[SMF Converter] Burning Board 3

Started by ThorstenE, January 19, 2009, 02:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

jrhicks

Hello,

I'm trying to convert how can I fix this:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'websiten_wb'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

Thanks, Roger

jrhicks

Ok,

Got that portion fixed (forget previous post by me), but I get this:

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `websiten_wb`.smf_members
    CHANGE COLUMN password_salt password_salt varchar(40) NOT NULL default '';

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'password_salt' in 'smf_members'

As you said earlier it only works for 1.1.11 Well, Thats the install I used. Would appreciate any guidance. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks, Roger

ThorstenE

I believe you're using the wrong wbb3_to_smf.sql (the 2.0 version instead of 1.1.)..  the column "password_salt" in SMF 2.0 is named "passwordSalt" in SMF 1.1.x

jrhicks

Ok, Let me get the first one here in this topic and try it.

Thanks, Roger

jrhicks

Got it to convert.

Database is full. I can login as admin.

The problem now is where is all the info. Nothing on the board. The database says something should be there. It's full.

Any ideas? Thanks, Roger

jrhicks

For the life of me I just can't see why the board doesn't have any post. Permissions seem fine. Database has messages (topics).

Guess I need Help... ???

ThorstenE

Did you got any errors during the conversion? please also check the table smf_messages via phpMyAdmin. is there any content inside this table?

jrhicks

Hi,

Actually, I did get errors. Although I went into phpadmin and change the numbers around to show the boards and place them into correct categories etc.

Password doesn't work when trying to reset, but otherwise it works. Got to look into that some more. Otherwise thanks as you did help I had the wrong smf file.

One thing to note is this convert only seems to work on the same hosting account. NOT two different ones. At least for me.

ThorstenE

Quote from: jrhicks on May 23, 2010, 09:58:35 PM
One thing to note is this convert only seems to work on the same hosting account. NOT two different ones. At least for me.
yes, that's right. The converter needs direct access to the source forums database.

Quote from: jrhicks on May 23, 2010, 09:58:35 PM
Actually, I did get errors.
Can you post these error messages? Maybe we can fix the converter..

dominik26

Hy!

I get this error:
Converting attachments... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    attachmentID, messageID AS ID_MSG, downloads AS downloads, attachmentName AS filename
    FROM `usr_web2_3`.wcf1_attachment
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'messageID' in 'field list'

What can I do?

Thx a lot!

evercan

ich hab das gleiche problem
i got the same problem / error
This query:
SELECT
attachmentID, messageID AS ID_MSG, downloads AS downloads, attachmentName AS filename
FROM `freebeat`.wcf1_attachment
LIMIT 0, 500;
Caused the error:
Unknown column 'messageID' in 'field list'

smf 1.1.12
wbbBurning Board Version 3.1.1 pl 1 (Volcano)
Community Framework Version 1.1.1 pl 2 (Tempest)

Norv

Can you please export the structure of the attachment table (wcf1_attachment from freebeat database), structure only, with phpmyadmin, and attach it or send it in a PM?
In order to do that, you can select the database and the table, then go to export tab, and please make sure you select "structure" only, no data. Then save it in a file, and PM me the contents of it, or attach it here. Having no data whatsoever, it wouldn't have anything confidential.

Alternatively, if you wish, I would appreciate if you consider to send me the entire contents of the database, that would help. As you want, of course.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

xpurebloodx

HAs this ever worked for anybody?

-->
SMF 2
WBB 3.07
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

OliverS

Hello,
is with me all over, except for the attachments. The article will appear in, but are not associated with the attachments in the folder.
When clicking to open the image as a download, then the file is probably empty.
I think it's random hash generated from the account of the wbb.

Is there a help to me?

hugo2

Quote from: jrhicks on May 21, 2010, 05:39:07 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to convert how can I fix this:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'websiten_wb'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

Thanks, Roger

hi i have same problem like this
how to fix this
someone who has done this and can explain

djsami

Unable to find the settings for Burning Board 3.0. Please double check the path and try again.
promlem
/home/airsoftt/public_html/smf

/home/airsoftt/public_html/forum

yes

/public_html
wbb3_to_smf.sql
wbb3_migration.php
convert.php
Promlem:(((

ThorstenE

djsami,
the converter you're using is outdated.

please try the converter from my github account (see my signature) or use this link instead:
https://github.com/eurich/smf_converters/zipball/master (wbb3_to_smf.sql is included in the zip file)

djsami

Quote from: Thorsten Eurich on September 24, 2012, 02:19:01 AM
djsami,
the converter you're using is outdated.

please try the converter from my github account (see my signature) or use this link instead:
https://github.com/eurich/smf_converters/zipball/master [nofollow] (wbb3_to_smf.sql is included in the zip file)

promlem wbb database airsoftt_smf smf database airsoftt_smf okey
promlem

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Burning Board 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'airsoftt_smf'@'localhost' for table 'wbb1_1_user'

Advertisement: