News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Started by Compuart, February 04, 2009, 11:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compuart

Simple Machines is proud to announce the release of SMF 2.0 RC1. This first Release Candidate for 2.0 concludes the period of beta testing and is one of last steps towards 2.0 going gold. Numerous bugs that were reported after the release of Beta 4 have been fixed and improvements have been made to security, stability, and performance.

If you are currently running 2.0 beta 4 we advise you to upgrade to 2.0 RC1 as it is more stable and secure. Charter Members using 2.0 RC1 are advised to upgrade for security improvements not available in the preview release.

Together with the release of SMF 2.0 RC1, a security release has been made for the 1.1 branch: SMF 1.1.8. If you are currently running 1.1.7 you can choose to upgrade to 1.1.8 or 2.0 RC1, both of which contain the security updates.

Major changes since the last release:
   * Fixed a significant number of bugs reported by Beta Testers, Charter members, and community members.
   * Improved security by updating session checks and building in extra checks.
   * Fixed a small number of security vulnerabilities reported by the community.
   * Updated the interface to ensure a more intuitive navigation.
   * Updated the profile interface to be more consistent with the administration and moderation center navigation.
   * Several theme improvements for better semantics and standards support.
   * Better database layer support.

Note: the packages include everything you need to install a fresh board, or to upgrade from 2.0 Beta 4 – or any previous version of SMF. You can check out the changelog on the download page for a full list of changes.

Please continue to report all bugs and request support in the dedicated boards. We're very keen to hear your feedback, positive and negative, to help us continue to improve the software.

http://download.simplemachines.org/

Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much more prompt response by visiting the relevant support board!
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Smoky "Rider" Blue

wow.. hey check it out..  :D

woohooooo!!!!  :P

downloading.. omg the upgrades ima have to do.. time to get busy!!!  ;D 8)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Tyrsson

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Maher

Oh, finally! Can't wait to see the final realease going through.
Thanks.

sevacycles

franklinrony

very good....wait the final version, congrats to smf team
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Tyrsson

Okay had to add a CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Was kinda excited when I posted the first time :)
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Quote from: sevacycles on February 04, 2009, 11:36:36 PM
is this safe to run on a live site??

if you read when you download, the answer is not to use it on one..  ;)

unless you know what you are doing.  O:)

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

sevacycles

yeah i rarely read anything.  :D

I guest i need to make a test site and play.

aldo

Skhilled

Time for a few more tests. :)

EDIT: And thanks to everyone involved.  8)

Amacythe

One step closer to the final release :)

Great work Devels!

islam2hamy

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

FidelGonzales

Quote from: sevacycles on February 04, 2009, 11:36:36 PM
is this safe to run on a live site??
After testing it, it was too tough to resist the features and functionality. So, I have had the previous version running on a live site since its release, and it's working well without any issues. I will be merging this version with a larger site (30k unique monthly) later next week.

Truly the best forum software. THANKS!

X3mE

Finally... I've been awake for almost 30 hours, and I'm definitely not going to sleep until I check this out :P
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

Pratt

Great news! This will be a fun weekend updating SMF on my boxes :)
Thank you for all the hard work guys! You're really the best!

amiralib

CONGRATS............. :)

hope TinyPortal upgrade to SMF2.0 ASAP .... Im waiting for both of them on my website :D

Dragooon

Vekseid

Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Advertisement: