News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Custom Pages

Started by Robbo_, February 27, 2009, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo_

Quote from: PerryM on March 02, 2009, 07:52:41 PM
Of course there are bugs just uploading and installing this thing:

1.[/t] Execute Modification ./index.php Test failed

Let me know when this is fixed.
Do you have any other mods installed? Can you show me the actions array in your index.php?

Quote from: Propaganistas on March 02, 2009, 10:57:31 AM
Quote from: Robbo_ on March 01, 2009, 07:15:21 PM
Have you been able to install any other mods? Uninstall the mod if it says it is installed, then delete that temp folder and try and install again. If it still doesn't work then you might want to try the support forums as that sounds like an issue with packaging and not the mod itself.
I'll look into this now. If I find the problem I will get a quick update done

Deleting the temp directory worked out for me. Thanks a bunch!

It seems that the list tag gets displayed in preview, but it doesn't in the parsed page. Anyone else experiencing this?
I can't replicate this issue.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

PerryM

I installed a new version of smf 2.0 RC1 and this mod installed fine.

I created a custom page.

For the life of me I haven't a clue how to use this page - is this spelled out somewhere?
Perry

Robbo_

The url would be: {site_url_here}/index.php?action=page&sa={page_id}

You can get to the page by clicking on the name of the page in the admin area.

For users to get to a page you have to make a link somewhere on your forum.

After I finish this mod and another one I am working on atm I will be making a custom link mod which will go hand in hand this mod making so you can add links to the main menu for your custom pages.
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

swampy

Quote from: Robbo_ on March 03, 2009, 02:42:15 AM
The url would be: {site_url_here}/index.php?action=page&sa={page_id}

You can get to the page by clicking on the name of the page in the admin area.

For users to get to a page you have to make a link somewhere on your forum.

After I finish this mod and another one I am working on atm I will be making a custom link mod which will go hand in hand this mod making so you can add links to the main menu for your custom pages.

Now that will be SWEET!  One key to a custom page being immediately useful would be an option to rename HOME to FORUM and naming the new page HOME

Just a thought.

Robbo_

Quote from: swampy on March 04, 2009, 05:33:37 PM
... One key to a custom page being immediately useful would be an option to rename HOME to FORUM and naming the new page HOME
That is something that will be much easier to add to the custom links mod rather then the custom pages one. And it's a good idea so I will when I make it ;)

UPDATE: New custom pages version is done which adds a HTML editor, logs page views, removes client-side validation code since it is pretty useless, fixed minor bugs and a new SSI function (ssi_recentPages).
I just need to package it which is the part I hate so I am done for the night. I'll try get it all packaged sometime during the weekend.

Anyone who wants to port to SMF 1.x be my guest. I'm not looking forward to doing it myself.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Groundhog

QuoteUPDATE: New custom pages version is done which adds a HTML editor

That's great Robbo_  :)

pariofdreamz

Please Make it Compatible with 1.1.8 :(

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

shumilica

We're waiting eagerly for your release :)
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Robbo_

Due to a bug with SMF I am still trying to package it so that people won't lose their data when upgrading from 1.0.6.

I will give it a go now and if all goes well new version will be up very soon!
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Broken Arrow

It's not compatible with 1.1.8   :'(

Robbo_

Version 1.0.7 released.
See first post for details.

Quote from: Broken Arrow on March 09, 2009, 03:36:23 PM
It's not compatible with 1.1.8   :'(
Compatibility for 1.1.8 will be in the next version (unless I have to make a quick fix).
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Broken Arrow

thanks!

I am trying to find one of the pages mods that will actually work with v1.1.8 and the aero theme

I'll wait for your's  :)

Groundhog

Robbo_

Well done. I have installed this mod and it's doing way more than I could have asked for.

I was able to copy 2 of my 44 original custom pages that I was using in YaBB into your custom pages mod and they work perfectly.  :)

Thanks for this mod Robbo  8)

Shortie

Hi All

A really dumb question

Can I use PHP code with this - I am no coder so any help would be great

As for the mod it is just what I am looking for already wrapped the sites webmail into a page really looks good

Thanks

Shortie

Robbo_

No you can't use PHP in it and I have no plans to add PHP use. If you want to make a page with PHP you should look into making a small mod. You can use the custom pages template with another PHP page.

To do this create a new source page with your code. You then need an 'entry point' function that the index page will call on a certain action. So say you create Sources/Test.php with the  function testing.
In that function use...
   loadTemplate( 'customPages');
Now in your PHP code define $context['page']['title'] for what you want to appear in the title row and then $context['page']['body'] for what you want to appear in the content.

Finally you will want to add your action to the $actions array in your main index.php file. In this case it will be $actions['test'] = array('test.php', 'testing');

Some of the above info could be wrong as I am typing this from memory. If you have a little knowledge in PHP this shouldn't be to hard for you to do.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Shortie

Many thanks for the info

Shortie

willerby

Great mod Robbo. Takes Deprecated's 'bakers dozen pages' to its natural conclusion.

Thanks - permission based pages an absolute godsend.
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

willerby

I have a member group that the admin panel refuse to accept - I check it to allow access to a page but it never includes it - although it includes all others selected.

If I select just that member group I get the 'must include a permission' error.

Am I missing a separate permission somewhere to allow this group access? If not, appears to be a bug somewhere...

What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Xavi-Nena

I anticipate the upgraded release.

Robbo_

Quote from: willerby on March 15, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
I have a member group that the admin panel refuse to accept - I check it to allow access to a page but it never includes it - although it includes all others selected.

If I select just that member group I get the 'must include a permission' error.

Am I missing a separate permission somewhere to allow this group access? If not, appears to be a bug somewhere...

I'll look into it once I get a chance and get a new version out.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Advertisement: