex.template.php
languagedir/Modifications.english.php
languagedir/Modifications.english-utf8.php

If you are using a custom theme you might want to check if it has installed the code into the custom theme directories too as shown in the list above.

If you find one of the above does not have it you'll have to manually copy and paste the code where it has to go.

Hope you find out what the issue is.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks again davejo
Due to the complexity of your answer i will have to show it and test it with my colleague that is the real code expert (even if he is not that good at php editing he is surely way better than me as i am a 3D editor xD). He has no internet (indeed that's why it's me posting and not him directly) so it may take me a few days because i have to wait for him to come to me and see everything.
Sorry if it will take some time. I'll update you asap.
ETA: 30 hours if he comes tomorrow.

Happy Easter!!!
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sorry i am a little late because i have made a lot of editing as we found out that our custom "Havvo" theme was giving us a lot of problems in general we uninstalled it and we are modifying the default one to (more or less) make it look similar as it used to be. Doing so i was very glad to discover the very few mods giving us problems are now working (including the hated Nibogo's shoutbox, i have to say that it now works despite his unhelpful behaviour) but damn this one has now become the only not-working mod! Trust me i double and triple-checked those files and they are ALL ok, they all contain "solve" or "solved" or whatever seems necessary but nothing! I can still see the "topic solved log" in moderation section but i still cannot solve any topics (permissions are again set up properly and the mod has been reinstalled more than once to try if that was the issue).
No good news then about this  :'( if you have any ideas let me know, thanks in advance man it must have been pretty boring doing that list lol

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Up, please. This and the blinking mod are the only ones not working on my forum  :'(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

TheListener

Davejo has previously stated this mod works on 2.0.7

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 25, 2014, 11:55:08 PM
Davejo has previously stated this mod works on 2.0.7
That's why i am asking why it doesn't work on my 2.0.7 man, as i have explained :( and no it's not a theme-related issue because i have the default one edited only as regards its colors.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

TheListener

What about it doesn't work?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on April 20, 2014, 05:05:52 AM

I want to be as clear as possible it's not that i can't click on the topic solved button... It just doesn't show up at all, no matter if i am an admin or whatever member it doesn't show up and permissions are set up properly like i said... Also no custom themes as i stated in my previous message.

P.S.:I guess the whole smf has been down for a few minutes because i was getting no response from any browser and any other site was working. (Error 324 here, no response).
P.P.S: Already tried reinstalling it several times and it says everything successful.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

TheListener

Have you checked your error logs?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Very hard to believe but no errors by anything related to the mod...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

TheListener

if you have other errors then ya may wanna make a list in the main support board.

Have you checked your images file?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I was talking about errors related to wrong logins and that kind of things xD
Anyway i was able to find in forum/themes/default/images the "topic solved" gif so it's there. Nice try anyway because i didn't have that checked, now i do so it's not that..

I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod itself and it came out only this error that is related to the "email inactive users" mod. Besides i know the "topic solved" issue is not related to some sort of incompatibility with that mod because i installed the "topic solved" thing much earlier than the "email inactive users" one, and even if i just reinstalled it that error is related to the other mod, hopefully the author will fix that.. However the weird thing is that to my system everything else looks fine but i still can't see the cursed topic solved button >.< i wonder if some admin might tell me how they managed to install it here. I would like the same thing for my forum, it's cool.

EDIT: I will go to sleep because here i have a very much different time zone :P feel free to tell me if you have any idea of what the problem could be. Ah yeah i already followed davejo's procedure but even double checking i found nothing wrong in those files... In all of them "solve" or "solved" with relative strings were present.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Dave J

Ok one last thought as you haven't mentioned it

have you enabled the 'Topic Solved Board:' that is in each of your forums 'Boards'

See attachment for the screenshot of where it is.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: davejo on April 26, 2014, 01:49:24 AM
Ok one last thought as you haven't mentioned it

have you enabled the 'Topic Solved Board:' that is in each of your forums 'Boards'

See attachment for the screenshot of where it is.
YEAH! There you go man! I haven't seen anyone talking about this thing and as my boards are all done i didn't see that tiny bastard checkbox xD now it works, awesome! Thanks for the help and sorry if i looked like a retarded not seeing it but i open my board editing no more becuase like i said they are all completed and translated.. Never crossed my mind that could be a checkbox in each board.. Thanks again.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Dave J

Well that's good you have it working now....we'll mark this as 'Topic Solved' then

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: davejo on April 26, 2014, 12:52:59 PM
Well that's good you have it working now....we'll mark this as 'Topic Solved' then
Yeah man but i don't have permissions to do that here XD thanks again, awesome.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

fapencio

ok, this mod is great, works fine, thanks

translate to spanish:

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php
or/and
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php
Find (at the end of the file):
?>
Add Before:
// Topic Solved
$txt['topic_solved'] = 'Tema Resuelto';
$txt['topic_not_solved'] = 'Tema no Resuelto';
$txt['topic_solved_quick'] = 'Marcar seleccionado como resuelto';
$txt['topic_solved_quick_confirm'] = 'Estás seguro que quieres marcar temas seleccionados como resueltos?';

$txt['topic_solved_board'] = 'Foro Tema Resuelto';
$txt['topic_solved_board_desc'] = 'Activa la función de tema resuelto en el foro';

$txt['topic_solved_log'] = 'Registro de Tema Resuelto';
$txt['topic_solved_no_log'] = 'No hay acciones registradas de Tema resuelto.';
$txt['topic_solved_desc'] = 'Lista de acciones de temas resueltos que han sido realizados por moderadores en tu foro.';
$txt['modlog_topicsolved_log_desc'] = 'A continuación se muestra una lista de todas las acciones de temas resueltos que han sido llevadas a cabo por los moderadores del foro.<br /><b>A tener en cuenta:</b> Las entradas no se pueden eliminar de este registro hasta que tengan por lo menos veinticuatro horas.';
$txt['modlog_ac_solve'] = 'Resuelto &quot;{topic}&quot;';
$txt['modlog_ac_not_solve'] = 'No resuelto &quot;{topic}&quot;';

$txt['permissionname_solve_topic'] = 'Marcar Temas Resueltos';
$txt['permissionhelp_solve_topic'] = 'Este permiso permite a un usuario usar la función de tema resuelto.';
$txt['permissionname_solve_topic_own'] = 'Propio tema';
$txt['permissionname_solve_topic_any'] = 'Cualquier tema';
$txt['permissionname_simple_solve_topic_own'] = 'Marcar su propio tema como resuelto';
$txt['permissionname_simple_solve_topic_any'] = 'Marcar cualquier tema como resuelto';

$txt['topic_solved_error_no_board'] = 'Lo siento, la función Tema Resuelto no está activada en este foro.';
$txt['cannot_support_tools_solve_topic_own'] = 'No puedes marcar tus temas como resueltos.';
$txt['cannot_support_tools_solve_topic_any'] = 'No puedes marcar temas como resueltos.';
// Topic Solved

thats all, regards
My smf forum is 2.0.10 version
my theme is default
language spanish es utf8

Advertisement: