News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

My Tips for Building Active Community!

Started by alex30, January 25, 2009, 11:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex30

Twitter is good when you work on adding correct people if not than you'll have bunch of advertisers posting same exact thing to promote their projects and your tweets would be useless.

perplexed

Quote from: alex30 on March 18, 2010, 08:49:44 PM
When you add people, make sure to add only those people (civilians) who maybe interested in your web/forum content, and skip your competitors. Than your tweets would be actually useful. If you want to bring new members, you've got to post ads on craiglist every 2nd day.

doesn't posting on craigslist attract a lot of spammers?

irtiza104

Thanks for the advices. I liked it a lot.

alex30

You welcome mate, glad I could help you.

~DS~

Nice tips however ""Welcome Topic" is a bad idea. I don't think we need that as I'm sure new members would be happy to post their own intro or current members post a welcome thread for new members.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Boricua012

Can someone explain to me how to use craiglist because it looks confusing and all jumbled up to me  :-\

alex30

Dismal Shadow you can't say it's bad idea unless you tried it. I tried it and it helps.

~DS~

Quote from: alex30 on March 31, 2010, 04:14:34 PM
Dismal Shadow you can't say it's bad idea unless you tried it. I tried it and it helps.
I did.  :)
But I removed it.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

alex30

I only remove topics that don't have members posts. Many members like to post replies welcoming new users and that's why I'm for this feature.

Advertisement: