Advanced image uploader

Started by gargouri2001, February 22, 2009, 06:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anakmacan

Hey there, im using rc2.0 too, i hope it will be available for this version soon, and pls put some ads on your site http://xtupload.com/ cos i want to click some of them to say thanks :D

Rik©

Can the author explain how MY CODE shows up in the mod-package?
Quote from: Advancedimageuploader_rem_settings.phpThis script will remove the Simple ImageShack mod settings from the database.

Quote from: Advancedimageuploader_readme.html©2005 Simple Tweaks

Looks like you used my mod to create this one..... without permission!
What's your explenation?

-Rik©

Rik©

:bump:

* Rik© wonders how this mod got approved by the mod-team since it contains MY code....

SlammedDime

Rik(c) - You cannot lay claim to a database query that can only be run one way, there really isn't another way to remove items from the database... if you want to try and claim that, then I suppose *you* used other people's code without permission to make your uninstaller.  Perhaps MySQL should come along and lay claim on the database query?

As for the readme file, you've used lots of styles and codes from around the web to compile it yourself, so you can't really lay claim to it either... http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal15.htm - looks kinda familiar, doesn't it.

Sorry, I won't be taking any action against this mod or mod author.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Rik©

Thanks for the reply...

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 24, 2010, 02:40:50 AM
Rik(c) - You cannot lay claim to a database query that can only be run one way, there really isn't another way to remove items from the database... if you want to try and claim that, then I suppose *you* used other people's code without permission to make your uninstaller.  Perhaps MySQL should come along and lay claim on the database query?
No, of course not  ;D (but i don't claim the db queries)

QuoteAs for the readme file, you've used lots of styles and codes from around the web to compile it yourself, so you can't really lay claim to it either... http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal15.htm - looks kinda familiar, doesn't it.
It does, but i don't claim the ZDnet navbar css either...

QuoteSorry, I won't be taking any action against this mod or mod author.

My point is that the author didn't even took the time to remove my written TEXT (not talking about the css) or even bothered to write his own readme, he just replaced some (not all) of the words.

For eaxample, here's a line from his package readme....
QuoteThis package will install the 'Advanced Image Uploader On Your Site (tm)' feature on your SMF forum/board. It will work with the default and classic template, and also with all other templates that make use of the 'Post.template.php' file from the default template.

Here's one from an old SIS...
Quote from: SISv204_readme.txt
This package will install the 'ImageShack On Your Site (tm)' feature on your SMF forum/board.
It will work with the default, classic and Babylon template, and also with all other templates that make use of the 'Post.template.php' file from the default template.
looks kinda familiar, doesn't it  ::)

I remember that a few years ago a2h was told by the mod-team that he had to ask me permission before his mod got approved.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=488
Looks to me this is the same situation.....
But never mind, looks like some of the rules are changed   :-\

* Rik© hopes the author will someday return here and edits his package when he reads this...

- Rik©

Deviliciouz

I love this mod, but since I have version 1.1.11 it doesn't work anymore, please can you update it to 1.1.11?

Thank You

harvey8542

Mine has been down for a week or two  :( The members of my forum love it and it is really missed. Is there away to get it back up and running?

Deviliciouz

My problem is, when uploading images the loadbar from the page gets stucked halfway, and the mod keeps processing (uploading the image) but doesn't upload anymore.
Maybe it isn't the version problem, I've updated my forum to 1.1.11 last monday (23 februari).

Realinfo

betelgeuse79

Hello to all,

I need to install this mod on the 2.0.2 release how I can do it?

Let me know.

All the best

Riccardo

LadyAngel

Are there any planned updates for this mod?

Advertisement: