News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic Solved

Started by [SiNaN], January 19, 2009, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

Has anyone tried this in 2.0.8? Is there plans on updating this mod?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Works fine with 2.0.8 already.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kimmie

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 03, 2014, 02:38:37 PM
Works fine with 2.0.8 already.

The mod page says it is only compatible with 2.0 RC4.  I need to emulate my forum to that to install it, right?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hell no just try to install it O.o the xml file works with version that are from RC4 to 2.0.99
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

The package manager's version detection was changed in 2.0 final, which means it might actually require emulation.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Since that is one of the mods I am running on my SMF 2.0.8 without emulating I might disagree...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was merely saying it was possible there might be issues knowing as I do that related code was rewritten; I haven't touched this mod, and I haven't checked, but I do know other mods *did* have trouble on this point.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Only a little thing for Kimmie... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=286932.msg3690461#msg3690461 ;) be sure to activate it there :P dam when I was commenting this topic... It was like 1200 posts ago, still a total noob. It works by the way :) be sure to activate all the stuff though :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Westwegoman

I have this mod installed on a SMF 2.0.8 board. I would like it so that certain boards could be "topic solved" boards as it is now but add the option to make other boards able to be an "item sold" board, for like a classifieds board.

Would this be hard to do. I was thinking about trying to do it myself but not sure if I'm getting in over my head.

Pipke

Quote from: Westwegoman on September 10, 2014, 04:11:06 PM
I have this mod installed on a SMF 2.0.8 board. I would like it so that certain boards could be "topic solved" boards as it is now but add the option to make other boards able to be an "item sold" board, for like a classifieds board.

Would this be hard to do. I was thinking about trying to do it myself but not sure if I'm getting in over my head.

You should post a request for that on the Mod Requests Board.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Pipke on September 10, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

Not really since he is not requesting a new mod but rather a customization of this one. If someone will be able to code it then he will be lucky :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Pipke

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 10, 2014, 05:09:59 PM
Quote from: Pipke on September 10, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

Not really since he is not requesting a new mod but rather a customization of this one. If someone will be able to code it then he will be lucky :)

He said:

So to me that makes 2 things, right?

"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Indeed but said in that way he kinda wants a litttle customization of this mod in order to adapt it to fit his needs, it's not really a brand new mod to request that's what I mean ;)
For example this is a mod request (actually mod update in this case) --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=521853.msg3691052#msg3691052 P.s. That was one of my first topics in here!!! :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Pipke

As far as i see it you can to do it simple, copy the mod rename all text/folders and code inside the files from 'Topic solved' to 'Item sold', add new version and you got a new mod lol.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not really since he wants both of them to be active and not just renaming the function ;) if you meant that he has to copy everything, rename it and then create the new functions accordingly then it *might* work, but I'm not a coder so no guarantee on that at all.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

i have installed this mod and everything seem to be well installled bt i dont see the mod working well dunno whats wrong?and i have activated the mod for the board dt it is needed

Ninja ZX-10RR

If you didn't fix the error you were talking about here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527837.0 and you don't provide ANY detail we can't help you. It is like the 1000000 time we tell you to provide informations... :/

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 04:13:49 PM
If you didn't fix the error you were talking about here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527837.0 and you don't provide ANY detail we can't help you. It is like the 1000000 time we tell you to provide informations... :/
It was successfull when installed it i didnt get any error while installing it on the theme...my problem now is that i have installed it and selected the board that i wish for it to be in but i dont see the mark as solved button der thats the problem am having currently

Ninja ZX-10RR

Did you set the permissions properly? Error log?
Also... Try anyway the default theme and see if it works there. ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 04:52:41 PM
Did you set the permissions properly? Error log?
Also... Try anyway the default theme and see if it works there. ;)
yeah i did and i didnt get any error log..plus i tried it on the default theme and it seems to be working just fine

Advertisement: