News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Topic Solved

Started by [SiNaN], January 19, 2009, 11:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then the error is related to the theme... :/ I think that only the author could help you in this case since I don't know how to make it work on Curve as I use the default theme... :( it's VERY strange though that it installed with no errors... URL to your site anyway?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 07:37:46 PM
Then the error is related to the theme... :/ I think that only the author could help you in this case since I don't know how to make it work on Curve as I use the default theme... :( it's VERY strange though that it installed with no errors... URL to your site anyway?
yes it did install...www.****.com register to understand wah am saying better

Ninja ZX-10RR

Usually people asking for help should provide a test account with a PM if prompted not asking to register ;) feel free to shoot me a PM with a test acc I might have a look, I will need the permission to change permissions though since I have to check each one of them. You can remove any other useless permission :) even if I don't know if I will be really able to solve it, from what you told me it seems a theme problem and if that so I won't be able to solve it, I warn you already since I am not a theme coder nor a coder, just a supporter :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 07:44:00 PM
Usually people asking for help should provide a test account with a PM if prompted not asking to register ;) feel free to shoot me a PM with a test acc I might have a look, I will need the permission to change permissions though since I have to check each one of them. You can remove any other useless permission :) even if I don't know if I will be really able to solve it, from what you told me it seems a theme problem and if that so I won't be able to solve it, I warn you already since I am not a theme coder nor a coder, just a supporter :)
My Apology....Hv done just as you have said...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Checked and confirm it doesn't work. I have PMed you telling you to ask the theme author whether on smf if there is a support topic for that theme or either on his site if you can't solve it here.
Last and worst option would be to change theme :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Quote from: swaggaderby on September 17, 2014, 07:32:08 PM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 04:52:41 PM
Did you set the permissions properly? Error log?
Also... Try anyway the default theme and see if it works there. ;)
yeah i did and i didnt get any error log..plus i tried it on the default theme and it seems to be working just fine

If it's working in your default theme, you may have to make manual changes to your custom theme's display.template.php- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=286932.msg3308075#msg3308075

take a look at the parse instructions- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1601

***Edit- Just confirmed that this little snipet below is what will show the topic solved button in a topic of the board you have chosen to be a "topic solved" board.

In display.template.php- ( of your custom theme)

Find-

$mod_buttons[] = array('text' => 'restore_topic', 'image' => '', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=restoretopic;topics=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id']);

Replace with-

// The Topic Solved button.
   if ($context['can_solve_topic'])
      $mod_buttons[] = array('text' => $context['topic_solved'] ? 'topic_not_solved' : 'topic_solved', 'image' => '', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=topicsolved;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']);

Ninja ZX-10RR

Except...
Quote from: swaggaderby on September 17, 2014, 04:40:08 PM
It was successfull when installed it i didnt get any error while installing it on the theme...my problem now is that i have installed it and selected the board that i wish for it to be in but i dont see the mark as solved button der thats the problem am having currently
No idea about what to edit since there were no errors...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: br360 on September 17, 2014, 08:20:02 PM
yeah i did and i didnt get any error log..plus i tried it on the default theme and it seems to be working just fine

If it's working in your default theme, you may have to make manual changes to your custom theme's display.template.php- http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=286932.msg3308075#msg3308075

take a look at the parse instructions- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1601

***Edit- Just confirmed that this little snipet below is what will show the topic solved button in a topic of the board you have chosen to be a "topic solved" board.

In display.template.php- ( of your custom theme)

Find-

$mod_buttons[] = array('text' => 'restore_topic', 'image' => '', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=restoretopic;topics=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';' . $context['session_var'] . '=' . $context['session_id']);

Replace with-

// The Topic Solved button.
   if ($context['can_solve_topic'])
      $mod_buttons[] = array('text' => $context['topic_solved'] ? 'topic_not_solved' : 'topic_solved', 'image' => '', 'lang' => true, 'url' => $scripturl . '?action=topicsolved;topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . ';sesc=' . $context['session_id']);

just did what you just said still didnt work...:(

br360

Odd. I just tried it on a custom theme and it worked fine. What theme are you using?

swaggaderby

Quote from: br360 on September 17, 2014, 08:48:07 PM
Odd. I just tried it on a custom theme and it worked fine. What theme are you using?
Reseller by Daniel

Ninja ZX-10RR

That theme is very different from the other ones, that's why I didn't suggest him that edit already... Because it doesn't have buttons, it shows a dropdown list instead of the buttons themselves. :(

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Yeah, just installed that theme to test it. The code is all there in the display.template.php file, but like ninja said- with the unique drop down list in that theme, it's difficult to pinpoint why it's not appearing in that list (well difficult for me to pinpoint that is. ;) ) You may actually have some luck asking on Daniel's support topic for that theme, and see if he can help you with the issue.

Although looking at that theme's css/index.css, it may have to be added there?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well you surely can't add a php snippet into a .css but I don't know how to fix it, Daniiel is his best bet, methinks. :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

swaggaderby

Quote from: br360 on September 17, 2014, 09:02:31 PM
Yeah, just installed that theme to test it. The code is all there in the display.template.php file, but like ninja said- with the unique drop down list in that theme, it's difficult to pinpoint why it's not appearing in that list (well difficult for me to pinpoint that is. ;) ) You may actually have some luck asking on Daniel's support topic for that theme, and see if he can help you with the issue.

Although looking at that theme's css/index.css, it may have to be added there?
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 17, 2014, 10:32:00 PM
Well you surely can't add a php snippet into a .css but I don't know how to fix it, Daniiel is his best bet, methinks. :)

Thanks Guys

swaggaderby

Here comes a new error...I deleted the Topic solved mod and den deleted den try uploading it again and all and  when i try uploading it i get d first pic showing the error....
i know i have to enter those codes manually and den the mod will install but here is the problem i cant find the code i was told to find

as attached on the 2nd pic

Kindred

If it works on the default theme, then the issue is -- it was never installed into your custom theme.

You will have to manually apply the mod changes to any template files in your custom theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

swaggaderby

Quote from: Kindred on September 18, 2014, 01:43:51 PM
If it works on the default theme, then the issue is -- it was never installed into your custom theme.

You will have to manually apply the mod changes to any template files in your custom theme
SINce am seeing errors i did not go ahead with the installation anymore plus yes i know have to manually enter the code on a custom theme but like i attached the first file i was supports to find and edit it with i cant find it on the display template...that seems to be the problem?OR do i attach the display template for u to see wah am talking abt?

Kindred

well, see....  the errors indicate that the code was not found, as listed -- hence the auto installer could not complete that edit...   which means that you have to use human parsing to find the code (which will, obviously either be slightly different or completely different, depending on your theme's actual coding)

If you did not complete the install, then how do you know it is working on the default theme?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

That's how he knows ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

except just above my post - he said:

Quote from: swaggaderby on September 18, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
SINce am seeing errors i did not go ahead with the installation anymore

which means (as far as I read it) that he never finished the installation
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: