I'm interested in why people leave mybb for SMF?

Started by eclipsenow, January 31, 2009, 03:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eclipsenow

Hi all,
I looked at Mybb at one stage, and it has a fairly nice feel and look to it. Just wondering why some people chose SMF over Mybb? Admittedly, it's not as big a community, but that could mean far more users, and not necessarily say much about how many moderators/helpers there are for the community. So it might even be a larger helper to user ratio?

Anyway, glad of your feedback. phpbb3 has definitely gone right out the window, but Mybb is still on the radar, even if its blip is somewhere off left of field...
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

compgenius999

It wasn't as customizable as SMF, it was also hard to find themes for it

eclipsenow

Yeah, I guess if there are not as many themers in the community there's not going to be as many themes. However, what wasn't as customizable?
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

SAFAD

see this you will know
http://www.forum-software.org/forum-comparator?forum=mybb,simple-machines
am shure you will got it
but this is not what maked me leave it
its cuz from very big heavy bug
all users login as admin
the support have said that the problem from me but am shure 100/100 its from forum software
anyway smf is better
Best Regards
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Advertisement: